Luton "Anti war demo"

Douggy B

I would be happy to hit as many of the fucking cunts as possible if it happened up here. If that makes me racist then sorry. I'm proud to be British I'm proud of our troops.

Saint Georges Day should be a bank holiday. Saint Paddy's day stick it up your arse (unless you are Irish)

We should be allowed to fly our flag.

Country is fucked.

Your just the kind of politically incorrect ignorant racist that's ruining this country!

B)

:angry:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy to hit as many of the fucking cunts as possible if it happened up here. If that makes me racist then sorry. I'm proud to be British I'm proud of our troops.

Saint Georges Day should be a bank holiday. Saint Paddy's day stick it up your arse (unless you are Irish)

Country is fucked.

Who's stopping you flying the flag or celebrating St George's day though? Never come across that myself, come the world cup the country seems to be awash with flags.

If you're English then surely part of that is believing in the principle of freedom of speech?

Edit: shit, must start reading properly. I wouldn't want St George's day as a bank holiday. One, because it is too close to other bank holidays we have (in May), I'd rather have one in July personally; two, because he was made up; and three, because he wasn't English. B)

Edited by Renton

Country is fucked.

Who's stopping you flying the flag or celebrating St George's day though? Never come across that myself, come the world cup the country seems to be awash with flags.

If you're English then surely part of that is believing in the principle of freedom of speech?

They don't get it.

Midplaced anger, mis-directed force...paralysed...Just how the rulers like it. B)

We weren't allowed to fly the St.George's cross at Uni like B)

Anything else and your fine...

Can you provide some proof of that? I'm struggling to believe it but happy to be proved wrong.

Well it's a difficult thing to prove.

Apparently the reason behind it was that it would intimidate exchange students, the do the same at Newcastle Uni halls iirc.

I doubt anyone has been called up on it anyway.

Should have flown a swastika :angry:

Also, St. George's Day is a bizarre thing to celebrate on virtually every level imo. It would just become a homage to alcohol anyway. Yeah, because we really need another day of that.

There was a bloke a couple of weeks ago who got in trouble with the council for flying the cross IIRC.

He was flying it for his sons coming back from Afghanistan but apparently it was hung wrong or something B)

There was a bloke a couple of weeks ago who got in trouble with the council for flying the cross IIRC.

He was flying it for his sons coming back from Afghanistan but apparently it was hung wrong or something B)

People should be allowed to fly any flags they chose from their own property imo. But be responsible for any fallout. :angry:

People should be allowed to fly any flags they chose from their own property imo. But be responsible for any fallout. :angry:

Correct. <_<

This is a proper demo for those mistaking a few idiots with home made placards as a demo...

"The rioting began last week, when a peaceful demonstration involving tens of thousands of campaigners developed into the worst street violence seen in Germany for years, with hundreds of activists bombarding police with stones and torching cars. The violent anti-G8 protest left up to 1,000people injured."

Also, St. George's Day is a bizarre thing to celebrate on virtually every level imo. It would just become a homage to alcohol anyway. Yeah, because we really need another day of that.

Ba humbug.

England is a great country with great tradition. We should be proud to be English (and British). We have done a load for the world (i know we have done some bad as well) We should have the flags flying from Public buildings how can anyone be offended. I'm not offended when I see the Tunisian flag flown when I visit. I just feel people are being pushed / drawn to the right wing loonies the more and more incidents like this happen.

Ba humbug.

England is a great country with great tradition. We should be proud to be English (and British). We have done a load for the world (i know we have done some bad as well) We should have the flags flying from Public buildings how can anyone be offended. I'm not offended when I see the Tunisian flag flown when I visit. I just feel people are being pushed / drawn to the right wing loonies the more and more incidents like this happen.

You miss my point. What has a Turkish Christian martyr who supposedly slew a beast that never existed got to do with being proud to be English?

Ba humbug.

Personally I'm not keen on overt symbols of nationalism in any country if it's used to excess, although it doesn't offend me either. I quite like the status quo here tbh, compared with, say the USA, where it almost seems to be an offence not to fly the flag on your property, like its the world cup everyday. Talking of which, those horrible plastic flags you get a the world cup are tacky as fuck imo.

