NUSC Suggestion Thread

Christmas Tree

Would be interested to hear/see a full transcript of what went down. Was it intended as an arena to raise issues, to suggest ideas/solutions/actions, or both?

The committee said a few things which they'd already voiced, (and to be fair, nobody really disagrees with), however, the membership also put across the view that the nusc should maybe become a little more militant and use the contacts in the media we've gained, I think the issue became clouded with the lads on the committee getting a little defensive, (understandably) and misreading the intentions of the majority of the criticism, basically, from my point of view, everybody is fighting for the same cause, there was just a bit of healthy debate about the direction we are/should be taking.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interested to hear/see a full transcript of what went down. Was it intended as an arena to raise issues, to suggest ideas/solutions/actions, or both?

The committee said a few things which they'd already voiced, (and to be fair, nobody really disagrees with), however, the membership also put across the view that the nusc should maybe become a little more militant and use the contacts in the media we've gained, I think the issue became clouded with the lads on the committee getting a little defensive, (understandably) and misreading the intentions of the majority of the criticism, basically, from my point of view, everybody is fighting for the same cause, there was just a bit of healthy debate about the direction we are/should be taking.

And that my friend is exactly how I would have put it.

There was no mass arguments, the NUSC is not "dead in the water" and if you want proof of that you just need to ask the main person putting the alternative argument across tonight, Michael Martin.

Michael was arguing the corner for protest and doing it well, to be fair the whole thing sort of took the lads on the top table by surprise and thats where you had a sort of "rabbit in the headlights" period. This meant it was difficult for them to group their thoughts and it came across (in my view) as a little frayed.

Ask Michael tomorrow if he thinks the NUSC is needed and is a valid organisation and I have no doubt he will state 100% yes.

For the record though we are not saying we should "say nowt", what was made clear is that theres a lot more going on at this precise moment than most of us (myself included) realise, a lot of stuff involving the NUSC and people working to get this club sold and away from Ashley once and for all. What was being said is that we must look at the bigger picture, yes we all hate the fat lad but at the same time we need to be careful in the short term as to how the NUSC is perceived and who it pisses off especially if the protests are not going to gain any viable results. Thats the main problem, as much as many people would like to protest, Ashley has already shown that he doesnt care what we say or do therefore all we could end up doing is giving more fuel to the press and getting this football club into the headlines for all the wrong reasons again with no gain as far as Fat Ash is concerned.

The fact there was a relatively small meeting compared to the original one shows to many that the calls for protest are not as big as thought otherwise I would have expected 250 hostile members in there calling for blood. There wasnt anything like that and (based on the general feeling and the fact 70-80% of those there didnt speak) I would say that it was a fairly even split for and against. I could be wrong but thats the feeling I get.

For the record these are my views on the thing.

1. I agree with Michael Martin, not on the protesting itself but that its for the members to decide whether we lead protests or not, its not my decision or even the chairmans decision but the members. What has to be done though is for both sides of the argument to be put to them equally and fully to allow a proper decision because word the question even slightly ambiguously and you'll get a problem and once we commit to a decision then there can be no turning back, we stick with it for an agreed period of time and all support the decision.

2. IF the decision is made for the NUSC to co-ordinate any protests then it has to be with the full backing of all fanzines, all websites and as many individuals as possible otherwise it will not work and the only people to come out of it badly will be the NUSC, that would then jeopardise the other "things" that are going on and potentially put this football club back another couple of steps.

3. Personally, I dont think protesting will work but if we do go down the route then we need to be clever about it, we need to hit him hard and where it hurts. Theres other threads on here which talk about it and I havent got a clue who proposed it but they were spot on, we hit Sports Direct and anyone else associated with Ashley business wise. Standing outside the ground with banners will merely give SSN something to focus on, bringing the charvers out with their bedsheets. Hit the shops, hit them hard and make sure he loses money and credibility. Get the support and backing of other football clubs fans, Liverpool, Man U etc are all looking to protest at times in the future, they scratch our backs, we'll back them when the time comes.

So finally, with the benefit of what I've been told I would say that protesting now is not something that is within the NUSC and more importantly NUFC's interests, thats not saying we should kiss fat bastards arse, its merely that providing a show of banners, boycotts and marches will not in my own opinion sway fatty at all, if anything I think he'll dig his heels in further and if these are led by the NUSC then when/if the time comes for certain things to move forward we could be in a much worse bargaining position.

So finally, with the benefit of what I've been told I would say that protesting now is not something that is within the NUSC and more importantly NUFC's interests, thats not saying we should kiss fat bastards arse, its merely that providing a show of banners, boycotts and marches will not in my own opinion sway fatty at all, if anything I think he'll dig his heels in further and if these are led by the NUSC then when/if the time comes for certain things to move forward we could be in a much worse bargaining position.

Yep. Last time there was protests they just dug themselves in and effectively did nothing. That's the last thing we need at the moment.

I agree with you PP. Until it's entirely clear where Ashley is going with the sale, it's pointless protesting and could even be potentially counter-productive. Also it seems to me a comprehensive picket of his SD shops is going to be much more effective than a few charvas chanting outside SJP with the rest of the country pointing their finger and laughing at them.

However I suppose if people want to protest that's up to them, it's still a free country so I'm told.

Protesting Now is not something in the interests of the protest group that was born out of protest.

The protests took the committee by surprise.

No "personal" offence pp but this is exactly what happens when democracy gets trampled on egos take over.

Small meeting shows small desire for protest. Small meeting didn't mean there was a lack of desire for moving to a supporters trust.

