Nicky Butt Appreciation thread

nufc1892

Occasionally he can be majestic but more often than not he is utter shite either giving the ball away or conceding penalties, one of the highest names of the list of Toon players that need replacing.

He seems to have one good every 4 outings or something. But then when he isn't playing well he's not only shit but he also seems to be actively trying to help out the other team as much as he can. Bye bye.

I think 1 in 4 is a bit generous. I can only think of a handful of games over the last couple of seasons. At best I don't notice he's playing, at worst I notice the ball being given away along the floor, or chipped forward aimlessly (because it worked once last season or something) followed by a questionable challenge to win back said given away ball, or my personal favourite, the appear jogging into the camera view just as the ball is being stroked in by the opposition player.

Seems to perform well against spurs, but thats it.

He seems to have one good every 4 outings or something. But then when he isn't playing well he's not only shit but he also seems to be actively trying to help out the other team as much as he can. Bye bye.

I honestly thought before today that his distribution was improving - maybe he was just giving it off to Enrique and Beye and them being missing fucked his "thinking".

I'm not that hysterical when it comes to him - I think most of the time he does his job quite well despite what people think but boy was he fucking abysmal today.

Fair enough, am always willing to respect (most) other people's points of view.

However, Duff and Butt make me hysterical, and am not ashamed to admit it. For me, apart from against Spurs when we often becomes like Patrick Vieira and Stevie G rolled into one :lol: , the best a Nicky Butt performance gets is me not realising he is playing... and that doesn't happen enough for me

I honestly thought before today that his distribution was improving - maybe he was just giving it off to Enrique and Beye and them being missing fucked his "thinking".

I'm not that hysterical when it comes to him - I think most of the time he does his job quite well despite what people think but boy was he fucking abysmal today.

Was great at home last season and shit away. Now seems to have become shit at both, outside of the odd performance. Having said that, he's been on the list of players we needed to replace since last season anyway and the need for a real quality central midfielder has been so glaring for so long now, I don't know how it hasn't been focused on.