Mort to return ?

Toonpack

Mort appeared to actually have a clue.

And he was willing to talk and listen to the fans, whereas I get the feeling Llambias has nowt but contempt for us.

While I agree with you on the fact that his communication skills were better, I can help but think he's being assigned some 'messiah' status on the grounds that he was only involved with the club before we all realised what was going on.

If he'd still been chairman when Keegan quit, we'd be calling him a cunt too. Of that I have no doubt.

And he was willing to talk and listen to the fans, whereas I get the feeling Llambias has nowt but contempt for us.

While I agree with you on the fact that his communication skills were better, I can help but think he's being assigned some 'messiah' status on the grounds that he was only involved with the club before we all realised what was going on.

If he'd still been chairman when Keegan quit, we'd be calling him a cunt too. Of that I have no doubt.

This.

Let's not forget he's Welsh, anarl. And ginga.

I completely agree. It's too easy to simply think that he was the glue holding everything together and it all went tits up because he left but having a chairman who told us what was going on, asked the fans what they wanted and did seem to have the ear of Ashley was a huge bonus after Fat Fred. Also, am I right in thinking Mort was the man who orchestrated Keegan's return?

Ashley just seems to have surrounded himself with his drinking buddies at the minute and it gets on my tits that no one at the club talks to the fans. Christ, Keith Harris has been more vocal over the past few months and he's not even employed by the club.

EDIT: Also, wasn't it an argument between Llambias and Keegan on the last day of the transfer window which led to KK throwing in the towel? When Llambias said that he "wanted to hit him"?

You wouldn't get that with wor Chris. Altogether a different class of chairman :lol:

Edited by Ketsbaia

But would things have went that way if he was here?

Fucking hell man are you suggesting it all turned to shit in the couple of weeks between Mort leaving and KK quitting? :)

:lol:

Fucking hell man are you suggesting it all turned to shit in the couple of weeks between Mort leaving and KK quitting? :)

A couple of weeks? Didn't Mort leave in either May or June.

Was July wasn't it? :outahere:

I thought Mort left about the end of last season, aye. Anyway, I think he was an ally of KK who also had the ear of Ashley, obviously. I'm guessing but I think he could have made a difference because Wise seemed to grab more and more power after Mort left. Llambias has been an absolute joke too. Has he even given an interview yet?

To be fair to him, the story was that Mort was fighting Keegan's corner during the 'clear the air talks' which may or may not have happened depending on if you believe Ashley or not. Plus that attempted reconciliation between Keegan and Ashley a week or two after he resigned was held at Freshfields in Mort's office.

He does seem to have a bit of sway over Fat Ash and isn't just a yes man and it would be a masterful piece of PR by Ashley if he got him back because a lot of fans would give Mort the benefit of the doubt. I hope it happens just so there is someone in the boardroom I don't immediately hate :outahere:

Mort seemed to understand how the roles of Keegan Wise Jiminez et al should operate, and be able to manage the relationships succsesfully.

LLambias otoh seems to be Wises mate and completely undermoned Keegans position

Doesnt seem a laughable opinion to me

I thought Mort left about the end of last season, aye. Anyway, I think he was an ally of KK who also had the ear of Ashley, obviously. I'm guessing but I think he could have made a difference because Wise seemed to grab more and more power after Mort left. Llambias has been an absolute joke too. Has he even given an interview yet?

The most we've heard from him is when he was overheard by punters in that bar in Dubai saying he was going to wallop KK.

The most we've heard from him is when he was overheard by punters in that bar in Dubai saying he was going to wallop KK.

Objection, your honour; unsubstantiated hearsay.

Do lawyers come out and clarify unsubstantiated hearsay nowadays, like? :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20745414/

Which tbf he didn't deny in a statement.

The Beak: 'Over-ruled, Mr Hips. Some lawyer gadgie in The Mirror has confessed Mr Labia's inappropriate comments regarding cuffing Mr Kegs.'

Was July wasn't it? :outahere:

May 22nd. 2/3months is quite a long time.

The Beak: 'Over-ruled, Mr Hips. Some lawyer gadgie in The Mirror has confessed Mr Labia's inappropriate comments regarding cuffing Mr Kegs.'

:)

Would be the clearest indication yet that Ashley's wanting to give it a second go.

Question is, would the fans who've been wanting him out accept that?

I'd be happy with Pol Pot in charge if he was willing to drag us forward and make us a success. If Ashley is willing to revaluate his strategy, put more money into the club and get rid of TCW then i'd be satisfied.