Microcosm - Makems and Dyer

Phil K

I've taken the liberty of moving the bold part of your post.  The fact that a player is injury-prone doesn't take away from the fact that you miss them when they're injured.  Do you understand this yet?  I'll knock something together on Paint if you need pictures.  :o

48662[/snapback]

Jeepers you're in a patronising mood today! :nufc:

48699[/snapback]

Sir, he started it sir! :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that, when he plays, Dyer puts in 100% and works his socks off generally for the team. You could perhaps criticise him for a lack of end product but that's a different matter. If we can get him fit though i think he can be an important player for us.

Edited by alex

I would say that, when he plays, Dyer puts in 100% and works his socks off generally for the team. You could perhaps criticise him for a lack of end product but that's a different matter. If we can get him fit though i think he can be an important player for us.

48888[/snapback]

Thats one big 'if' your talking about though. He's a crock and a shitbag to boot - fact

48888[/snapback]

Very true, when on the pitch he gives everything and brings a pace and threat we lack without him at times. Also last season before his injury he was instrumental in any good performances we had and we suffered when he was out.

He'd be a big asset to the team if he played like that again and for a good run of games and its beyond dispute that we have missed him. I hope he gets fit and stays here for a good long while.

But i can understand why people are pissed off at him practically not playing at all this season and think he should be sold. Though if you're injured you're injured, i'm not one of these people who thinks players are feigning innury or just don't care, they love playing football like we all would, so why bother missing out on games on purpose?

48888[/snapback]

Very true, when on the pitch he gives everything and brings a pace and threat we lack without him at times. Also last season before his injury he was instrumental in any good performances we had and we suffered when he was out.

He'd be a big asset to the team if he played like that again and for a good run of games and its beyond dispute that we have missed him. I hope he gets fit and stays here for a good long while.

But i can understand why people are pissed off at him practically not playing at all this season and think he should be sold. Though if you're injured you're injured, i'm not one of these people who thinks players are feigning innury or just don't care, they love playing football like we all would, so why bother missing out on games on purpose?

48964[/snapback]

I think he will be another gone in the summer. Very good player. Doubt he is faking injury. Thats just daft.

Footballers with pace tend to have bad hamstrings. It stresses it.

Could be very good for us. Would actually be ok alongside Owen or on the right away from home (Solano desnt have the best track record away from home for us or Villa)

Dpends if he gets fit...and when

Sir, he started it sir! :nufc:

48700[/snapback]

In fairness, I've noticed Sammy has that effect on people.

48701[/snapback]

Love you too DotBum.

I'm not being argumentative for the fun of it, Gemmill made a throw away line statement and told the world it was FACT.

Well as I've always known FACT means:

fact    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (fkt)

n.

Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.

Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.

A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.

Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.

A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.

Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

Idiom:

in (point of) fact

In reality or in truth; actually.

Now we know the meaning of fact, lets look lets look at the FACTS.

Dyer would bring something to the team if he was available but he isn't.

Bellamy would bring something to the team if he was available but he isn't.

Ambrose would bring something to the team if he was available but he isn't.

Hughes would bring something to the team if he was available but he isn't.

Robert would bring something to the team if he was available but he isn't.

Jenas would bring something to the team if he was available but he isn't.

Out of all of the above players, 3 players scored goals, one hit the post with a screamer, another scored an own goal (although there were two opposition players there to put it in the net anyway) but then went on to stop a sure goal to keep his team in the match and one was injured, having played only 2 games this season just before securing an 80k/week contract. FACT.

The other thing to look at is if he was available, who would you have dropped to the bench to accommodate him in the starting 11?

Do you really think he is going to be content to come off the bench?

Jesus wept, I didn't think so.

48700[/snapback]

48701[/snapback]

Love you too DotBum.

I'm not being argumentative for the fun of it, Gemmill made a throw away line statement and told the world it was FACT.

n.

Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.

Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.

Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

Idiom:

in (point of) fact

Out of all of the above players, 3 players scored goals, one hit the post with a screamer, another scored an own goal (although there were two opposition players there to put it in the net anyway) but then went on to stop a sure goal to keep his team in the match and one was injured, having played only 2 games this season just before securing an 80k/week contract. FACT.

The other thing to look at is if he was available, who would you have dropped to the bench to accommodate him in the starting 11?

49015[/snapback]

Boring tbh. And I have absolutely no idea what point you were trying to make with your bizarre comparison to players that don't play for us.

Cheers for the dictionary definition of fact though. I take it I am going to have to put something together on Paint?

48700[/snapback]

48701[/snapback]

Love you too DotBum.

n.

Idiom:

in (point of) fact

49015[/snapback]

Just another "Jesus Wept" thread tbh

We've missed Dyer while he's been out injured. FACT.

"Knowledge or information based on real occurrences"

Dyer pace and movement has had a postive impact on the team when he has played for us, despite his lack of goal contributions, was he to be in the team at the moment the evidence suggests he would have a positive effect on the team. We have, therefore, missed him.

Maybe we could also compare his contributions to the players that he might possibly have replaced?

I haven't shot you in the face with this gun before, but evidence would suggest that the likely outcome would be death.

You've also missed out on the tongue in cheek nature of 'FACT', I think. But then previous reactions to humour suggest that you have no sense of humour. FACT. :nufc:

You've also missed out on the tongue in cheek nature of 'FACT', I think.  But then previous reactions to humour suggest that you have no sense of humour.  FACT. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out dad, I'll see if I can find where I've obviously misplaced my sense of humour.

By the way humour is subjective very much like opinions and smilies.

You are wrong I do have a sense of humour, I find everything you write hilarious, FACT tbh. :icon_lol:

Edited by sammynb

You've also missed out on the tongue in cheek nature of 'FACT', I think.  But then previous reactions to humour suggest that you have no sense of humour.  FACT. :icon_lol:

Thanks for pointing that out dad, I'll see if I can find where I've obviously misplaced my sense of humour.

You are wrong I do have a sense of humour, I find everything you write hilarious, FACT tbh. :nufc:

49578[/snapback]

Though, you are that serious about everything that I think you should be given a Jorman passport for extraordinary merits in lack of humour. ;)

You've also missed out on the tongue in cheek nature of 'FACT', I think.  But then previous reactions to humour suggest that you have no sense of humour.  FACT. ;)

You are wrong I do have a sense of humour, I find everything you write hilarious, FACT tbh. :icon_lol:

49578[/snapback]

Sorry, I haven't fathered any Australian bastards that I know of. Have you tried the adoption agency?

Guest CrimsonFault

49578[/snapback]

Sorry, I haven't fathered any Australian bastards that I know of. Have you tried the adoption agency?

49650[/snapback]

Aye, they were eaten by dingo's before they got to him.

49578[/snapback]

49650[/snapback]

49664[/snapback]

I find your avatar racist.

Guest CrimsonFault
You've also missed out on the tongue in cheek nature of 'FACT', I think.  But then previous reactions to humour suggest that you have no sense of humour.  FACT. :icon_lol:

You are wrong I do have a sense of humour, I find everything you write hilarious, FACT tbh. :nufc:

49578[/snapback]

49650[/snapback]

49664[/snapback]

49668[/snapback]

And yours ;)

You've also missed out on the tongue in cheek nature of 'FACT', I think.  But then previous reactions to humour suggest that you have no sense of humour.  FACT. :nufc:

You are wrong I do have a sense of humour, I find everything you write hilarious, FACT tbh. :blush:

49578[/snapback]

49650[/snapback]

49664[/snapback]

49668[/snapback]

And yours ;)

49670[/snapback]

Wasn't aware the word "gol" meant "black bastard" tbh :icon_lol: