NUSC Suggestion Thread

Christmas Tree

I'll go find you the answer but i have to say I'm not comfortable with what you're implying here at all.

If you think there's something amiss then I'd recommend taking it straight to therelevant authorities so we can ensure the truth gets properly reported back.

Personally I think you have your knickers in a twist. Apart from one jokey comment I have simply asked one very basic question. Other people have chosen to discuss the ins and outs of it.

I have implied nothing.

My views that I think NUST have become obsessed with this pension / buy the club campaign are clear. I am also dissapointed that more is not being done to encourage Ashley to leave.

It seems to me therefore straightforward to as how many of the 2000 plus voted to go down this road. If it was 1001 then that is fine. If it was based on a show of 50 hands at a roadshow then that's a different matter.

You are quite aware that others are raisining similar concerns.

It would be a shame for the interim committee to ignore these issue as they may end up with a very poor response when renewal fees are requested.

The committee arent ignoring anything, I told you 4 pages back. If you want something answering then do it in the correct place. As it is, I'll give you the answer here.

Seems I was a tad out when I said 99.8% earlier on, being optimistic I was.

The result of the poll was:

325 votes for

7 votes against

which gives a majority of 97.89%

Im sure you'll agree CT that a vote as important as that is one in which everyone should vote, every single member should be having a view and saying their bit otherwise they really cant shout later on if they decide they're not so keen on that idea now can they?

How did you vote again?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all this goes to show is that some people like to criticise for the sake of it. It's actually quite a British trait that the minute somebody tries to do something a bit different, a legion of petty minded individuals come out of the woodwork and try to fillibuster it to death because some aspect of it doesn't chime with their mindset.

imo you will never ever do something that 100% of all supporters agree with. Just get on with it is what I say and see where it ends. If I don't take part, or put my money and my vote in, I can hardly complain about the direction this goes in, can I?

Quite simply the biggest load of tosh I've yet to see from your keyboard tbh.

I'd tell you the same thing but I'd have to keep repeating it every time you posted. You want to have a word after some of the absolute shite you've spewed out in this thread. You evade every direct question, shrink back when called out on one of your fairly blatant implications, and in general look like the sort of bloke who'll make a snide comment and a nasty remark but can't stand behind the convictions of his beliefs.

If you think the Interim Committee are some sort of junta taking NUSC/NUST in a direction you don't want it to go and that you don't think the rest of your fellow members want it to go, then out with it. But FFS don't fanny about like this.

Bla bla bla bla bla

See this is what happens when you you just type like a little internet warrior without actually reading other peoples posts.

I've already made my views on the direction NUST is going quite plain both here and on the NUST forum.

Having started this thread, ive also made many a suggestion over several months to try and help improve the organisation I am a member of.

Have you? Are you?

Next time you want to have a rant, put a bit of meat on the bones rather than a girly tantrum.

I think all this goes to show is that some people like to criticise for the sake of it. It's actually quite a British trait that the minute somebody tries to do something a bit different, a legion of petty minded individuals come out of the woodwork and try to fillibuster it to death because some aspect of it doesn't chime with their mindset.

imo you will never ever do something that 100% of all supporters agree with. Just get on with it is what I say and see where it ends. If I don't take part, or put my money and my vote in, I can hardly complain about the direction this goes in, can I?

B) Well I wasn't planning to personalise this. But really, you haven't said a lot in God knows how many posts, and it comes across as petty minded sniping imo. If you got some charge of substance to levy against NUSC, you should come out with it, or cut the crap :D

I only re-opened this thread to direct members over to the forum where I assure you this subject is being discussed (a tad more grown up than on here).

It is peoples re-action to my very simple question that has produced a few pages of waffle.

I'll go find you the answer but i have to say I'm not comfortable with what you're implying here at all.

If you think there's something amiss then I'd recommend taking it straight to therelevant authorities so we can ensure the truth gets properly reported back.

Personally I think you have your knickers in a twist. Apart from one jokey comment I have simply asked one very basic question. Other people have chosen to discuss the ins and outs of it.

I have implied nothing.

My views that I think NUST have become obsessed with this pension / buy the club campaign are clear. I am also dissapointed that more is not being done to encourage Ashley to leave.

It seems to me therefore straightforward to as how many of the 2000 plus voted to go down this road. If it was 1001 then that is fine. If it was based on a show of 50 hands at a roadshow then that's a different matter.

It would be a shame for the interim committee to ignore these issue as they may end up with a very poor response when renewal fees are requested.

The committee arent ignoring anything, I told you 4 pages back. If you want something answering then do it in the correct place. As it is, I'll give you the answer here.

325 votes for

7 votes against

Im sure you'll agree CT that a vote as important as that is one in which everyone should vote, every single member should be having a view and saying their bit otherwise they really cant shout later on if they decide they're not so keen on that idea now can they?

How did you vote again?

I think you know very well I asked this question on the NUST forum several days ago and have not had an answer their.

Thank you for getting it.

What it now tells me is that less than 16% of the membership voted to change to a trust.

And before you start I agree that voter turn out / apathy is not your fault. If 2000 plus people were contacted and only 332 replied then thats nobodys fault.

It does however also leave (1700 plus) a massive majority of NUST members out there whose thoughts a year down the road have not being heard.

Unlike some who couldnt give a shit and havent put their money where the mouth is, I have joined up and am interested in NUST.

Just like a lot of labour voters didnt agree with the direction of new labour under Blair, I am quite entitled not to agree with the current direction of NUST and raise those objections.

I have long since championed NUSC becoming a proper supporters club (shocking we dont have one)

I would also like to see the pressure kept up on the Ashley / LLambias

I think the interim committee has become obsessed with this pension / buy the club idea and has dedicated far more time to that than they have to protesting against Ashley.

Their is very much an air of we dont what to rock the boat or big business wont get involved with the pension idea. The problem is while NUST is obsessed with pleasing big business, I feel that a lot of the 2000 will dwindle away which will be a big shame and an opportunity lost.

I have implied nothing.

325 votes for

7 votes against

How did you vote again?

I think the interim committee has become obsessed with this pension / buy the club idea and has dedicated far more time to that than they have to protesting against Ashley.

Their is very much an air of we dont what to rock the boat or big business wont get involved with the pension idea. The problem is while NUST is obsessed with pleasing big business, I feel that a lot of the 2000 will dwindle away which will be a big shame and an opportunity lost.

You're wrong IMO. NUSC got a ridiculous amount of shite for their perceived involvement in various protests that went on last season so they opted to take a back seat, support the club and as you suggested at the start of this thread focus on building a reputable platform via the local media. Now some people aren't happy they're not out their on the streets screaming for Ashley's head. They're not going to be able to please everyone IMO. I'm very keen on the direction being taken as it's fantastic to see the trust conduct itself with a modicum of dignity while our fat cunt of an owner is continuing his classless tenure. For me it doesn't seem to be about keeping business on side (it's not as if Ashley's ownership is a divisive issue amongst Newcastle fans), it's about keeping the group in the press for the right reasons both locally and nationally. I also don't have a clue where you're getting the idea this change in tact is upsetting members and potential joinees either because apart from yourself, who seems to have spent a tenner simply to add weight to your whinges, this is probably the most satisfied I have seen our fans with NUST. Of course there are going to be naysayers but they're much less love 'em, hate 'em than they were 6 months ago.

The trust vote is a complete non-issue for me personally. The group has never hid their desire to become a trust and it wasn't done in a cloak and dagger manner. The benefits are there for all to see and all it seems to have done really is put back elections which, again IMO, would've been held far too early to actually make a major difference to the make up of the committee. No one has really done or said anything to make me think they're the wrong/right person to lead NUST so they'd have been nothing more than a gesture which would've put the breaks on any progress being made while they were conducted.

I have no problem with your opinion and agree with some of it. However when you are a member of a democratic organisation you have the right to agree with some bits and not others.

When you say they were getting a rediculous amount of shite last year when they were protesting, you must also remember that it was those protest that lead to a 2000 plus membership.

As you know I have argued for it to move on from a simple protest group to a proper supporters club.

You seem to ignore all this and avoid any constructive argument as to where we are and where we should be going.

Let's call the bed sheet protests the far left and the pension yes we can campaign the far right.

I would like to see us inbetween centre and far right.

It's a very simple position to understand and those of you who say there should be no debate, no criticism, in my view, do more harm than good. With that attitude when renewal letters go out there will be very few takers.

Imagine toontastic with no debate, no arguments.... It would shrivel and die.

The more people who give their opinion and help mould Nust the better.

Were you given the opportunity to vote on the change in status? Because that's all each individual member needs to worry about. If you were and didn't you can't say anything. If you weren't, then it's an issue, but it's only a major issue if you opposed the change. If you voted yes, I fail to see what you're on about. Which, if any, of these categories do you fall into CT?

Seriously i cant remember, however i feel at the time we were being asked to change from Ray Stubbs to Steve Ryder and someone we've ended up with David Ike.

Its still not the end of the world making the actual figures public.

If you can't even remember I fail to see how you can kick up a fuss about how it was done. You obviously didn't care enough about it at the time.

seems like no-one at nusc / nust can remember how many voted yes either.

Which doesn't alter what I said, does it? Are you for or against it being a supporters trust btw?

Thought I may aswell put this here;

But are the Newcastle United Independant Supporters Association and the NUST/NUSC the same project/group?

And how could I contact them (both)?

Or would it be easier to PM peaspud?

I have no problem with your opinion and agree with some of it. However when you are a member of a democratic organisation you have the right to agree with some bits and not others.

When you say they were getting a rediculous amount of shite last year when they were protesting, you must also remember that it was those protest that lead to a 2000 plus membership.

Totally and utterly wrong though.

At the point where we realised protests were not doing any good we had around 250 - 300 members.

Since then we've increased that ten fold.

90% of our members are since the days of protest. That doesnt mean that 90% of the members dont want protest or for that matter that 10% do, it does however show that when you quote these "most of the members joined to protest" then its an incorrect quote.

Thought I may aswell put this here;

But are the Newcastle United Independant Supporters Association and the NUST/NUSC the same project/group?

And how could I contact them (both)?

Or would it be easier to PM peaspud?

The NUISA does not exist anymore and hasnt done for a while however a number of news agencies had Franks number and contacted him regularly for thoughts etc, Im sure Frank wont mind me pointing out that hes a supporter and member of the Trust. Theres a number of ways to contact the Trust, either unofficially via the likes of a PM to me or Tom-NUFC on here or via the website or email addresses that can be found there.

Totally and utterly wrong though.

At the point where we realised protests were not doing any good we had around 250 - 300 members.

Since then we've increased that ten fold.

90% of our members are since the days of protest. That doesnt mean that 90% of the members dont want protest or for that matter that 10% do, it does however show that when you quote these "most of the members joined to protest" then its an incorrect quote.

Well lots not split hairs but my membership number is in the 800's and there was still organised protest going on after that. I even attended one at the monument.

Nobody is calling for a return to the bed sheet brigade but currently no protests of any sort seem to be taking place. Even one of Nust leaders on the forum talks about returning to protests if it becomes apparent Ashley is not selling!!!

Well unless I'm mistaken, most on here think he's not selling.

Alex, I have no problem with the trust as run at other clubs. The problem I have is this fixation with the Graham Roberts pension idea that seems to have consumed everything else the old Nusc was about.

I think if you look back at the initial talk about going to a trust, it was a useful thing to do and a good aim to have but now it seems to have turned into a monster.

I would have been just as happy with a great supporters club that looked after fans issues but could also take the club to task.

I'd tell you the same thing but I'd have to keep repeating it every time you posted. You want to have a word after some of the absolute shite you've spewed out in this thread. You evade every direct question, shrink back when called out on one of your fairly blatant implications, and in general look like the sort of bloke who'll make a snide comment and a nasty remark but can't stand behind the convictions of his beliefs.

If you think the Interim Committee are some sort of junta taking NUSC/NUST in a direction you don't want it to go and that you don't think the rest of your fellow members want it to go, then out with it. But FFS don't fanny about like this.

Bla bla bla bla bla

See this is what happens when you you just type like a little internet warrior without actually reading other peoples posts.

I've already made my views on the direction NUST is going quite plain both here and on the NUST forum.

Having started this thread, ive also made many a suggestion over several months to try and help improve the organisation I am a member of.

Have you? Are you?

Next time you want to have a rant, put a bit of meat on the bones rather than a girly tantrum.

It often seems like your raison d'etre on this board is to criticise the NUSC and you do a terrible, nasty-minded job of it, so I don't believe a word of what you say about how you "try to help improve the organisation you am a member of." More like, try to help it resemble what you think it should look like, which you know is unrealistic and not going to happen, so you instead resort to implications and "simple questions" which you've had the answer to and it wasn't what you were looking for. Did you really believe that the interim committee were little despots who were going to forcibly drag their membership along with them into Trust-ship against their will?

You're not happy with the 'fixation' on becoming a Trust? Which way did you vote again? Fascinating how you keep ignoring that question. No doubt you either voted for, or you didn't vote, and either way you've got no right to complain now.

As you know I have argued for it to move on from a simple protest group to a proper supporters club.

You seem to ignore all this and avoid any constructive argument as to where we are and where we should be going.

Let's call the bed sheet protests the far left and the pension yes we can campaign the far right.

It's a very simple position to understand and those of you who say there should be no debate, no criticism, in my view, do more harm than good. With that attitude when renewal letters go out there will be very few takers.

I, and I assume many others, signed up to NUST not because of the protests (which they didn't organise. The 'protest' at the Monument was a meeting to drum up support before the match) but because I thought it was a good idea in general.

I have no problem with either protesting or the current route they're taking but some people do. If NUST actively endorse a batch of protests hundreds of wailing spastics are going to tut and accuse them of scaring off potential buyers.

I've also never said that there shouldn't be debate, I welcome it but I can't debate with a contrary fucker such as yourself. I'm hugely confused as to what point you're trying to make. You seem to flit from pissy issue to pissy issue (the "why don't NUSC by a pub" whinge, anyone?) and then act all indignant when people don't take it seriously throwing in the odd word like 'democracy'.

Bla bla bla bla bla

Have you? Are you?

It often seems like your raison d'etre on this board is to criticise the NUSC and you do a terrible, nasty-minded job of it, so I don't believe a word of what you say about how you "try to help improve the organisation you am a member of." More like, try to help it resemble what you think it should look like, which you know is unrealistic and not going to happen, so you instead resort to implications and "simple questions" which you've had the answer to and it wasn't what you were looking for. Did you really believe that the interim committee were little despots who were going to forcibly drag their membership along with them into Trust-ship against their will?

You're not happy with the 'fixation' on becoming a Trust? Which way did you vote again? Fascinating how you keep ignoring that question. No doubt you either voted for, or you didn't vote, and either way you've got no right to complain now.

More Blah Blah Blah.....

7 months ago I started this suggestion thread.....Have you suggested ANYTHING yet :D

I, and I assume many others, signed up to NUST not because of the protests (which they didn't organise. The 'protest' at the Monument was a meeting to drum up support before the match) but because I thought it was a good idea in general.

I have no problem with either protesting or the current route they're taking but some people do. If NUST actively endorse a batch of protests hundreds of wailing spastics are going to tut and accuse them of scaring off potential buyers.

I've also never said that there shouldn't be debate, I welcome it but I can't debate with a contrary fucker such as yourself. I'm hugely confused as to what point you're trying to make. You seem to flit from pissy issue to pissy issue (the "why don't NUSC by a pub" whinge, anyone?) and then act all indignant when people don't take it seriously throwing in the odd word like 'democracy'.

Well dont :D

Out of interest CT, which way did you vote?

You didn't then?

tbh Im not sure. Peaspud may know better how it was done whether it was by email or a meeting.

The fact that so few voted makes me doubt it was an email, but pud will no better.

It also wasn't a great issue at the time as I think most people at the time thought club ownership was a misty eyed dream as it is elsewhere in top uk clubs.

Bearing in mind it's only severa weeks since Graham Roberts first arrived on the scene touting this pension plan , I do think Nust has jump on board this one issue very quickly.

In a week where keegan was cleared and the regime was once again found to be lying I would have liked to have seen the leaders of nusc lining up and reciting happy faces scroll of shame rather than this yes you can campaign and 20 million worth of "pledges".

Did the committe have a vote to go down this pension road, is there one person pushing it or was it unamimous?

I don't really see the big deal with a bit of openess and debate.

The vote was via email, an email was issued to all members with a link to give their answer.

I cant remember the exact numbers but we had way less than 2000 members at the time of the vote, a lot of members have come on board since then.

Out of interest CT, which way did you vote?

You didn't then?

tbh Im not sure. Peaspud may know better how it was done whether it was by email or a meeting.

The fact that so few voted makes me doubt it was an email, but pud will no better.

It also wasn't a great issue at the time as I think most people at the time thought club ownership was a misty eyed dream as it is elsewhere in top uk clubs.

Bearing in mind it's only severa weeks since Graham Roberts first arrived on the scene touting this pension plan , I do think Nust has jump on board this one issue very quickly.

In a week where keegan was cleared and the regime was once again found to be lying I would have liked to have seen the leaders of nusc lining up and reciting happy faces scroll of shame rather than this yes you can campaign and 20 million worth of "pledges".

Did the committe have a vote to go down this pension road, is there one person pushing it or was it unamimous?

I don't really see the big deal with a bit of openess and debate.

thought not.

Kind of kills your argument, no?