Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also have far better wingers, far better wing backs, cabaye and tiote sitting deep and vukcic out of his depth- there is no way aside from Demba magic we had a chance in that game with the tactics pardew went with. It was just waiting to lose really.

Sunderland look miles better than we do atm. Fair play.

Thats what you do, put in spirited performances against the big guns, far from our typical "roll out the red carpet and treat them like the Harlem Globetrotters" approach.

Take note Alan. Fair play to the mackems.

Don't think you understand the difference between playing at home and playing away and we gave Man Utd and Man City much more of a game than we did against Liverpool..

Which makes it so annoying Pardew didn't play it the same way against the worst of those three sides! Ben Arfa played well against City and won the pen against manu, but doesn't feature against the scousers!

I honestly - and I really hate to say this - think the Anfield crowd played a signifcant and very positive role in Liverpool winning that game. As I imagine did their frustration over Suarez and their lack of wins despite chances created. Many factors played a role in our performance but we really seemed to be intimidated. Concentration levels were poor and we gave the ball away far too much. It was loud on television.

Could well be, i know shit refereeing often used to fire up St James to levels that got the team flying and i think Gerard's appearance obviously changed things, but its starting to get annoying the refusal to play Ben Arfa saying he's not ready or up to speed when he never will be if he doesn't play and he's being kept out by players who aren't as good a him!

Lost comfortably against City and were hammered at old trafford but ben arfa saved a point, but alright mt.

Except your point was that we "roll(ed) out the red carpet and treat(ed) them like the Harlem Globetrotters". We definitely tried more against the Manchester sides. No-one's said we didn't lose comfortably against Man City and no-one's said we didn't deserve to lose that Man Utd game.

They also have far better wingers, far better wing backs, cabaye and tiote sitting deep and vukcic out of his depth- there is no way aside from Demba magic we had a chance in that game with the tactics pardew went with. It was just waiting to lose really.

Sunderland look miles better than we do atm. Fair play.

Teams tend to improve significantly when a new manager comes in, especially when it's a renowned and decent one. I'm not surprised to see them getting good results - even if said results come about through winning goals scored in the last 5 minutes of matches (as has happened in 3 of O'Neill's 4 games)

Lost comfortably against City and were hammered at old trafford but ben arfa saved a point, but alright mt.

Except your point was that we "roll(ed) out the red carpet and treat(ed) them like the Harlem Globetrotters". We definitely tried more against the Manchester sides. No-one's said we didn't lose comfortably against Man City and no-one's said we didn't deserve to lose that Man Utd game.

Im always tongue in cheek, of cource we tried. I still have the feeling Pardew is a bit too grovelly when it comes to the top teams... gut feeling I guess, and our record vs them this fall.

He was offside but Mancini was asking for it, he gave them no respect and didn't start his best team.

Obviously they were very unlucky hitting the post etc etc but it only takes a second to score an offside goal.

He was offside but Mancini was asking for it, he gave them no respect and didn't start his best team.

Obviously they were very unlucky hitting the post etc etc but it only takes a second to score an offside goal.

To not even have another out and out striker on the bench was mad considering Dzeko was abysmal, he brought on Silva and Aguero but they were creating for somebody miles off! He watched Fergie fuck up with his team selection, was given all the momentum to stamp their authority on the title race and he went and played a weak team himself!

Im always tongue in cheek, of cource we tried. I still have the feeling Pardew is a bit too grovelly when it comes to the top teams... gut feeling I guess, and our record vs them this fall.

We tried but I didn't see the same level of effort that I've seen in most of our games. They played a much better pressing game. They just seemed to be more up for it and we were a bit of a mess to be honest. We're better than that - I wouldn't have minded losing so much if our performance had been better. There's no real shame in losing to Liverpool at Anfield especially given how NUFC tend to lose there.

Thats what you do, put in spirited performances against the big guns, far from our typical "roll out the red carpet and treat them like the Harlem Globetrotters" approach.

Take note Alan. Fair play to the mackems.

Pretty over simplistic embarrassing comments tbh and shows an historical 'out of touchness' with the realities of this football club. We've had plenty of teams that could beat the big boys at home when their gander was up, trouble is we'd then go and lose away at Fulham/Bolton/Wigan etc etc the next match. And pretty much the entire season.

Pardew's strength has been in galvanizing and getting the team to turn in 'spirited performances'. Precisely that over and above anything else. That's not happening at the moment but your criticism hasnt been that anyway, it's been that we should be bombing all out attack and simply beating the top teams that way :lol: Now we're not spirited enough either. I think you need to pick another club to be totally honest.

Sunderland are in a bit of a purple patch because their limited players are putting in more effort and responding to their manager. They haven't suddenly become intrinsically better players to go and attack the top teams week in week out. Try them for a bit, they're only ten miles down the road after all.

It was offside but it was marginal. Not a travesty by any means.

You cant pick your team, it picks you mancy.

Straight swap - keys on the table - would you swap o`neill for pardew? Tom is on the floor laughing at the suggestion - I get that - any other opinions?

I think if O'Neill came in now he'd have a similar positive effect that he's had down the road. That could last the entire rest of the season and into then next.

I think he then wouldn't really be backed the way he'd want to be backed in the transfer market and then he'd fuck off again. In the meantime, results would have tailed off again as he began to get disillusioned. This could take in a 1 year period of management or 2 years, doesnt make much odds to me.

You're beyond naive is all it boils down to.

That old shit Fergie will be laughing his red tits off tonight

Or he'll be annoyed because his side could have gone above them if they'd won themselves.

Hindsight is a great thing though isnt it?

After yesterdays results he would of been furious thinking that City would of got 3 points today.

Straight swap - keys on the table - would you swap o`neill for pardew? Tom is on the floor laughing at the suggestion - I get that - any other opinions?

I think if O'Neill came in now he'd have a similar positive effect that he's had down the road. That could last the entire rest of the season and into then next.

I think he then wouldn't really be backed the way he'd want to be backed in the transfer market and then he'd fuck off again. In the meantime, results would have tailed off again as he began to get disillusioned. This could take in a 1 year period of management or 2 years, doesnt make much odds to me.

To be fair i don't think O'neil would fuck off because if he'd agreed to take over here he'd know fine well what he'd let himself in for as would any manager nowadays, so really the question should be simply would people rather have started this season and the next few years ahead with Pardew or O'Neil.

That old shit Fergie will be laughing his red tits off tonight

Or he'll be annoyed because his side could have gone above them if they'd won themselves.

Hindsight is a great thing though isnt it?

After yesterdays results he would of been furious thinking that City would of got 3 points today.

City were always going to drop points today. Having said that I thought it was going to be a draw all day.

Its just a hypothetical question. I know noone but pardew is willing to work under the current regime.

agreed

as for MoN he left villa once the cash had dried up and have no doubt he'll do the same at sunderland once things start to go sour.

wouldn't be able to cope with the eyes on him here since so many revel in telling us we're not important while avidly watching everything we do

To be fair i don't think O'neil would fuck off because if he'd agreed to take over here he'd know fine well what he'd let himself in for as would any manager nowadays, so really the question should be simply would people rather have started this season and the next few years ahead with Pardew or O'Neil.

What's the point in living in that alternative reality? He probably wouldnt have taken over at all if he'd had the conversation Pardew had with Ashley. If you think otherwise I think you're being naive too.

That said I don't even accept your basic premise-O'Neill is one of the biggest whingers in football management bar none. Listen to his interviews when they don't win. He thinks absolutely everything is against him so I could see him fucking off on a whim at any time he was refused a transfer he wanted.