Could Boro go to the wall again?

Ketsbaia

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4906937,00.html

Gareth Southgate is remaining focused on the task in hand after revealing Middlesbrough are currently £85million in debt.

Boro are struggling in the Premier League, with the club second from bottom in the table and without a win since November.

Southgate has received a strong backing from chairman Steve Gibson since he took over in 2006, and the Boro chief is refusing to buckle under the growing pressure surrounding his position.

He said in The Sun: "I'm thinking about getting our team out and getting the right level of performance from them like we did here [saturday at Manchester City].

"I have a very good relationship with the chairman. Everything about the club is discussed.

"We have a debt of £85million. We know the resources we have and we know the parameters and that makes life difficult.

"We are in a different position now to the last eight or nine years. The chairman knows what he will get from me and that is every hour towards keeping this football club in the Premier League."

Surely that's a crippling amount if they go down? No Premiership TV deal money, very small crowds, a large wage bill. They could easily be the new Leeds.

Gareth Southgate is remaining focused on the task in hand after revealing Middlesbrough are currently £85million in debt.

Boro are struggling in the Premier League, with the club second from bottom in the table and without a win since November.

Southgate has received a strong backing from chairman Steve Gibson since he took over in 2006, and the Boro chief is refusing to buckle under the growing pressure surrounding his position.

He said in The Sun: "I'm thinking about getting our team out and getting the right level of performance from them like we did here [saturday at Manchester City].

"I have a very good relationship with the chairman. Everything about the club is discussed.

"We have a debt of £85million. We know the resources we have and we know the parameters and that makes life difficult.

"We are in a different position now to the last eight or nine years. The chairman knows what he will get from me and that is every hour towards keeping this football club in the Premier League."

Surely that's a crippling amount if they go down? No Premiership TV deal money, very small crowds, a large wage bill. They could easily be the new Leeds.

Except they're nowhere near as big as Leeds were.

Very few would bat an eyelid if they disappeared off the face of the earth.

For personal reasons, I hope they don't go bust as a lot of my mates support them. A relegation or two wouldn't hurt though...l

Looks bad.

Again being the operative word - a case in point for the Ashley brown tonguers who cry "administration" - not that this represents ignoring Shepherd had us in deep shit.

I'm not saying their situation is good or anything but the notion that Ashley's debt free model is the only way to go is wrong imo.

I'm sure the whole £85 mil. is owed to Gibson himself though. Not sure if there are any third party loans ect...

Same sort of situation we are in with Cashley and his £120 mil. he pumped into the club.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

No Premiership TV deal money, very small crowds, a large wage bill. They could easily be the new Leeds.

The Teesside rumour mill is suggesting Gibson's Mrs is about to take half his money off him after finding out he's been playing away with Selina Scott. Allegedly.

Fair play to Gibson like, but he's fighting a losing battle. Arguably the best owner in modern football but the fans are unable to match his level of commitment.

Totally agree with that, wish we had him :lol:

Him with Ashley's (pre-depression) money.