Football Manager 2006

Greg

I'm going to wait for the reviews to come out before if I decide to get it or not.  :crylaughin:

47708[/snapback]

Because they are really likely to be shit aren't they !

FFS !

got to englands first game (as nufc manager) and guess what. The england squad is - a Jeenas and + a parker :o . this artificial sven really knows his stuff B)

i'm currently around 5th

won 2-0 vs charlton opening day, then drew to brom (a) 1-1 and won at birmingham 4-3 (owen and nobby scored their first goals with a shearer brace here) prior to that match luque had scored all our goals.

am out of the intertoto. lost to HSV. Owen scored 3 of my 4 goals and clark got a very good goal as well.

pools start is crazy btw. they had like 4 games this week and just beat bromby 2-0 to go through into the group stages of the CL on away goals :crylaughin:

Edited by kitty-sniper

I'm going to wait for the reviews to come out before if I decide to get it or not.  :crylaughin:

47708[/snapback]

Because they are really likely to be shit aren't they !

FFS !

47728[/snapback]

Well, no, I also need a new computer.

So once I get it, the reviews will be already out

Duh!

I was going to just download it, but when I checked the torrents there were so many people asking questions I was clueless. They were talking about mounting images and stuff. So I caved and ordered it off Gameplay this morning with the first class post option :crylaughin:

Mine arrived this morning. Comparing it to 05 it was very quick at starting a new game, I started with a 6 leagues from 5 countries with all the players in Brazil added and a huge database. However I've just spotted that a patch is out already so am downloading it now and will have to start again when it's done.

I've got English league as full on my comp and ALL leagues as basic (non selectable clubs) and it works like a charm.

I might have a shot at putting a few more leagues as full though.

Mine arrived this morning. Comparing it to 05 it was very quick at starting a new game, I started with a 6 leagues from 5 countries with all the players in Brazil added and a huge database. However I've just spotted that a patch is out already so am downloading it now and will have to start again when it's done.

48231[/snapback]

I think the patch is save game compatible, is it not?

48231[/snapback]

I think the patch is save game compatible, is it not?

48287[/snapback]

It is. But they always say it's best to start a fresh to get the full benefit of the patch. Bowyer isn't transfer listed when I restarted and the loan players were all in the reserves and easy to find.

Just played my first game away to Charleroi. The injury curse has already struck with Ameobi, Babayaro, Carr & Luque all out injured already! Played 3-5-2 with, Given; Moore (who's class!!), Boumsong, Taylor; N'Zogbia, Solano, Emre, Parker, Dyer; Owen, Shearer, and won 5-2. ;)

Just played my first game away to Charleroi. The injury curse has already struck with Ameobi, Babayaro, Carr & Luque all out injured already! Played 3-5-2 with, Given; Moore (who's class!!), Boumsong, Taylor; N'Zogbia, Solano, Emre, Parker, Dyer; Owen, Shearer, and won 5-2. ;)

49282[/snapback]

Given/Harper

Ramage-Bramble-Boom-Elliot

Taylor

Solano-Parker-Zogg

Owen-Luque

try that out, it works a treat, zogg has and arrow to LW, solano to RW.

Chopps and shearer are both good, rocky got 5 in the first half of my final home game, 4 absolute stunners.

In my second season now, the only player i've bought so far is leo messi for 5 mill. i think i'm around 6th, but only a couple of points off the lead, with a game in hand.

choppy, owen, taylor and parker are all hovering around the england first 18

Edited by kitty-sniper

got the mother of all selection problems in my 3rd season!

GK:

Given (sold harper to a'nal for 7mill)

i also have krul on the fringes and a youth i got from doncaster when i saw him in the u19 first team.

RB:

Ramage or carr

LB:

elliot or baba

cb:

Bramble (may go for 4mill to pool)-(now has gone to pool for 4)

Boom

Taylor

Huddlstone

maudro

DM:

Taylor

Huddlstone

Maudro

Parker

RCM:

Sinima-pongole

Solano

Dyer

CM:

Emre

Parker

Messi

Zogg

Viana

Dyer

LCM(my main problem)

Emre

Luque

Viana

Messi

Zoggy

Sinima-pongole

Giggs

FC:

Andy Johnsten

Rossi

Owen

Luque

Choppy

i'm just starting my 3rd season, finished 3rd (needed to win 4/5 matches to guarentee a cl place including both against chelsea and pool (a) but did win both.

I had a real chanc eof winning with 12 games to go but fell apart and almost lost out to cl. still no trophies.

sold milner to man u for 13 mill :o