The biggest enemy is apathy

Park Life

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The positive press today is good news. I'm surprised there are only 800 members so far. Hopefully the reporting of the meeting today and the rally at the Everton game will boost numbers.

Yup and these things have a habit of building very quickly. I said to Pud a few weeks ago that the first target should really be 5000. :lol:

I came away from the meeting feeling very positive. There was a lot of constructive and sensible stuff said, and its great to see the response it's got. I don't mind if people have some criticisms of us, that's absolutely fine and we welcome it. Ultimately, you're not going to please everyone on every decision, but hopefully we can appeal to enough people on enough points to build the club up.

I think everyone on the committee would stick their hands up and admit that we have had a few hiccups along the way, but we've started NUSC from scratch, so I think that's inevitable. We're just normal NUFC fans and it's been a learning curve, although personally I have found it to be an interesting and even cathartic experience.

I think we've made some good achievements, and I'm proud to be involved, so it's really nice to see people getting behind the organisation and help it gather momentum..

I came away from the meeting feeling very positive. There was a lot of constructive and sensible stuff said, and its great to see the response it's got. I don't mind if people have some criticisms of us, that's absolutely fine and we welcome it. Ultimately, you're not going to please everyone on every decision, but hopefully we can appeal to enough people on enough points to build the club up.

I think everyone on the committee would stick their hands up and admit that we have had a few hiccups along the way, but we've started NUSC from scratch, so I think that's inevitable. We're just normal NUFC fans and it's been a learning curve, although personally I have found it to be an interesting and even cathartic experience.

I think we've made some good achievements, and I'm proud to be involved, so it's really nice to see people getting behind the organisation and help it gather momentum..

:lol:

+1

:D

And my last and favourite offering :)

Is this the real life-

Is this just fantasy-

Caught in a landslide-

No escape from reality-

Open your eyes

Look up to the skies Ashleeee

Im just a barrow boy,i need your sympathy-

Because Im really nice dont you know,

Dennis Wise, he keeps low,

Anyway Kinnear blows,doesnt really matter to me,

To me

Mama,just ruined a man,

Put a gun against kevs head,

Sold James Milner while in bed,

Mama,Kev had just begun,

But now Ive gone and thrown it all away-

Mama ooo,

Didnt mean to make them cry-

If I cant sell this club by 12 tomorrow-

Carry on,carry on, as if nothing really matters-

Too late,my time has come,

Sends shivers down my spine-

Joe keeps lying all the time,

Goodbye my family-Ive got to go-

Gotta leave you all behind and face the toon-

Mama ooo-

I dont want to die,

I sometimes wish Id never bought them at all-

I see a little silhouette of a man,

Dennis Wise,Dennis Wise will you please fuck off o -

Thunderbolt and lightning-Dennis Wise is frightening me-

Gallagato,Gallagato,

Gallagato,Gallagato,

Gallagato-figaro-magnifico-

But Im just a Barrow boy and nobody loves me-

Hes just a Rich boy from a Rich family-

Spare him his life from this monstrosity-

Easy come easy go-,why did you let keegan go-

Cos Wise said no! Thats why we let him go

Thats why we let him go

Thats why we let him go

Go go go go go go go!

Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-

The toon army has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-

So you think you can mock me and not eat my pies-

So you think you can protest and not buy Joes lies-

Oh baby-cant do this to me baby-

Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here-

Nothing really matters,

I am Ash-er-lee,

Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

Any way the wind blows....

Christmas Tree, that is the bollocks like. Brillliant. You've spent some time there. I can't see 50k singing the whole song, but it would be mint if it was played at a match and a noticeable number all sang it/part of it at the same time :lol:

I'll bet I'm not the only one who read the lyrics with Mercury's voice in their head :D

Thinking about this, we should probably just adopt this for the moment because its very apt.

It would sound great being belted out around st. james with scarfs aloft.

When you walk through a storm

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

FYP

Edited by Happy Face

I wonder why Xmas Tree only posts in NUSC threads and I wonder why just before Xmas he was advocating protests and now he's changed his tune. Hmm....

