Are you religious?

Guest Stevie

What religion are you?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CoE for me. I pray everynight and day, I try to get to church as much as I can.

I beleive there is good and bad in all walks of life and I have very many friends in many different religions.

Does your lass get on her knees n'all?

That's what he's praying for.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I despise the reality that the vast majority of people are indoctrinated through birth into their parents' versions of bollocks.

Boils my piss to see those huge families of orthodox Jews with all those little kids alienated into their own obscure culture with little chance to make up their own minds about life.

Religion should not be allowed till your 21, no 30, fuck it. 45.

It is all human adolescence imo. Spirituality good, religion bad.

Mennonites do that when they are 18....you either choose to believe or not, if it's the latter then you get ostricised by the church....and I'm not sure which branch (there are the dancing and non-dancing mennonites) that is for though

I despise the reality that the vast majority of people are indoctrinated through birth into their parents' versions of bollocks.

Boils my piss to see those huge families of orthodox Jews with all those little kids alienated into their own obscure culture with little chance to make up their own minds about life.

Mennonites do that when they are 18....you either choose to believe or not, if it's the latter then you get ostricised by the church....and I'm not sure which branch (there are the dancing and non-dancing mennonites) that is for though

Oooh, I quite fancy the idea of being a dancing mennonite. (whatever the fuck a 'mennonite' is.) :lol:

In the UK Muslims are the group most likely to object to marriage/relationship outside of religion. (70% would object compared to less than 30% in the general population)

Which just goes to show that religion is the new racism.

In the UK Muslims are the group most likely to object to marriage/relationship outside of religion. (70% would object compared to less than 30% in the general population)

Nothing new about it. Religious prejudice that is.

Nothing new about it. Religious prejudice that is.

Aye, it's the new old racism perhaps (the catholic/protestant genocides didn't really have much of a racial angle after all), but either way a few years ago in the UK race was the major divisive issue, these days it's religion.

It's the old new racism :lol: I agree about what has come to the fore though. I reckon the blacks are ok now.

:lol:

So is Islam the new black then!

For the thread itself i am and always have been an atheist, just seemed the only intelligent option to me. My parents did what i think all good parents should and left the decision completely up to me, were willing to answer any questions i had on the subject and provide any books or anything if i wanted but never forced any of their beliefs or views on me and were happy with whatever i decided upon.

It's the old new racism :lol: I agree about what has come to the fore though. I reckon the blacks are ok now.

For the thread itself i am and always have been an atheist, just seemed the only intelligent option to me. My parents did what i think all good parents should and left the decision completely up to me, were willing to answer any questions i had on the subject and provide any books or anything if i wanted but never forced any of their beliefs or views on me and were happy with whatever i decided upon.

Is utter bollocks tbf. Its a decision I mulled over for some time. I had an arguement in my head for getting him christened and for letting him decide himself. Fact is, you can change your religion. So thye can do what they want when older anyway. Just like on here with many christened but not practicing.

Religious or not, christened or not, its how your parents parent that makes them good at it, fuck all to do with getting kids christened or not. I think most parents would say that they would leave the choice up to their kids when they are old enough to make an informed choice. That applies to those christened (to any religion) and those not christened at all. I certainly wouldnt label either "the only intelligent choice". Its very much a personal decision to each family.

I am though againt people getting kids christened for the sake of a piss up and a few sausage rolls.

Is utter bollocks tbf. Its a decision I mulled over for some time. I had an arguement in my head for getting him christened and for letting him decide himself. Fact is, you can change your religion. So thye can do what they want when older anyway. Just like on here with many christened but not practicing.

Religious or not, christened or not, its how your parents parent that makes them good at it, fuck all to do with getting kids christened or not. I think most parents would say that they would leave the choice up to their kids when they are old enough to make an informed choice. That applies to those christened (to any religion) and those not christened at all. I certainly wouldnt label either "the only intelligent choice". Its very much a personal decision to each family.

I am though againt people getting kids christened for the sake of a piss up and a few sausage rolls.

I did say seemed the only intelligent option to me, i do know intelligent people who are religious, they're not mutually exclusive!

I agree, how parents parent will dictate how good a person the child is, religious or not, i wasn't saying otherwise, just don't agree with parents forcing their religious beliefs on very young kids as whilst they can change later it isn't giving them a fair choice when really young, as they will take what their parents say as fact, why wouldn't you!

And i was actually christened, it just seemed the done thing then even if you were'nt religious at all, just a chance ofr friends and family to get together and celebrate the new birth i guess and tradition. But from then my parents left everything to me in terms of religion.