Training Session --- Live coverage

Christmas Tree

Guest Stevie
Despite the low turn-out, the reaction of those who did turn up at St

James' Park was surprisingly positive

:mellow: Low fucking turn out for a training session??? Do you seriously think anyone besides kids, and sad long term sick/doleites are going to watch a load of wank footballers dribbling round cones?!?! 7,500? Whoever wrote this should be sacked, it's such lazy journalism it's not true. Besides 7,500 kids, families etc, is only 2,000 less than what Tottenham were getting in the league in 1986 at certain league games.

yet we have never averaged under 20K over a course of a season, can you say the same?

In the top flight we've never averaged under 25,000 other than one season of building work and relegation. Can you say the same?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mellow: Low fucking turn out for a training session??? Do you seriously think anyone besides kids, and sad long term sick/doleites are going to watch a load of wank footballers dribbling round cones?!?! 7,500? Whoever wrote this should be sacked, it's such lazy journalism it's not true. Besides 7,500 kids, families etc, is only 2,000 less than what Tottenham were getting in the league in 1986 at certain league games.

yet we have never averaged under 20K over a course of a season, can you say the same?

In the top flight we've never averaged under 25,000 other than one season of building work and relegation. Can you say the same?

Ha ha any more caveats you want to drop in ha ha.

Guest Stevie

Stop stealing Alex's words. Oh and Alex I was responding to him not you.

Stop stealing Alex's words. Oh and Alex I was responding to him not you.

Is that directed at me though? ;)

I went to the training session and a few things were apparent.

1.Shola is very good in training, this is probably why he gets the nod more than he should.

2. Martins is shite.

3. Shearer still has it, he looked like the best one in their training match.

4. Jonas looked unfit. He was being outran by Geremi.

1.Shola is very good in training, this is probably why he gets the nod more than he should.

2. Martins is shite.

Shola could have a role in the Stoke match. We need someone big and strong up front to pull the defenders away from Owen/Martins. For everything that Shola is not, he is certainly big, and certainly strong.

Agree, Martins has been poor this season.

Jonas doesn't look unfit when he's running up and down the pitch whilst Nicky Butt and Kevin Nolan are walking in circles around the centre of the pitch.

2. Martins is shite.

I think its been the case for a long time that Shola storms it in training all the time, just a shame it means fuck all and he's shite on matchday! What i've never understood is why a succession of managers (apart from Keegan who wanted rid of him) seem to think being good at training is enough when they see the evidence of him being shite when it matters!

Martins i can well imgaine being the same as he is during matches, one moment brilliant the next looks like he's never played football (or indeed any sport) in his life!

If Shearer hadn't had the final knee injury to end his career and instead had just ended it intact, i think if he'd kept himself fit he'd probably be thinking of picking himself! After all Viduka is never fit, Shola is Shola so it would only be between Big Al and Carroll to partner Owen if he wanted a bigger striker rather than Martins up with him!

2. Martins is shite.

I think its been the case for a long time that Shola storms it in training all the time, just a shame it means fuck all and he's shite on matchday! What i've never understood is why a succession of managers (apart from Keegan who wanted rid of him) seem to think being good at training is enough when they see the evidence of him being shite when it matters!

Martins i can well imgaine being the same as he is during matches, one moment brilliant the next looks like he's never played football (or indeed any sport) in his life!

If Shearer hadn't had the final knee injury to end his career and instead had just ended it intact, i think if he'd kept himself fit he'd probably be thinking of picking himself! After all Viduka is never fit, Shola is Shola so it would only be between Big Al and Carroll to partner Owen if he wanted a bigger striker rather than Martins up with him!

Although Im not for a minute suggesting that Shearer should come out of retirement or anything but I genuinely believe he'd be more likely to score than Shola if he started against Stoke.

2. Martins is shite.

Tbf to Martins, he looks like he was quite good at gymnastics at school.