I wonder why Xmas Tree only posts in NUSC threads and I wonder why just before Xmas he was advocating protests and now he's changed his tune. Hmm....

maybe it was s.a.d and now its heading for spring he's lightened up a bit

is he going to change his name to Easter Egg ya think

The point I was making was that he's now saying protests are bad (because he took his wife and daughter to the ones when KK went - which would have been at the beginning of September - and claims it was nothing but pissed-up, trouble-making charvas there) yet just before Xmas he was saying NUSC should be organising more protests. Hence, (on top of some other things) I think he's wum with an agenda (probably of the red and white variety).

said many a time on this thread that I have no problem with protests if they can get the numbers to make them work.

But several HUNDRED protesters will do nowt. Someone explain why a few hundred marching now is any different to the protest in September.

BTW To an outsiders point of view from elsewhere;

"The nusc committee formed to make decisions, held an open meeting to suggest what decisions to take. The decision was that they should organise another meeting" (rally).

and for fucks sake. Stop wasting your time getting paranoid about mackems. Think we've got enough to worry about with our own club at the mo.

And the only reason that I pop onto this board is that where I normally post, nusc does not get discused and I am interested.

Explain why 6 weeks ago you were saying NUSC should be organising protests.

Hey, if he's genuine kid on here that's fine.

If he's a mackem wum who's signed-up and cooked up a load of songs with his sad bastard mates just to try and get NUSC to have free membership so they can infiltrate it - even better.

Thought id answered all the questions.

Cant remember the posts from christmas but like all supporters, one minute your feeling ok, the next, like a loss, cup exit, etc etc your so pissed off. As a hero of mine once said, I would love it, love it if I thought several hundred people marching would achieve anything.

I would like to see nusc with 20,000 membership come the summer and think it could be achieved following the suggestions made earlier in this thread by myself and more regular posters. I have even offered my services to help.

My overall point is that i think a few other tricks need to be tried.

And normally I post on tyne talk and just read on this forum.

that's great if it's true but you have to see why people are sceptical. Are you saying that Nusc never gets a mention on Tyne talk and at the same time you have nothing to add to any other threads on here but plenty over there?

The bit I don't understand most though is you saying you wouldn't pay a tenner to join Nusc but would donate a ton if it was free membership? Doesn't make sense tbh why not pay to join and save yourself 90 sheets?

Peas Pud

that's great if it's true but you have to see why people are sceptical. Are you saying that Nusc never gets a mention on Tyne talk

Hardly, Ive mentioned it a few times and posted links but no not really.

and at the same time you have nothing to add to any other threads on here but plenty over there?

Busy driving a taxi most of the time so I guess its a time thing. As ive said, this was the subject that brought me here and interests me.

The bit I don't understand most though is you saying you wouldn't pay a tenner to join Nusc but would donate a ton if it was free membership? Doesn't make sense tbh why not pay to join and save yourself 90 sheets?

Its a belief thing, at the moment and the way nusc is going I do not think it is going to work (as you hope). The shit storm in September gave you your hard core support and now that apathy has set in, I think you will struggle to get any more.

Go down the free membership route and you will get thousands and then be able to use that membership as a tool in lots of different ways. You will also have more chance to generate funds from it similar to the way various newcastle supporters websites / magazines, sell to their captive audience.

Honestly, this is the route you want to take. If the next rally / march achieves nothing, have a word with the committee about free membership and I will happily get involved and get out there on matchdays with my clipboard signing fans up.

It will work. Not sure on what basis apart from stunted precognition you're saying it won't work.

Park Life

What im saying is that to get 10,000 or 20,000 membership that can be directed and be extremely powerful will only be achieved in the short to medium term by free membership.

NUSC was formed on the back of the keegan heartache and already has its hardcore. Apathy will prevent them being able to recruit 10,000 more by a few lines in the mirror or a march.

EG Frank Gilmours bla bla independant bla bla club. I honestly dont know if he has more members than nusc or less. If NUSC does not want to go the same way as that club, they need to forget ashley to a degree and concentrate on building a first class supporters club for the supporters by the supporters.

Free Membership will achieve this.

And in a previous life I used to control a multi million marketing and advertising budget so I would like to think I have a little insight in marketing.

What do you think the memebership of the NUM at the height of the miners strike?