Personally I think everyone of any kind of belief should be allowed to demonstrate/hold rallies. Free speech for me is indivisible. I don't care how distasteful or abhorrent their ideas are. Everyone has the right to hold any view they choose. Infact as the London against Racism movement in the 80's tapped into Council funding, the very same funding should be available to racists and the like. For me freedom of speech in a democracy is sacrosanct. It will never happen cause the last thing Govt wants is people feeling they are involved, that is why less than 40% of the country vote.

Edited by Park Life

Ba humbug.

You miss my point. What has a Turkish Christian martyr who supposedly slew a beast that never existed got to do with being proud to be English?

I got you but he's woor bloke. It's like we went cock or hen and got the fat speccy kid. I was meaning, oh I don't know how to explain it without sounding a cock. <_<

Ba humbug.

I got you but he's woor bloke. It's like we went cock or hen and got the fat speccy kid. I was meaning, oh I don't know how to explain it without sounding a cock. <_<

I didn't disagree with anything in your post btw. Nowt wrong with being proud of your country. I have regional / local pride too. Some people take it too far like :icon_lol:

I'd rather have an England day or something in the middle of July (at least that way we'd have a chance of some decent weather). Take one of the May Bank Holidays and use that (it's daft how there are two in May then not another one until the summer is finished). Make it about celebrating English culture etc., whether that be getting mortal or whatever <_<

How are we all feeling about this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...ming-march.html

There are plenty of threads about freedom of speech on here but nothing about those that abuse that right.

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech.

There are however two major issues here:

1. Some of those banners are probably illegal (and action should have been taken about that).

2. People demonstrating against say a conservative muslim march would not be allowed to do so/would be arrested for doing so (which is wrong, hypocritical and illegal - yet it does happen).

There are plenty of threads about freedom of speech on here but nothing about those that abuse that right.

1. Some of those banners are probably illegal (and action should have been taken about that).

2. People demonstrating against say a conservative muslim march would not be allowed to do so/would be arrested for doing so (which is wrong, hypocritical and illegal - yet it does happen).

I'm not fishing here but genuinely interested. Do you have an example of this you can cite?

I'm not fishing here but genuinely interested. Do you have an example of this you can cite?

You can actually see it in this demonstration, when the more general crowd verbally turned on these demonstrators the police's gloves came off very quickly.

You can actually see it in this demonstration, when the more general crowd verbally turned on these demonstrators the police's gloves came off very quickly.

I'll take that as a no then.

I'll take that as a no then.

Clearly you would anyway, as you're ignoring it in this case already. B)

Ba humbug.

I didn't disagree with anything in your post btw. Nowt wrong with being proud of your country. I have regional / local pride too. Some people take it too far like <_<

I'd rather have an England day or something in the middle of July (at least that way we'd have a chance of some decent weather). Take one of the May Bank Holidays and use that (it's daft how there are two in May then not another one until the summer is finished). Make it about celebrating English culture etc., whether that be getting mortal or whatever <_<

:icon_lol: aYE THATS PROBABLY WHAT i'M TRYING TO GET AT. oUR SYMBOL IS SHITE BUT WHAT IT REPRESENTS, ME, YOU, EVERY ENGLISHMAN, MUSLIM, HINDU, JEWISH OR WHATEVER SHOULD BE PROUD. FUCk just looked up cap lock on sorry.

they're entitled to protest

was it wise? - probably not - very counter productive

.......exactly, freedom of speech is there to protect the ideals and opinions that we disagree with otherwise whats the point in having it.

To a point, but would you agree people should be allowed to protest against black people or gays ???

absolutely!!!!.....that's why this is such an important freedom. IMHO there are nutters on either end of the spectrum who will say some fairly offensive (and crazy) shit, so what !!the rest of the population is left standing with mouths agape because we can see that what's being said is bullshit. All it does is make the people saying the offensive crap look even more like the nutters they are