There's our future mapped out in black and white

Snake

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/nufc-lat...61634-22912391/

Nevertheless, although some fans have questioned Kinnear’s ability to take the club forward on the pitch, he has plenty of support in the boardroom.

Speaking before Kinnear’s heart scare, Llambias defended the decision to offer the former Republic of Ireland international a two-year contract.

That contract has still not been signed as Kinnear argued he would rather wait until the end of the season before deciding whether he wanted to make that sort of commitment.

Llambias said: “Joe has incredible experience.

“He’s got incredible vision and he’s a good man manager. We think he’s a good fit for us, he’s realistic of what he’s looking for.

“He’s what we are looking for. Whether he takes the contract, we don’t know. And if he doesn’t we’ll review the situation and we’ll go out again and find somebody else.

“Joe is a football man, he’s qualified. We have confidence in him. Joe will do a good job and he will get us out the crap we’re in.”

All over bar the shouting

“Joe is a football man, he’s qualified."

:lol:

Like they deserve a biscuit for realising the manager needs to be someone with experience in the game.

"We think he’s a good fit for us, he’s realistic of what he’s looking for."

That speaks volumes.

'We think he’s a good fit for us' = he's desperate, so he does what he's told.

That's it in a nutshell. Any serious manager will demand full control and rightly so. All we'll now attract are the has beens

Just looking at that again:

Joe will do a good job and he will get us out the crap we’re in

Did he really say that? Can anyone imagine a more simple-minded analysis?

The more Llambias says the more I think his previous reticence was down to him not wanting to reveal what a fucking divvy he is.

2 and a half years of Joe Kinnear.

Seriously, what's the point?

It's inevitable he will do a bad job and fan pressure will force him out when it looks like we are about to hit the championship.

He is in no way qualified to be the full time manager of a premier league side - especially a side that should be displaying ambition.

I think the 'plan' would be difficult to execute and to bring success even if you had an excellent team carrying it out. We've got Llambias, Dennis Wise and Joe Kinnear though.

I'm starting to think this 5 year plan is to consolidate, not spend, just stay scraping through each year and barely avoiding the drop until all debts have been paid off. Once that's done any profit can be spent on players...

... of course we all know that football doesn't work like that, it's not a normal business.

Deep down I think there's no point in following the club while Ashley's owning it, if only it was that bloody simple. :lol:

He's so good he'd been sat on his arse for four years after being sacked by two lower league teams.

How did the rest of the football world miss him? We should thank our lucky stars really. And if his is too poorly to come back, I believe Mike Walker has been collecting his dole since Everton sacked him ten years ago. Got to be worth a flutter...

I'm starting to think this 5 year plan is to consolidate, not spend, just stay scraping through each year and barely avoiding the drop until all debts have been paid off. Once that's done any profit can be spent on players...

... of course we all know that football doesn't work like that, it's not a normal business.

Deep down I think there's no point in following the club while Ashley's owning it, if only it was that bloody simple. :lol:

FYP

I'm starting to think this 5 year plan is to consolidate, not spend, just stay scraping through each year and barely avoiding the drop until all debts have been paid off.

Glad you've caught up with the rest of us :lol:

:lol:

This more or less sums up what I love about the current front office-

“He’s what we are looking for. Whether he takes the contract, we don’t know. And if he doesn’t we’ll review the situation and we’ll go out again and find somebody else.

Seems like their statements are always like that- "__fill-in-the-blank__ is exactly who we want for the job, but if he leaves/ declines, screw 'em. We'll find somebody else."

Must be great to work for an organization where a guy feels wanted like that. Lols.

On a side note, am I destined for Hell because I'm hoping Kinnear's surgery goes poorly and stays out for awhile? I'm curious to see what Chris does with the team while Joe's away.

“He’s got incredible vision and he’s a good man manager."

Ask Chuck N'Zogbia about that :lol:

Not that we can really believe either of them to be honest.

As others have said, they're basically putting Joe out there as the 'figurehead' while the important decisions are made behind the scenes.

On a side note, am I destined for Hell because I'm hoping Kinnear's surgery goes poorly and stays out for awhile? I'm curious to see what Chris does with the team while Joe's away.

You are indeed destined for hell, however Kinnear is having a triple bypass and will have to rest for ages and most people with any sense wouldn't come back to the game.

I would wish him all the best, thank him for his efforts and hope he gets well :lol:

This is what annoys the hell out of me. They congratulate themselves about their "5 year plan" but what planning do they really do? What about the most important job in the club, any "planning" going on here at all? No?

Seriously, you have a manager with a poor track record, poor health and who's refusing to sign a new contract, and you're not even thinking about who might replace him? Putting out feelers, seeing who might be suitable etc? No, let's wait till it becomes an absolute bloody crisis then see who might be interested, preferably shortly before the season kicks off. It's seriously cack, we should have had some idea of contingency already and now in the light of his health problems we should be planning to replace Kinnear sooner rather than later and no later than the end of the season. Instead we'd rather put the car in neutral and let it freewheel down the hill, taking our hands off the wheel at the same time and shouting "Wheeeeeeeeee!"

Incidentally it's obvious to me that this "plan" is the review that Chris Mort did originally with a view to stabilising the club financially based on very limited spending. It's now sitting in a drawer until the next transfer window when Llambias can get it out again like that travel agent character from Little Britain:

NUFC Manager "Please can I have 20m to spend on the players we need for the squad"

Llambias "Let's see what The Plan says, shall we?"

*Takes Mort's report out of drawer, runs finger down pages *

"Let's see now. 2009, 2009,2009. Here we are! Oh dear. Plan says No."

* Manager exits *