Boumsong

Ketsbaia

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Lucky can do, but he doesn't look like a Dave Mackay in the tackle, and he doesn't look like a workaholic who is going to get up and down the line helping out the fullback all the time.  But what the hell, it was only £9.5m of the clubs money to satisfy the bully's ego.

47372[/snapback]

The bits I've highlighted describe Robert perfectly IMO.

47545[/snapback]

True. Will he be as good at what Robert did well though?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boumsong seriously needs to address the slipping lark, its stupid the amount of times he falls over. Change your studs or whatever mate.

He's a good player and showed that last season, but this season he's been poor and no one can argue that. Against West Ham he looked shaky too (for whoever said he held us together).

Hope he can get back to form soon enough, but even when he does for £8m we've been raped.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Lucky can do, but he doesn't look like a Dave Mackay in the tackle, and he doesn't look like a workaholic who is going to get up and down the line helping out the fullback all the time.  But what the hell, it was only £9.5m of the clubs money to satisfy the bully's ego.

47372[/snapback]

47545[/snapback]

47546[/snapback]

If he plays in England like he did in Spain, he'll be 10 times the player Robert was. Unfortunately, that's not guaranteed.

I think you should just make a snap assessment based on the few minutes he's played for the Toon rather than looking at his career in La Liga tbh :crylaughin:

Only 19/time to mature.  Where have I heard that before.

see Ameobi, S

47668[/snapback]

So, at 19 Taylor should be the finished article?

47669[/snapback]

Never said that, some mongs on here think he is the best thing since sliced bread though.

I think you should just make a snap assessment based on the few minutes he's played for the Toon rather than looking at his career in La Liga tbh :crylaughin:

47667[/snapback]

Making snap assessments isn't something I do, mate. I'm sure you believe that, however, in lieu of having something intelligent to contribute you try a bit of fishing. As you've admitted before, it's just the way you are, eh. Obviously some of us care more about the club and the topic at hand than others do. I suppose that's inevitable these days.

I don't think anybody has ever claimed Robert is good at the bits of my post you highlighted, which is exactly why I posted it, as well you know.

The question is, will Lucky do those things and will he better than Robert at the things Robert does well, or even just as good as Robert at the positive things? What I've seen of Lucky doesn't fill me with confidence that he will do the defensive work. ( I do own a TV, so while I admit my view of Lucky is somewhat limited, I can confirm that my exposure to football isn't just sitting in a stand at St James. I have seen him before )

But as I say, £9.5m of the clubs money gone on a player we didn't need. Assuming players are fit, we could be sitting here now looking ahead to Sunday with a strike pairing of Bellamy/Owen and Robert on the left. Instead, we have a 35 year old whose legs have gone and a kid on the left who looks out of his depth a large part of the time, and the club is £25m down. I know which option the mackems would prefer facing. You can bury your head in the sand all you like and be happy with that, but some of us aren't. Some of us regard this as poor management and a waste of the clubs money.

Edited by Howaythelads

47372[/snapback]

47545[/snapback]

47546[/snapback]

If he plays in England like he did in Spain, he'll be 10 times the player Robert was. Unfortunately, that's not guaranteed.

47663[/snapback]

What are you saying, that Lucky is inconsistent? That sounds familiar.

see Ameobi, S

47668[/snapback]

47669[/snapback]

Never said that, some mongs on here think he is the best thing since sliced bread though.

47683[/snapback]

What do you expect? When was the last time we produced someone of his quality?

One thing you got to remember about Ameobi is that he never looked like a natural striker, he was a lanky, tricky bugger but he was never going to be top class. Taylor on the other hand has one or two faults in his game that come with inexperience.

47372[/snapback]

47545[/snapback]

47546[/snapback]

47663[/snapback]

47685[/snapback]

I think he rather said, that's different to be class player in Spain and being able to do the same in England. From what I have seen I would also say that Luque has the potential to be far better than Robert (and I have been one of his greatest apologetics for his obvious shortcomings), though if he not adapts to the English league he can potentially be a flop. I think he won't and under a capable manager he hopefully will be avle to show his class.

I know what he meant, it's just that it still seems to be the in thing around here to deliberately portray the idea that someone has said something they didn't. I thought some would have grown out of it now but children do like to play.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So that's what I'll be doing, it's such fun, you know.

I think he won't and under a capable manager he hopefully will be avle to show his class.

Can't believe you think Souness is a capable manager. :crylaughin:

I cant believe the amount of shite thats been thrown on boumsong, he's had a couple of bad games so what?? What player doesn't??? He was superb last season and im extremely happy with him in our side. He will come good, he's got the quality.

And mind you apart from shay, parker and zoggy all our players have been playing absolute shite this season so its unfair to pick on boumsong.

From what I'd read of Boumsong before he came here in honesty he was never said to be as consistent and solid as people made him out to be after his good start with us. It seems that inconsistency is creeping in showing a side of him we were hoping not to see.

