Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

Adidas are a good brand for football shirts, though I'm not a fan of their other stuff, it just screams Chav to me.

Nike are poor for alot of football shirts, and the less said about another makers the better.

I can't see Adidas leaving Newcastle for a long time, not only is their UK largest Adidas shop at St James' Park (although I think Liverpool may take that title away, but obviously not the Premiership title) but they also have offices located in the stadium aswell. I'm not sure when their current deal with Newcastle ends, but we now know it has atleast 2 more years left.

By the way, I got the new shirt today, and I still prefer the old one, it's not too bad, it's more of a white shirt with black stripes, rather then the black shirt with white stripes, which always looks better.

By the way, this is my first post.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

Might be wrong be I think someone said the current deal only had a year. That being the case wouldn't stop them bringing a new strip out, I wouldn't have thought.

So much for the Boyco(u)tt btw :D

Edited by alex

Might be wrong be I think someone said the current deal only had a year. That being the case wouldn't stop them bringing a new strip out, I wouldn't have thought.

How can it be?, when the new home shirt which came out today is out for 2 years, yes the sponser Northern Rock will be replaced at the end of next season, but it will be the same shirt, maybe you are getting mixed up with Northern Rock and Adidas.

Adidas are a good brand for football shirts, though I'm not a fan of their other stuff, it just screams Chav to me.

Nike are poor for alot of football shirts, and the less said about another makers the better.

I can't see Adidas leaving Newcastle for a long time, not only is their UK largest Adidas shop at St James' Park (although I think Liverpool may take that title away, but obviously not the Premiership title) but they also have offices located in the stadium aswell. I'm not sure when their current deal with Newcastle ends, but we now know it has atleast 2 more years left.

By the way, I got the new shirt today, and I still prefer the old one, it's not too bad, it's more of a white shirt with black stripes, rather then the black shirt with white stripes, which always looks better.

By the way, this is my first post.

There's an adidas store in Liverpool City Centre (with no direct connection to the football club) which is considerably bigger than our club shop... :D

Omg, look at this from Bolton.

SHIRTSS0910.jpg

Thats pretty bad.

This is Wigan's.

ShirtReveal_Rodallega2(1).jpg

This is Arsenal's away or 3rd kit.

arsenal-09-10-away-kit-nike.jpg

This is Liverpool's away or 3rd kit.

liverpool-09-10-adidas-away-football-kit.jpg

And this is the best non Newcastle United shirt ever.

NSFW Removed

Edited by Tom

Guest alex

How can it be?, when the new home shirt which came out today is out for 2 years, yes the sponser Northern Rock will be replaced at the end of next season, but it will be the same shirt, maybe you are getting mixed up with Northern Rock and Adidas.

Maybe I am? Don't really care :o

Blackburn Away

blackburn-rovers-09-10-umbro-away-kit.jpg

"no stephen, move your legs further apart"

looks like hes been taking lessons from slash

i'm getting the young'uns shirt on sunday, might get it printed at blackburn with the red numbers :D

And how the heck are you supposed to choose a name and number for the back when we 1, don't know which league we will be in next season and consequently which players will still be here (or for that matter what numbers they will be wearing?).

I'll wait till next season to grab one.

Bought the top today like, went for name and number but the bloke said they don't even know what colour it's gonna be nevermind what writing.

EDIT: After reading the thread, obviously lying. :D

Edited by Besty

I'm waiting a while before I get it like.

It looks crap without name and number and I need to know what style we are going to have.

Plus you look a tool if you take your top back to get it printed and don't get it done when you actually buy the shirt.

I'm waiting a while before I get it like.

It looks crap without name and number and I need to know what style we are going to have.

Plus you look a tool if you take your top back to get it printed and don't get it done when you actually buy the shirt.

Why? :D

It doesn't look as bad as I first thought and black numbers on a white patch is considerably better than the other way around.

Got to be a classic name and number though - getting a current player is like the kiss of death for their contracts. Not sure who yet though...

the young'un wants 10 OWEN tried telling him he might not be here next season, he started crying FFS!!!

now decided on his name and number 10

It doesn't look as bad as I first thought and black numbers on a white patch is considerably better than the other way around.

Got to be a classic name and number though - getting a current player is like the kiss of death for their contracts. Not sure who yet though...

Pingel ?

Robert 32