Allardyce

Douggy B

I know what 2J is saying but I know where you're coming from in terms of them being nothing special at all for all they're 7th. Just look how many points they are ahead of us - not many really.

I know what 2J is saying but I know where you're coming from in terms of them being nothing special at all for all they're 7th. Just look how many points they are ahead of us - not many really.

I don't think they're anything special fwiw. Then again I don't think the Premiership is anything as a spectacle anymore.

wow. there are a lot of people here that are biting.

my $0.02 is that his style of play didn't sit well with a crowd or fanbase that were used to attacking football over the years (i'm talking about the first KK and all of the sbr years). he did a fair job of tidying up the mess that graeme souness left us in, but realistically would not have been able to get us up into the top 6 (or 8) that season. his tactics with a bunch of pig headed overpaid cretins (our players, just in case!!!) did not work, his (abrasive or otherwise) personality, and his insistence on getting in a big team of people who couldn't improve our results was another reason he got the bullet.

I don't have a great deal of time for the man, but do think he'll keep blackburn up. possibly at our expense.

Take that, Danny!

7iks-11.jpg

ha ha I never said we dont do our fair share of ruining good managers.

Houghton always seems there just out of focus in the background when things go wrong. B)

I'm loving the way history seems to be being re-written on the basis that he's talking to the BBC again so they're having a massive love in with him to keep him on side, which includes the glossing over of his time here as some sort of victim of circumstance. B)

Allardyce dug his own grave imo. Selling all pace and creativity, left a pretty onesided Newcastle team. That might have worked at Bolton, where the put that system in place over years. At Newcastle it was a reckless gamble, and he didn't take his time, to put that system in place. Furthermore his scientific approach to football didn't stand the test. The players wheren't in any decent condition, and that proved on the pitch. It's all well with ice bath and advanced statistics on passes and running patterns, but when the cardio isn't in place, it's a bit of waste.

On top of that i just think he might have been way to stubborn for Ashley's liking.

That the club doesn't have succes now, doesn't mean that the sacking of Allardyce wasn't the right thing to do. I think most people would agree on, that what has happend aftwards, is a major farce. But who's to say, that it wouldn't have been Allardyce that had walked out on Newcastle? Who's to say, that Dennis Wise wouldn't have been appointed if Allardyce was still here?

To many if's to say, that Allardyce should have had the chance to put his system in place. He failed pretty fast imo, and he's inability to adjust tacticts just sealed his fate

The team was pretty awful throughout Allardyce's tenure. Whether that would have been a permanent state of affairs is up for conjecture but there's no doubt in my mind he deserved the sack. That he looks a good option in comparison to the current crew is more a comment on them than a compliment to Allardyce imo.

The team was pretty awful throughout Allardyce's tenure. Whether that would have been a permanent state of affairs is up for conjecture but there's no doubt in my mind he deserved the sack. That he looks a good option in comparison to the current crew is more a comment on them than a compliment to Allardyce imo.

I'd rather go down watching the odd game like the Man U one than loiter in the bottom half with 11 men consistently behind the ball hoping to win a corner against the likes of Derby county.