NUSC Suggestion Thread

Christmas Tree

CT, my views on NUSC are very positive and I will probably become a member in the near future. However, I agree with you on the point about the Graham Roberts pension plan, which seems very shifty to me. I'm with the disagreement of continuing on with protests, it just seems utterly pointless at the minute as the team are currently doing well and we need to focus on them and not Ashley, and perhaps taking a back seat was the right choice.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT, my views on NUSC are very positive and I will probably become a member in the near future. However, I agree with you on the point about the Graham Roberts pension plan, which seems very shifty to me. I'm with the disagreement of continuing on with protests, it just seems utterly pointless at the minute as the team are currently doing well and we need to focus on them and not Ashley, and perhaps taking a back seat was the right choice.

I think something that hasnt been made very clear is that this no longer involves Roberts or Speedie, Roberts especially made the whole thing smack of a dodgy dealing. Since those days its been improved, amended and fully checked out by qualified Financial Advisors.

I think something that hasnt been made very clear is that this no longer involves Roberts or Speedie, Roberts especially made the whole thing smack of a dodgy dealing. Since those days its been improved, amended and fully checked out by qualified Financial Advisors.

Sorry Pud, didn't mean any harm about it, since the story about Roberts and his fans consortium being interested in the club I've always thought it was a dodgy proposition.

Misinformed.

that's a fair opinion.

However we always seem to be making excuses why it's never the right time to protest.

Last October wasn't right because we needed to back joe

December wast any good because mike was going to be a good owner

then we had not to upset the lads as we fought relegation

the we had al-together now

now we don't want protest while we are doing ok in the league.

So the question is Chrissy, are we saying that we should never protest?

that's a fair opinion.

However we always seem to be making excuses why it's never the right time to protest.

Last October wasn't right because we needed to back joe

December wast any good because mike was going to be a good owner

then we had not to upset the lads as we fought relegation

the we had al-together now

now we don't want protest while we are doing ok in the league.

So the question is Chrissy, are we saying that we should never protest?

It would just seem terribly random, why protest now? What was different to protesting last month? Were going to have to put up with the shit at the end of day and protesting like the Hull game (last season) just seemingly gained bad publicity for the fans, although some benefit of Ashley supposedly putting the club on the market, which I don't believe. October was probably when a protest should have occured especially after the unbelievable managerial appointment of JFK. December wasn't a bad month to begin with, I'm sure we where a few points from a Uefa Europa place until the terrible game on Boxing Day at Wigan and the onslaught at home a few days later from Liverpool. The 'Altogether' campaign was when the manager we wanted came in, so protesting then would be irrelevant. I'm not saying don't protest at all, a good opportunity could have been the Bristol City game in which a few days earlier Keegan won his dismissal case and the disgusting truth was revealed, it would have been something to shout about.

Edited by ChriszyD

Sorry Pud, didn't mean any harm about it, since the story about Roberts and his fans consortium being interested in the club I've always thought it was a dodgy proposition.

Misinformed.

It wasnt aimed at you or anyone outside the committee, we ourselves havent made it clear to people that this isnt the original proposition or all of the original people involved. Certain individuals were anything but a good advert for it. To be clear though, the product is the same along with a few tweaks and some additional options for purchasing a stake.