Official Guti is average thread.

Park Life

The jizzfest over him is what we used to call McCreeryitis - if someone in a black and white shirt "gives 110%" and "gets stuck in" they are worshipped to a ridiculous degree beyond their actual ability/usefulness.

Edit: see Warren Barton.

Edited by NJS

The jizzfest over him is what we used to call McCreeryitis - if someone in a black and white shirt "gives 110%" and "gets stuck in" they are worshipped to a ridiculous degree beyond their actual ability/usefulness.

Similarly anyone who doesn't conform to the incredible standards set by some fans are labelled terrible and a waste of money etc. etc. simply because some fans need to vent their frustration about a performance and it's easier to do it to a player, than to the team.

Robert was villified despite being an incredible source of goals and creativity for the team but didn't track back, now Jonas is getting it because he tracks back but doesn't create as much as we'd like.

It's a bit deluded if you ask me.

Similarly anyone who doesn't conform to the incredible standards set by some fans are labelled terrible and a waste of money etc. etc. simply because some fans need to vent their frustration about a performance and it's easier to do it to a player, than to the team.

Robert was villified despite being an incredible source of goals and creativity for the team but didn't track back, now Jonas is getting it because he tracks back but doesn't create as much as we'd like.

It's a bit deluded if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong - I think he's a good player who will do better but the acclaim he has received so far has been over the top.

It never bothered me that Robert didn't track back - I felt he let himself down by occasional disinterest/fairyness.

Oh no doubt the fawning praise players get after a decent debut is a crime, but to suddenly go from "He's a decent player" to "he wants raped by warthogs" is symptomatic of a fan looking to lash out.

He's better than average, and much better than most of what we have to offer. unfortunately, he's not like valencia and capable of beating 2 players regularly and firing off a shot/cross, so he's not going to win a game by himself

Put him in a midfield with an attacking winger on the other side, and a central midfielder more creative/going forward than butt/guthrie, and i think he'll balance it well. Put him in with duff, guthrie and butt, then he is average

I think robert's -ve's only singled him out once he stopped producing the goals/assists in his last 2 years. when he was good going forward I'd forgive him for anything

I'd agree that he suffers for the lack of ability around him. An on-field relationship with Charlie and Oba would really bring the best out of him I reckon.

a (if Santa was real) Stephen Ireland character in the center would get him to really flourish, but we'll see what the Championship players we're after can bring to the table...

Hasnt he had 2 or 3 assists in the last 2 games? Before today that is. So he makes goal saving tackles regularly and provides ammunition at the other end. Youre right, I dont even know why hes in the squad! :lol:

.. fucking hell I hate agreeing with you :outahere:

:):outahere:

its his lack of goals that will hurt us , he cant seem to cut inside and shoot like you need from a winger , but the guys been an assist machine in spain , and done well for us in that respect here . a good creative midfielder would probably improve his game for us like people say .

i dont like to see wingers tracking back to much myself , you should have at least 6 other players behind the ball tobe dealing with that .

Can I ask why you're singling him out again Parky? Especially when they were far worse players on the pitch for us yet again today.

I'm just growing tired of his feigning to decieve tricks. I pick on him also cause he's half decent. I given up with most of the others. :lol:

Can I ask why you're singling him out again Parky? Especially when they were far worse players on the pitch for us yet again today.

I'm just growing tired of his feigning to decieve tricks. I pick on him also cause he's half decent. I given up with most of the others. :lol:

It seems a bit sad singling out one of the positives to come out of the season for me.

It seems a bit sad singling out one of the positives to come out of the season for me.

I agree.

I want him to stay up the pitch save his energy and do the things we need rather than playing the Ian Botham role.

I agree.

I want him to stay up the pitch save his energy and do the things we need rather than playing the Ian Botham role.

I'm guessing you've never watched a game of cricket in your life then going by that comment?

"Average" - we could do with a few more players as "average" as him.

When we win a couple, we're heading to Europe and Jonas is a legend, but we lose against a bogey opponent in a bogey fixture to a bogey player and suddenly the knives are out for one of our better performers this season? If you need a scapegoat, there are plenty better.

I agree.

I'm guessing you've never watched a game of cricket in your life then going by that comment?

ie allrounder dimbo.

"Average" - we could do with a few more players as "average" as him.

When we win a couple, we're heading to Europe and Jonas is a legend, but we lose against a bogey opponent in a bogey fixture to a bogey player and suddenly the knives are out for one of our better performers this season? If you need a scapegoat, there are plenty better.

Butt was the worst player on the park beyond doubt.

Gutierrez is above average in the way he can beat a man, spot a run, work a shift and for the amount of effort he puts in - also he has pace we have lacked.

Like against Spurs - people were slating him but he put in a class shift.