Birthday presents

Meenzer

It's my fella's birthday in a couple of weeks and mine a few weeks after that, and it's the first time either of us has been in a Proper Relationship when it's been the other person's birthday.

And, surprise surprise, we're both completely clueless about what to get each other. :o

Trouble is, we talk about DVDs and music and books and stuff all the time, so nothing like that would be a surprise, and we're the kind of people who go out and buy/download what we want when we want it anyway... And we've already said we're going out for a meal, so I can't even wrap that up as some kind of lazy Romantic Gift... :crylaughin:

So it's brainstorming time, people. B) Any of you lot got any useful tips for pressies - whether normal or somewhat off the beaten track - that have worked for you in the past, or just sound like they might hit the spot? Sorry to be so vague, but, well, I am... :razz:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toast in the Post.

What says "I Love You" more than toasting a slice of bread, attaching a stamp and address to it (apparently butter is the best way) and shoving it in a postbox.

I'm not making this up. www.toastinthepost.com

You're welcome :nufc:

Make something.

Whether it's a video, a photo album or a mix tape.  They're always more appreciated.

48136[/snapback]

ruud5ut.jpg

48141[/snapback]

Well that's this thread finished for me.

night.

48143[/snapback]

You didn't have to quote it :nufc:

:( Some lovely ideas in there, ta folks. And some bizarre ones. And then there was Brock... I'm glad I'm not the only one with that photo in my bookmarks :nufc:

48270[/snapback]

Well Meenz, the saying 'it takes one to know one' is definately true then?? :o

It's my fella's birthday in a couple of weeks and mine a few weeks after that, and it's the first time either of us has been in a Proper Relationship when it's been the other person's birthday.

And, surprise surprise, we're both completely clueless about what to get each other. :o

Trouble is, we talk about DVDs and music and books and stuff all the time, so nothing like that would be a surprise, and we're the kind of people who go out and buy/download what we want when we want it anyway... And we've already said we're going out for a meal, so I can't even wrap that up as some kind of lazy Romantic Gift...  :(

So it's brainstorming time, people. :o Any of you lot got any useful tips for pressies - whether normal or somewhat off the beaten track - that have worked for you in the past, or just sound like they might hit the spot? Sorry to be so vague, but, well, I am... :o

48099[/snapback]

:nufc:

Trouble is, we talk about DVDs and music and books and stuff all the time, so nothing like that would be a surprise, and we're the kind of people who go out and buy/download what we want when we want it anyway... And we've already said we're going out for a meal, so I can't even wrap that up as some kind of lazy Romantic Gift...  :(

So it's brainstorming time, people. :o Any of you lot got any useful tips for pressies - whether normal or somewhat off the beaten track - that have worked for you in the past, or just sound like they might hit the spot? Sorry to be so vague, but, well, I am... :icon_lol:

48099[/snapback]

:nufc:

48344[/snapback]

Christ, you're perceptive. :o

How about a surprise something? Like a surprise trip somewhere. Does he like surprises? If not, that kinda sucks.

But like say 'we're going out for the day - get in the car' and then u drive somewhere, without telling him where you're going... and then suddenly you arrive at some place he's ALWAYS wanted to go to... or he LOVES going to.. or that he's never thought about, but you know it's just his kinda thing.

Failing that... toast :nufc: in the post :(

It doesn't have to be anything expensive. Sometimes a daft little present like a mug or a soft toy or a print hit a certain chord if they are chosen well. Try to think of something he's mentioned in passing in the past, extra brownie points for paying attention. Thoughtful and personal are the keys.

Nah, I'm still umming and ahhing. Some really good suggestions and comments among this lot though. Might try and put together a mini-photo album of "the story of us so far" or something equally soppy... :( ...though that's possibly best saved for an anniversary, I dunno. Inspiration still gratefully accepted, in other words. :nufc: