toothache

trophyshy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to suggest the Ibroprofen + Paracetamol combo and I don't even know what the last one is.

Hmm I don't have much clue, morphine?

Whiskey?

Warm milk? :icon_lol:

wish i had whiskey.....ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

:lol:

Reminds me of SLP with his Frankie goes to Hollywood lyrics that. :superman2sa2:

Empty your inbox man mong features.

Google says :-

This

cheers Tom.

It got so bad I couldn't use the pc, but took more pain killers and they kicked in eventually. I was googling the limits of pain killers and decided it was too painful to bother looking.

worked but probably damaged my liver.

Reminds me of SLP with his Frankie goes to Hollywood lyrics that. :superman2sa2:

B)

sorry love!

B)

sorry love!

It's full again man! JWTBH :icon_lol:

can't sleep

am on 800mg ibuprofen, 1.5g paracetamol and 22mg of dihydrocodeine tartrate and my tooth is fucking killing me.

help!

Instead of very possibly overdosing on analgesics, why don't you see a dentist asap? If you haven't got one go to the dentistry school opposite Leazes park. You'll be experimented on by students but it's free.

can't sleep

am on 800mg ibuprofen, 1.5g paracetamol and 22mg of dihydrocodeine tartrate and my tooth is fucking killing me.

help!

Instead of very possibly overdosing on analgesics, why don't you see a dentist asap? If you haven't got one go to the dentistry school opposite Leazes park. You'll be experimented on by students but it's free.

It's hard enough to find a dentist, never mind in the middle of the night.

Thanks for the advice mate.

I am in between appointments getting a root canal done.

Incidentally (no pun intended), I had a wisdom tooth out at that very school by some ham fisted acne riddled geek. He effectively put pliers in and twisted and twisted. The tooth in front of it was damaged and is now dead and root canalled and crowned. The tooth in front of that one has gone the same way, now dead. No other teeth in my mouth are problematic.

A very false economy that turned out to be. :superman2sa2:

My dentist is actually taking people on at the minute. No use to you in the smoke like but quite a rarity nonetheless.

aye this root canal is costing me £350. Basically no new NHS patients unless you are on the dole/a spaz/etc

while the anti-pain was kicking in she goes; "is it okay if I do a check up while we are waiting for that to kick in"

Are you gonna say no? Took her 2 minutes max...nowt wrong anywhere else. That'll be an additional £38 please.

greedy bitch. Manchester sort too. Wanks, as Stevie might venture.

No shortage of NHS places around here. The beauty of living in the impoverished sahf-east. Of course their main tools are a pneumatic drill and a trowel full of concrete, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

go to the pharmacy and replace the ibuprofen with Voltarol (diclofenac) 50mg can be bought over the counter now - as long as you are not asthmatic as it can exacerbate your condition and induce asthma attacks.If you have asthma try swapping it for aspirin, obviously again, as long as you don't have any blood/bleeding/disorders. Some people just tolerate ibuprofen too well and it doesn't have the desired effect, codiene as you are using is a opiate based analgesic and works very well in combination with this and the paracetamol, it may also be worth you buying some oral anaesthetic such as liquid anbesol to put on the gum, it will last long enough to help you eat and get off to sleep, you can just apply this via a clean finger or a cotton bud/pipet as you need it.

The voltarol is the most important medication wise though though as this is a strong anti-inflammatory drug which will be best for your type of pain.

Hope this helps.

go to the pharmacy and replace the ibuprofen with Voltarol (diclofenac) 50mg can be bought over the counter now - as long as you are not asthmatic as it can exacerbate your condition and induce asthma attacks.If you have asthma try swapping it for aspirin, obviously again, as long as you don't have any blood/bleeding/disorders. Some people just tolerate ibuprofen too well and it doesn't have the desired effect, codiene as you are using is a opiate based analgesic and works very well in combination with this and the paracetamol, it may also be worth you buying some oral anaesthetic such as liquid anbesol to put on the gum, it will last long enough to help you eat and get off to sleep, you can just apply this via a clean finger or a cotton bud/pipet as you need it.

The voltarol is the most important medication wise though though as this is a strong anti-inflammatory drug which will be best for your type of pain.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Soccermom :superman2sa2:

If its an infected root the only thing that will fix the pain is amoxycillin.

Thats an antibiotic - its doesn't work on pain it works on infection, unless you mean clear the infection get rid of the pain, but that'd require dental intervention not just oral antibiotics. The pain killers along with the anaesthetic will at least give enough relief until your dentist/dental hospital can sort it out properly.

Oh and stop taking 1.5g of para - thats very naughty, it only takes a small amount to overdose and you should never underestimate the power of paracetamol or the effect it has on your body - it's prescription only in most countries for a reason, lol. 1g ONLY every 4-6 hours no more than 8 in any 24 hour period. Consider yourself severely reprimanded mister! he he.

but honest hon, I'd definately give those a try til you can get it sorted by the chiefs. It really does help. x

If its an infected root the only thing that will fix the pain is amoxycillin.

Actually you would've thought that they would give me some antibiotics while going through the treatment. They could've whacked an extra £30 on the bill too. Amateurs.