Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

:nufc: Wonder if we really are being ditched?

Middlesbrough sign Adidas Kit deal

Middlesbrough Football Club today announces adidas as new kit suppliers from summer 2009.

The partnership will give adidas exclusive rights to provide all playing, training and replica kit over an initial four-year term.

The first chance Boro supporters will have to see the result of the new partnership will be the launch of an exciting new training range in June, followed by the launch of a new-look 2009-10 home kit in July.

Middlesbrough FC's Chief Operating Officer Neil Bausor said: "The club is delighted to be joining forces with a market-leading global sports brand.

"The club has a history with adidas that dates back to the 1970s. Our new, long-term agreement enables us to work with adidas again to provide the playing staff and fans alike with product ranges that blend exceptional quality, design and technology.

"We're confident the club's supporters will be delighted with the move to adidas and the new range."

Gavin Thomson, Sales Director adidas UK and Ireland said: "Everyone at adidas is very excited about our new partnership with Middlesbrough Football Club.

"Middlesbrough is a great club with a proud heritage and a loyal fan base. We look forward to a very rewarding and successful relationship for both parties.''

Our pictures show Gareth Southgate with adidas (UK) Ltd's sales development manager, Steve Holland.

All replica kit will continue to be available exclusively via the MFC Official retail stores and online.

Source: http://www.footballshirtculture.com/200903...l-kit-deal.html

33589294.png

Doesn't actually look bad that - wonder if we'll use that template for the away kit? ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

I don't really buy many football tops, too old really, but I rate the England top as the best I've ever seen, no frills, it's just perfect, so I bought it.

I dont normally buy England tops so this wont make much difference to me. I think it looks crap tbh. My first impression was that it looked like a freebee polo shirt and I still think the same.

Don't like it, badge is set too high and the general look is too "polo shirt"

Apparently the badge is set higher because on the previous shirt the stitching irritated the players nipples ;)

I'd assumed that was an April Fool.

Guest Stevie
I dont normally buy England tops so this wont make much difference to me. I think it looks crap tbh. My first impression was that it looked like a freebee polo shirt and I still think the same.

That being the case I presume you thought Brazil 1970 and England 1966 were shit too?

That being the case I presume you thought Brazil 1970 and England 1966 were shit too?

Erm, no because neither of them look like crap freebee polo shirts ;)

Apparently the badge is set higher because on the previous shirt the stitching irritated the players nipples ;)

can understand that actually, that's been the end of a couple of shirts I've owned

Apparently the badge is set higher because on the previous shirt the stitching irritated the players nipples :lol:

I'd assumed that was an April Fool.

:razz:

On the BBC Gossip page yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
They haven't announced a new sponsor yet have they?

And when they do I'd imagine they'd want their name to be a bit more prominent.

Saudi Telecom have been strongly suspected for some time. As for the size, Man United are one hell of advertising space. For the period this shirt is likely to be worn, I'd suspect a new sponsor to give a little.

Everton have gone all retro - back to their 1984/85 shirt:

everton-09-10-le-coq-sportif-football-shirt-3.jpg

FWIW, I'd love to see us follow suit and produce something along the lines of the v-neck we had from 83-87 :D

Saudi Telecom have been strongly suspected for some time. As for the size, Man United are one hell of advertising space. For the period this shirt is likely to be worn, I'd suspect a new sponsor to give a little.

They have just announced the sponsor as 3 indonesia.

That shirt must be a fake.

They have just announced the sponsor as 3 indonesia.

That shirt must be a fake.

Shirt might be a fake but I think the design is correct for the away kit. Home kit is supposed to be the inverse.

• 2 weeks later...

Umbro shirt for the mackems (I thought they just had a new one?, looks like they nicked our collar too)

sunderland-09-10-home-umbro-kit.jpg

sunderland-09-10-home-umbro-kit-2.jpg

sunderland-09-10-home-umbro-kit-3.jpg

New Walsall Admiral kits (nice to see Admiral making kits still, I have one they made for Huddersfield)

walsall-09-10-admiral-kits.jpg