The one player that will save us?

Park Life

bassong could well save us a few more points in the remainder of the season, we need to start keeping clean sheets to at least pick up single points from the chelskis and manure's still to come up here, and if we didn't have taylor sprinting up for every corner like his life depended on it then i reckon Bassong could nick a goal or two as well!

Getting ready to be shot down, i hope Alan Smith can bring something to the team, he's not one to bottle out of games and if he can start to put in displays like the one he put in against Arsenal last season (his best performance in a toon top by a mile)a bit more than i'd be happy with him in the team regularly.

If we're relying on Smith to save us, we're fucked.

exactly :nufc: sad times!

bassong could well save us a few more points in the remainder of the season, we need to start keeping clean sheets to at least pick up single points from the chelskis and manure's still to come up here, and if we didn't have taylor sprinting up for every corner like his life depended on it then i reckon Bassong could nick a goal or two as well!

Getting ready to be shot down, i hope Alan Smith can bring something to the team, he's not one to bottle out of games and if he can start to put in displays like the one he put in against Arsenal last season (his best performance in a toon top by a mile)a bit more than i'd be happy with him in the team regularly.

with a golden shower on top :nufc:

This is a team game, no one individual can save us, the lads have to work as a team to save the Toon. Some might contribute more than others, but all will have a part.

Edited by bawan

with a golden shower on top :nufc:

:lol:

I dont think there is a club in the world where ONE player can single handedly change the clubs fortunes.

Yes a striker getting 30 goals a season is a massive help but he would not get those goals without assists.

Likewise a goalkeeper keeping 20 clean sheets would be a massive aid but he isnt going to do that without a good defence.

We have to be strong, tenacious, confident and assertive to beat the drop, and i think there a few players who will be influencial, not only on the pitch but in spreading the fighting spirit, building team morale.

Granted we've missed oba and he will be a huge bonus at the weekend, but i think the likes of gutierrez, nolan, R.Taylor and Bassong are going to play massive roles in picking up points.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

And Jose!

Has been improving lately for us, and getting forward to give extra attacking width. Has played a few great balls into the box usually for Duff to then stuff up the chance. His pace is very valuable as well. He showed in the Sunderland match that he is up for a struggle and will give his all. With us having virtually no cover at left back (Ryan Taylor can play there I guess, but isn't left footed) he'll be very important.

And Jose!

Has been improving lately for us, and getting forward to give extra attacking width. Has played a few great balls into the box usually for Duff to then stuff up the chance. His pace is very valuable as well. He showed in the Sunderland match that he is up for a struggle and will give his all. With us having virtually no cover at left back (Ryan Taylor can play there I guess, but isn't left footed) he'll be very important.

I was tempted to suggest him aswell after his performace at the weekend, my only feeling with him is though, he has obviously got alot of talent, but like bramble his concentration lets him down at key moments which subsequently puts the rest of the team in the shit. If he can build on his performance against sunderland then yes i'd agree with you.

Id say colocinni too but he has been poor of late, i do think he is still adapting and will be better for us next season though thats a different matter.

Nolan, his leadership, fight and determination will steer us clear of the relegation spots.

Class when he fucking bollocked Shola for not bothering his arse to challenge for the ball at one point in the centre circle on Sunday. Been here 5 minutes and he's already sick of that useless prick.

As for relying on the eejit, we could definitely do with him back in the team, but that's a sad indictment of how far we've fallen. When I've spoken in the past about him not being good enough, I was talking about him with regards to a very different Newcastle United. Sadly, he probably is just about good enough for the one we're becoming, and the one we're going to stay as. :nufc:

As for relying on the eejit, we could definitely do with him back in the team, but that's a sad indictment of how far we've fallen. When I've spoken in the past about him not being good enough, I was talking about him with regards to a very different Newcastle United. Sadly, he probably is just about good enough for the one we're becoming, and the one we're going to stay as. :lol:

Glowing praise indeed :nufc:

Nolan, his leadership, fight and determination will steer us clear of the relegation spots.

Class when he fucking bollocked Shola for not bothering his arse to challenge for the ball at one point in the centre circle on Sunday. Been here 5 minutes and he's already sick of that useless prick.

Liked how he did the team talk in the huddle.

As for relying on the eejit, we could definitely do with him back in the team, but that's a sad indictment of how far we've fallen. When I've spoken in the past about him not being good enough, I was talking about him with regards to a very different Newcastle United. Sadly, he probably is just about good enough for the one we're becoming, and the one we're going to stay as. :lol:

Glowing praise indeed :nufc:

Poster on the wall I hear.

And Jose!

Do you dream of Enrique at night btw? Your praise for him is always way OTT. I think he had a good game against the Mackems (still let himself down a few times with his usual inability to make a five yard pass). The bit about him being up for a struggle and giving his all is, quite frankly, hilarious as well.

Nolan did all the talking when they had the huddle at the start.

Nolan did all the talking when they had the huddle at the start.

yeah it was certainly Nolan giving it the shouting and the direction at the begining