Starting your own Business

Christmas Tree

Been thinking of doing something different for a while now. Might start my own online dating site as a new business but obviously would need to have it's own little niche in that market a la 'uniformdating.com'. Was thinking along the lines of 'meetthroughthetoiletbowl.com'. What do you all think? :good:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness I am looking at doing something myself as I really can't stand being dictated to anymore regards to unsociable shift patterns/holidays and all the other bollocks that comes with working at a manufacturing plant/factory and all the managers doing paper excercises to keep themselves in a job. I want out as 20 years is too much already and it's getting worse not better.

In all seriousness I am looking at doing something myself as I really can't stand being dictated to anymore regards to unsociable shift patterns/holidays and all the other bollocks that comes with working at a manufacturing plant/factory and all the managers doing paper excercises to keep themselves in a job. I want out as 20 years is too much already and it's getting worse not better.

Should have a look at some of the Franchises available. Plenty of security in that house of yours and its a much safer way to start a business.

Couple of my neighbours got into Franchising years ago and did very well.

So many different ones and you might find one that is right for you that you would never have contemplated.

Franchising isn't really working for yourself though. You're beholden to a head office to submit your weekly numbers, you have a target that you need to hit and your business is only as strong as a brand over which you have no control.

Should have a look at some of the Franchises available. Plenty of security in that house of yours and its a much safer way to start a business.

Couple of my neighbours got into Franchising years ago and did very well.

So many different ones and you might find one that is right for you that you would never have contemplated.

As Gemmill says I want to be beholden to nobody but the bulls knacka who looks at me in the mirror of a morning. :D

(Also I'd have to do something other than use the house for money as the Wife would be too windy about losing it).

Franchising isn't really working for yourself though. You're beholden to a head office to submit your weekly numbers, you have a target that you need to hit and your business is only as strong as a brand over which you have no control.

To a degree.

There are still plenty of successful franchises where you reap very good rewards for following their formula.

Plenty of management franchises as well which are designed to be fully run by staff on your behalf such as banana moon day nurseries.

Any one with access to funds, a good man manager and into gadgets should take a look at Cex.

That seems to be pulling up trees at the minute with many franchisees now buying 2nd and 3rd stores.

As Gemmill says I want to be beholden to nobody but the bulls knacka who looks at me in the mirror of a morning. :D

(Also I'd have to do something other than use the house for money as the Wife would be too windy about losing it).

That last line or two is why most of us never do it. You need massive cahoonas to risk starting up most businesses. (Unless like MF you just need some old rope and a bucket). ;)

That last line or two is why most of us never do it. You need massive cahoonas to risk starting up most businesses. (Unless like MF you just need some old rope and a bucket). ;)

I don't mind the idea of blowing a business loan, just not my house. ;)

See if someone could open up a Greggs in Belfast they'd make an absolute fortune.

no branches at all in N.Ireland, someone had mentioned before there was some sort of law/policy which was blocking it but can't remember what it was.

It's on their FAQ :lol:

Upload fail. It appears the database server is currently unavailable

II was going to post a screen print of it but I keep getting an error message "

Upload fail. It appears the database server is currently unavailable. Please try again later".

See if someone could open up a Greggs in Belfast they'd make an absolute fortune.

no branches at all in N.Ireland, someone had mentioned before there was some sort of law/policy which was blocking it but can't remember what it was.

Aye, I've always said that. Though I thought it was because there'd need to be a fair few shops opening at the same time in order to make a local distribution centre worth their while. Greggs stores aren't franchises though afaia.

Any relatives who ever came over here from N.Ireland always loved stuff from our bakers greggs or not and loved sausages/bacon with stottie. Have to say I've no recollection of any bakers over there but they always said they were shit by comparison.

P.s As an aside, greggs have killed a load of independent bakers over here which is a real shame as there used to be a lot of good choice and now you've a fucking generic greggs whatever and that's your whack.

It depends what you get from the bakers, the sausage rolls are generally good in most bakerys but there's nothing that compares to the range of heart attack material that Greggs carries. There's certainly a market for it.

My local shops have a Greggs, a sandwich shop, and a Sainsburys, and the little independent bakery which has been there for years still knocks out the best mince pies I've ever had.

Quite fucking right, why should our taxes subsidise your lunch? ;)

When I was there I ended up getting out of the garage across the road most days in order to escape the time warp for at least a few minutes.

Ant/ewerk, you definitely get ripped off over there and not just with food! Any trade jobs, sparky/building etc always seems to be more expensive than what you'd expect to pay over here going from experience of what friends and relatives say.

Aye, you'd think that the housing bubble bursting would have improved things but lots of tradesmen still seem to think that they can charge out what they were getting before.

Thankfully I know quite a few decent ones and can get stuff done for good rates compared to what I'd normally pay.

We could do with a decent sandwich shop near the hospital - not that it'd be any good to me in the middle of the night like, but our canteen is rubbish out of hours.

We could do with a decent sandwich shop near the hospital - not that it'd be any good to me in the middle of the night like, but our canteen is rubbish out of hours.

:crylaughin:

Blonde moment?