Allardyce

Douggy B

Clearly a talented manager even without the huge backroom staff.

Why did he fail at Newcastle?

Did Ashley bin him off to quickly to appease the baying mob?

Too quick to go with the fans choice rather than stick by the manager?

strange one.

wasn't Ashley's choice as manager, we were playing ugly football and on the whole losing, we were heading down under Allardyce, and Blackburn are still far from safe.

It's strange how his spell at Newcastle United is always missed out when people judge his managerial ability.

But then the dreadful tactics, performances, results etc were obviously because he wasn't given "time" and not because he was in any way clueless.

Edited by TheInspiration

at blackburn he has more players that suit his style of tactics/relegation scraps. we were clearly on a downward spiral with him, that being said, 8 months in a job is nothing in my opinion, considering he was clearing up mess from previous regimes.

He bottled it here. Any other opinion would be futile.

With the players he has and the (lack of) expectation at Blackburn, he was always going to do ok. Put him at a decent club who aspire to play properly though and he doesn't know what to do.

Edited by Asprilla

Fucking hell, any comment like that is from someone who either a) knows fuck all about BSA's time here or B ) is a bit of a twat

Maybe a bit of both.

Just look at the players he brought in? Viduka, Barton, Geremi, Smith & Faye are nearly all about his style of football. Tough players who will grind games out. He did though make some decent signings. Well, two imo. Beye I think we'd all agree and I actually thought Faye was canny and could still have done a job here.

The next problem was him being given the shove (MA's reasons being poor results and a poor football style to bring in his own choice in KK). Then we had Sams style of players trying to play KK's style of game. Didnt really work until we changed to a 433 and after a very hard start we started to see better football and better results.

Edited by JawD

I think he was a bit out of his depth here but I don't think 1) he was given enough time (it wasn't enough time for anyone) 2) he was backed particularly in the transfer market or 3) we were going down under him.

2.5k posts in under a year on a message board thats got fuck all todo with you , fuck off man .

ill entertain you, he killed our wage budget with 5 poxy players .

Edited by Hadrian

It's strange how his spell at Newcastle United is always missed out when people judge his managerial ability.

But then the dreadful tactics, performances, results etc were obviously because he wasn't given "time" and not because he was in any way clueless.

B)

Would we be in the position we are in today, if he had still been manager? I would say no. I would say we would be toward the top six. Why? Because look at the teams there at the moment; Everton, Wistam, Man City. These three are, by and large, NOTHING sides. There seems virtually no finesse in them at all, yet they are near the top of the table. If Allardyce was still here, I'm guessing we would be another of these nothing sides so there would be no reason to suggest we wouldn't be up there with them.

Did I like Allardyce's football? Not a bit. I was glad he got the push. I'm greedy, me. I want us challenging whilst playing attractive football not mind-numbing dirge that the three teams mentioned play. That's just me though.

Thing is, we can speculate all we want but we will never know how good or bad he would have been at Newcastle.

Would we be in the position we are in today, if he had still been manager? I would say no. I would say we would be toward the top six. Why? Because look at the teams there at the moment; Everton, Wistam, Man City. These three are, by and large, NOTHING sides. There seems virtually no finesse in them at all, yet they are near the top of the table. If Allardyce was still here, I'm guessing we would be another of these nothing sides so there would be no reason to suggest we wouldn't be up there with them.

Did I like Allardyce's football? Not a bit. I was glad he got the push. I'm greedy, me. I want us challenging whilst playing attractive football not mind-numbing dirge that the three teams mentioned play. That's just me though.

Thing is, we can speculate all we want but we will never know how good or bad he would have been at Newcastle.

I think that West Ham do actually try and play some good football and it does show at times. Although I don't think as a group they're anything spectacular. Man City have an unlimited pot of money and have players like Robinho so at times do play with that finesse. Whereas Everton are up there due to a continuation of good work that Moyes has put in over the years, nothing spectacular but a very solid, consistent unit, who at times can actually play good football. Something that Allardyce is oppose to.

I think that West Ham do actually try and play some good football and it does show at times. Although I don't think as a group they're anything spectacular. Man City have an unlimited pot of money and have players like Robinho so at times do play with that finesse. Whereas Everton are up there due to a continuation of good work that Moyes has put in over the years, nothing spectacular but a very solid, consistent unit, who at times can actually play good football. Something that Allardyce is oppose to.

When W.Ham came to St James' I was staggered at how ordinary they were. The fact we couldn't beat them told me a hell of a lot about my own team that day.

When W.Ham came to St James' I was staggered at how ordinary they were. The fact we couldn't beat them told me a hell of a lot about my own team that day.

Canny side at home I'd say mind. Plus, they were having an ordinary run of form when we played them, weren't they?

Canny side at home I'd say mind. Plus, they were having an ordinary run of form when we played them, weren't they?

I think they went on a canny run after playing us. I could be wrong though. Still a fucking bland team imo.