Stephen Hawking

Ketsbaia

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Renty, just to be perfectly clear on the issue; can we get a definitive statement of your views on pedantry and more specifically pedantry on Toontastic?

That should be quite interesting. :D

christ_on_a_bike.jpg

:razz:

Your definitive statement of your views on pedantry and more specifically pedantry on Toontastic is quite welcome too. :D

Did you type that with a straight face? :razz:

C'mon Fop, you've had a good day in the UN thread, almost saw a different side to you! I honestly don't even know what you've just started to bang on about in here-it just comes across as though you can't go through a day without wanting to disagree about something. Bizarre stuff.

Actually Renty, just to be perfectly clear on the issue; can we get a definitive statement of your views on pedantry and more specifically pedantry on Toontastic?

That should be quite interesting. :D

christ_on_a_bike.jpg

Your definitive statement of your views on pedantry and more specifically pedantry on Toontastic is quite welcome too. :D

Did you type that with a straight face? :razz:

C'mon Fop, you've had a good day in the UN thread, almost saw a different side to you! I honestly don't even know what you've just started to bang on about in here-it just comes across as though you can't go through a day without wanting to disagree about something. Bizarre stuff.

Fop's very interested in people's views on it.

Renty, alex and your views Sammy, would be a good start. :D

(Surely you must have a view?)

Edited by Fop

Fop, basically it all comes back to this self-awareness thing we discussed once, this is why half the board openly laugh at you whilst the other half are just bored to tears by you (have you not even noticed this yet?). Anyway, I really don't want another row, it's cruel, like kicking an old blind, deaf dog with no legs.

However, I'm glad you realised the difference between attaining a chair at a top University and being 'honoured' by the Queen, well done. Perhaps you can reflect on your need to write your OP on here and how that relates to pedantism.

Do you think I'm sniping like? I honestly don't see how I could have come out with a less contentious statement of fact. :D

If you are so disinterested why do you keep replying? :razz:

Like Fop said, coward. :razz:

Fop, basically it all comes back to this self-awareness thing we discussed once, this is why half the board openly laugh at you whilst the other half are just bored to tears by you (have you not even noticed this yet?). Anyway, I really don't want another row, it's cruel, like kicking an old blind, deaf dog with no legs.

However, I'm glad you realised the difference between attaining a chair at a top University and being 'honoured' by the Queen, well done. Perhaps you can reflect on your need to write your OP on here and how that relates to pedantism.

Yes Renty it does, it truly and honestly does....... but you just don't see it do you. :D

You're not going to dare an opinion either I guess, Fop suspected you wouldn't mind. Brassneck man man. :razz:

Yes Renty it does, it truly and honestly does....... but you just don't see it do you. :D

You're not going to dare an opinion either I guess, Fop suspected you wouldn't mind. Brassneck man man. :razz:

I know what being pedantic is Fop, what do you hope to achieve by asking for a definition?

Believe it or not, I know I can be quite pedantic too. But that pales into insignificance compared to you, who, for instance, instigated a 20 page thread on the definition of the term 'social policy', and were still proved hopelessly wrong at the end of it. But let's not go back there, please.

Fop, does it never occur to you that if the vast majority of people think there's something a bit 'odd' about you (being polite here)? I don't mean that as a personal insult, it's just a true observation. Why do you dismiss this so easily? Honestly, if that was me getting the negative feedback you're getting I would seriously reappraise how I came across on this board. That's the difference. It's up to you though, I'll leave it at that. Life is really too short for this shit and I have some deadlines to make.

Oh, apart from one thing. Curiousity got the better of me and I clicked that link on your sig, the one that refers to me. The resultant site crashed my computer. So yeah, thanks for that.

You're not going to dare an opinion either I guess, Fop suspected you wouldn't mind. Brassneck man man. :D

I know what being pedantic is Fop, what do you hope to achieve by asking for a definition?

Why do you think Fop can be bothered to answer that if you won't give a definitive statement of your views on it (not a definition btw)?

Believe it or not, I know I can be quite pedantic too.

:razz: Never!

But that pales into insignificance compared to you, who, for instance, instigated a 20 page thread on the definition of the term 'social policy', and were still proved hopelessly wrong at the end of it. But let's not go back there, please.

Actually if you remember it was Chezzy's pedantry over "social policy" that started it, he just didn't appreciated it being turned back on him (as they never do of course :D)

Fop, does it never occur to you that if the vast majority of people think there's something a bit 'odd' about you (being polite here)? I don't mean that as a personal insult, it's just a true observation. Why do you dismiss this so easily? Honestly, if that was me getting the negative feedback you're getting I would seriously reappraise how I came across on this board. That's the difference. It's up to you though, I'll leave it at that. Life is really too short for this shit and I have some deadlines to make.

There's another delicious irony, there's very little difference between an awful lot of people on here, the only difference often being the side of the fence they are on (this thread has at least one example of it).

But on the up side it is funny. :D

Oh, apart from one thing. Curiousity got the better of me and I clicked that link on your sig, the one that refers to me. The resultant site crashed my computer. So yeah, thanks for that.

That shouldn't happen, but :razz: anyway.

Edited by Fop

You're not going to dare an opinion either I guess, Fop suspected you wouldn't mind. Brassneck man man. :D

Why do you think Fop can be bothered to answer that if you won't give a definition?

Believe it or not, I know I can be quite pedantic too.

:razz: Never!

But that pales into insignificance compared to you, who, for instance, instigated a 20 page thread on the definition of the term 'social policy', and were still proved hopelessly wrong at the end of it. But let's not go back there, please.

Actually if you remember it was Chezzy's pedantry over "social policy" that started it, he just didn't appreciated it being turned back on him (as they never do of course :icon_lol:)

There's another delicious irony, there's very little difference between an awful lot of people on here, the only difference often being the side of the fence they are on (this thread has at least one example of it).

But on the up side it is funny. :icon_lol:

That shouldn't happen, but :razz: anyway.

I think the site has quite a diverse membership but the opinion on you is pretty universal. In a way I quite admire how thick-skinned you are about it, mind it's only the internet isn't it? I hope :D:D.

I think the site has quite a diverse membership but the opinion on you is pretty universal. In a way I quite admire how thick-skinned you are about it, mind it's only the internet isn't it? I hope :D:razz:.

There's a wide range of views (and pictures) on that matter, all quite amusing too. :razz:

But as Fop keep having to mention this isn't about Fop (as :D as it is), it's about Hawking getting better (or about a definitive statement [not definition btw] of your views on pedantry and more specifically pedantry on Toontastic?)

Will you lot fuck off with the bickering, every thread is turning into an episode of Tracy Beaker.

this ^

also glad hes going to be alright

Will you lot fuck off with the bickering, every thread is turning into an episode of Tracy Beaker.

Seriously though. This place is dogshit nowadays.

Yup. Every thread turns is to whining bollocks and blokes going on like a bunch of tarts :D

Been staying clear myself, getting my kicks elsewhere. What with FOP being seriously unwell, Manc Mag enticing him, and that mad bint of yours cluttering the threads up with her insane ramblings about fuck all, I just don't feel safe anymore tbh.

and that cunt Danny B

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Feel free to contribute something then, also nobody's forcing you to read it. :D

Yup. Every thread turns is to whining bollocks and blokes going on like a bunch of tarts :razz:

Says Twitter man. :D

:razz: you guys used to make me laugh out loud with your antics, but lately alot of the threads lose their way and end up just a slanging match with people trying to score points off each other.

Maybe all frustrated with our present position and feeling extra grumpy, who knows! :D