Then we have " but you don't realise what's going on argument". It appears to me that the committe are too busy travelling the north east flogging a dead horse that they don't realise what's going on with their members.

And what the hell is the statement it's got to be with the backing of the fanzines / websites. Rubbish the committee should act on the backing of the members whether this leads to bad pr or good pr or a slagging off on some message boards.

In my conclusion nusc has wasted a year following a pipe dream when they should have been building on momentum and creating a great supporters club for Newcastle. They have postponed democratic elections. and stalled on calls for forum for members to discuss issues.

Last night should have been a night for strong leadership not surrender.

While the record book might show 2000 members, like me I would guess 1800 of those are fed up with the whole thing.

carry on as is , i dont want to see any change in their approach , its about time fans confronted the regime head on .

boycotts are the only way to force the issue but 'fans' never see the bigger picture and insist on going regardless out of misguided loyalty which is ultimately helping the current.

To those whingers who are still paying their hard earned cash to Ashley, take a good look in the mirror ffs.

carry on as is , i dont want to see any change in their approach , its about time fans confronted the regime head on .

boycotts are the only way to force the issue but 'fans' never see the bigger picture and insist on going regardless out of misguided loyalty which is ultimately helping the current.

To those whingers who are still paying their hard earned cash to Ashley, take a good look in the mirror ffs.

Well theres already a certain number of season ticket sold, and theres going to be around 10, 15k sold in general sale. So to reduce it to only season ticket holders attending something needs to be organised properly.

3. Personally, I dont think protesting will work but if we do go down the route then we need to be clever about it, we need to hit him hard and where it hurts. Theres other threads on here which talk about it and I havent got a clue who proposed it but they were spot on, we hit Sports Direct and anyone else associated with Ashley business wise. Standing outside the ground with banners will merely give SSN something to focus on, bringing the charvers out with their bedsheets. Hit the shops, hit them hard and make sure he loses money and credibility. Get the support and backing of other football clubs fans, Liverpool, Man U etc are all looking to protest at times in the future, they scratch our backs, we'll back them when the time comes.

Wouldnt standing outside/wherever with a massive JD SPORTS banner work, in terms of giving them free publicity via SSN/papers, and pissing Ashley off in the process?

Edited by timnufc

There are many different ways to protest. Its doubtful that a match boycott will happen and its a waste of time imo standing outside of sports direct in gateshead and newcastle.

Fathers direct have shown that there are other ways to get lots of publicity. A bit of organisation is whats needed (nusc?)

Better than a picket line outside his shop, try his head office. etc etc

There are many different ways to protest. Its doubtful that a match boycott will happen and its a waste of time imo standing outside of sports direct in gateshead and newcastle.

Fathers direct have shown that there are other ways to get lots of publicity. A bit of organisation is whats needed (nusc?)

Fathers for Justice or whatever come across as right wankers though. And there's more to this than just getting pubclicity. We've got loads of that. Hit the cunt in the pocket. What will picketing his head office do? It's probably a warehouse in Herts or something anyway.

Fathers for Justice or whatever come across as right wankers though. And there's more to this than just getting pubclicity. We've got loads of that. Hit the cunt in the pocket. What will picketing his head office do? It's probably a warehouse in Herts or something anyway.

Problem is he wont get hit in the pocket. Even last year when Keegan went there were still plenty of people queueing up for pies and drinks inside the ground.

With the takeover hanging by a thread, I now hope he gets shit loads of verbals today just in case it helps make his mind up to sell.

Some form of drastic action needs to be organised.

Problem is he wont get hit in the pocket. Even last year when Keegan went there were still plenty of people queueing up for pies and drinks inside the ground.

With the takeover hanging by a thread, I now hope he gets shit loads of verbals today just in case it helps make his mind up to sell.

He will get hit in the pocket if people boycott Sports Direct.

• 1 month later...

Just to remind NUSC members the forum is now open and there is some good discussions ongoing about protests or lack of them and the change in direction taken by the interim committee.

In particular there has just being one excellent post (unfair to copy and paste from a members only forum to a public forum, before anyone asks.)

Anyone who is a member, pop in. :D

The "committee" say to "say nowt" ? FUCK THE FUCKIN COMMITTEE FUCK EM ALL , WE BURY THOSE COCKAROACHES ! FUCK Mark Jensen and his fuckin MAG too with their "get behind the lads bullshit " ....aint gonna be any lads left at this rate you FUCKIN MUPPETS! GET TO FUCK THE LOT OF YOU , AND PISS OFF OUT OF MY SIGHT ...... WE GOIN TO WAR , WE GONNA EAT THAT ASHLEY FO BREAKFAST .....

"Say hello to my leetle freeend".... :D

He will get hit in the pocket if people boycott Sports Direct.

Boucoutt all fuckin shops!!11111 :D

How long are the interim committee going to be 'interim'?

Isn't it about time we had an election?

As long as they can get away with it. :D

Or you could just give the answer you got when you asked the question of the commitee which I don't seem to remember you making such a comment in reply to.

How long are the interim committee going to be 'interim'?

Isn't it about time we had an election?

As long as they can get away with it. :D

Or you could just give the answer you got when you asked the question of the commitee which I don't seem to remember you making such a comment in reply to.

Calm down, :D calm down........Just having a laugh.

As you know I have done as you instructed :D and gone over there to post. However at the moment it feels a bit like me and another lad vs The Committee.

And too be fair Pud I have had a reply from Two committee members. One says this year another says next year. Apparrently a meeting MAY take place next week where elections MAY be discussed. :D