I do hope that he puts things right again but I just feel Bramble and Taylor will come better. Sure Titus might fall on his arse once or twice but his class as a centre-back for what he can truly offer can never be doubted. He's a must now and he's got the support of everyone involved with the club to push him in the right direction, same can be said about Taylor....so where does that leave Boum's inconsistency?

strange one,taylor will go on to be massive for us,but our best defensive partnership for us this year has been bramble-boumsong.taylor seems to put the skidders under boumsong where as someone of his experience should be helping the younger one through.

see Ameobi, S

47668[/snapback]

47669[/snapback]

47683[/snapback]

I agree with you in that case but he obviously does need time to mature. I remember Leazes saying he'll be a future England international (or was it captain). He might be but let's just see the lad become a solid first team regular first.

47372[/snapback]

47545[/snapback]

47546[/snapback]

47663[/snapback]

47685[/snapback]

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm looking at the previous record of Spanish players adapting to the Premiership, and saying that it's not guaranteed that Luque will adapt. That's a little different to saying he's inconsistent, which in my opinion he isn't. Time will tell though. I just hope we get to see the version of him which has made him one of the best players in La Liga over the last few years.

47667[/snapback]

Making snap assessments isn't something I do, mate. I'm sure you believe that, however, in lieu of having something intelligent to contribute you try a bit of fishing. As you've admitted before, it's just the way you are, eh. Obviously some of us care more about the club and the topic at hand than others do. I suppose that's inevitable these days.

I don't think anybody has ever claimed Robert is good at the bits of my post you highlighted, which is exactly why I posted it, as well you know.

The question is, will Lucky do those things and will he better than Robert at the things Robert does well, or even just as good as Robert at the positive things? What I've seen of Lucky doesn't fill me with confidence that he will do the defensive work. ( I do own a TV, so while I admit my view of Lucky is somewhat limited, I can confirm that my exposure to football isn't just sitting in a stand at St James. I have seen him before )

But as I say, £9.5m of the clubs money gone on a player we didn't need. Assuming players are fit, we could be sitting here now looking ahead to Sunday with a strike pairing of Bellamy/Owen and Robert on the left. Instead, we have a 35 year old whose legs have gone and a kid on the left who looks out of his depth a large part of the time, and the club is £25m down. I know which option the mackems would prefer facing. You can bury your head in the sand all you like and be happy with that, but some of us aren't. Some of us regard this as poor management and a waste of the clubs money.

47684[/snapback]

Yeah but you make ignorant racist remarks you half witted turd.

Nice to see you have maintained the tabloid outlook (the very humerous "Lucky")

Robert loves the club doesnt he? So does Bellamy? thats why they pissed about in the press/media and with the previous manager

did you go to the Norwich game (or any other for that matter?) and return home/pub like the rest of us to hear our Craig saying

"Craig Bellamy will do what is best for Craig Bellamy"

when we tried to buy someone better!

Heyho.

At least now we have Parker, Emre, Solano, Owen, Luque you can manage a story to tell people you were right all along that we would sign Dickov! Somehow you will believe it.

Youre a brainless, racist Brian. I'm sure your dad is proud of you.

I think you should just make a snap assessment based on the few minutes he's played for the Toon rather than looking at his career in La Liga tbh :nufc:

47667[/snapback]

47684[/snapback]

Robert loves the club doesnt he? So does Bellamy? thats why they pissed about in the press/media and with the previous manager

did you go to the Norwich game (or any other for that matter?) and return home/pub like the rest of us to hear our Craig saying

Heyho.

At least now we have Parker, Emre, Solano, Owen, Luque you can manage a story to tell people you were right all along that we would sign Dickov! Somehow you will believe it.

48092[/snapback]

OMG. Christine has let you out again.

Never said we'd sign Dickov actually. What I did say is that it won't matter who this 'manager' signs because he won't be able to manage them properly. That's why I said I wouldn't give him any money after signing Faye and Boumsong. Can't see where I'm wrong so far, but then you know better of course.

I think you should just make a snap assessment based on the few minutes he's played for the Toon rather than looking at his career in La Liga tbh :nufc:

47667[/snapback]

47684[/snapback]

Heyho.

48092[/snapback]

OMG. Christine has let you out again.

Never said we'd sign Dickov actually. What I did say is that it won't matter who this 'manager' signs because he won't be able to manage them properly. That's why I said I wouldn't give him any money after signing Faye and Boumsong. Can't see where I'm wrong so far, but then you know better of course.

48119[/snapback]

Straight back into lies again. You did say we would end up with Dickov.

Youre a racist and a liar.You also said Boumsong was a good player.

Freaky boy.

Your hatred of Souness and black people leads you into weird but altogether obvious signs mental illness or just idiocy.

Proabably the latter.

:nufc:  So do you two know each other then?

48124[/snapback]

Yeah. I have a well adjusted cognitive ability. He lives under a rock and prefers to avoid anyone with more than a Tynemouth tan.

He lies and isnt bright enough to worm his way out of things and is a known racist.