Left Back - what's the score?

duo

How can we not have a single other left back at the club? Fair enough we've one first team LB but what about reserves? Academy players? Surely there is someone who plays in that position that is worth a shout? :nufc:

How can we not have a single other left back at the club? Fair enough we've one first team LB but what about reserves? Academy players? Surely there is someone who plays in that position that is worth a shout? :nufc:

Said it elsewhere....Shearer's making a point.

I'm starting to think he wants to go down too. Make his job a bit easier in his first full season.

:wacko:

I'm starting to think he wants to go down too. Make his job a bit easier in his first full season.

He's going out of his way to say its till May 24th only.....do you really think he could stomach working for Ashley much longer?....unless he knows something we don't?.......

He's going out of his way to say its till May 24th only.....do you really think he could stomach working for Ashley much longer?....unless he knows something we don't?.......

It's a perennial fact that all chairmen are stupid twats though.

It's 53 years since Len Shackleton wrote his biography and included a chapter called "The Average Director's Knowledge of Football" consisting of a single blank page.

Damn, too late. :nufc:

Doesn't really matter, though, as Kadar is just an untried kid really who was never in the frame as a standby replacement for Enrique.

Not true really, he was in the squad on several occasions and if I remember correctly whoever was managing us at some point said he was ready for first team football, wanted to give him a chance in a match around january I think.

Damn, too late. :nufc:

Doesn't really matter, though, as Kadar is just an untried kid really who was never in the frame as a standby replacement for Enrique.

Not true really, he was in the squad on several occasions and if I remember correctly whoever was managing us at some point said he was ready for first team football, wanted to give him a chance in a match around january I think.

He was on the bench against Liverpool and Hull in the FA Cup. And he's been called up the the Hungary squad.

To be fair, he may be young and inexperienced but he can't be any worse than some of the players we've got.

N'Zogbia was cover for left back. Not ideal, but he started the season there ahead of Enrique. Bassong could play there, but I thought he was poor when he did. It would also massively weaken our centre of defence.

Can Raylor play there? Can Raylor play anywhere?

edit : Is Darren Lough of the reserves a left back? I thought I remembered him playing against Juve in a friendly in that position.

Edited by Barney

Think when I saw Lough he was at right-back. They switch the kids around quite a bit - I've seen Tozer, who's normally a CB, played at full-back and Kadar has had the odd game at centre-back. Kadar did look promising at left-back but two bad injuries mean he's not even had that much reserve experience. A long way away from the first team yet I'd say and out for the season anyway obviously.

I know Coloccini's played full-back quite a few times in the past, and I've got a feeling I heard he'd played on both sides in his time. I'd rather see him given a go there than Ryan Taylor, and we've precious few other options when Enrique's not available, although Duff did alright there at the weekend.