Starting your own Business

Christmas Tree

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff at my restaurant have to pay full price for a meal ().

I'm not sure if I do or not - I just make a sandwich and say it fell on the floor. Then I have to taste the food anyway for quality control of course...

Guy I know is perfectly comfortable flitting between his 3 restaurants and letting them run themselves. He worked until he had enough savings to buy his first venue and went from there. That's always been a pipe dream of mine but not before I've knuckled down and worked a while first. I wouldn't have the first clue if I was to try and run my own place right now!

Most chefs don't from what I gather. You been able to get anything on the menu where you're at now?

Aye - in every kitchen I've worked so far you get the serving staff sitting down to full meals whilst the chefs graze all day.

I've recently switched to a restaurant in a garden centre where I'm working 9-5 and the head chef is perfectly happy to let me loose in the kitchen. Planned out 5 daily specials for next week and seeing about having some permanent menu features counter-side to lighten the load in the kitchen a bit during service. Last week I did lamb shanks with a red wine jus, green beans and dauphinoise potatoes, which was superb.