The Ashes

smoggeordie

Loved watching Ponting whine at the ref. And they call us whingers. It wasn't out either. You can tell the pressure has got to him, and Siddle aside, the rest of the team will be affected.

Watched until about 3, which is longer than most of the Aussies. I wonder how empty the ground will be tonight?

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The perfect match played by England so far. Won the toss, elected to bowl, green wicket and overcast, the ball swung and moved off the seam, got Australia out cheapishly, then went into bat, sun was bright and has since dried out the wicket, no swing or much seaming, England are dominant, wicket slowing up and is inconsistent just in time for Australia to bat again, England won't need to bat a second time.

The perfect match played by England so far. Won the toss, elected to bowl, green wicket and overcast, the ball swung and moved off the seam, got Australia out cheapishly, then went into bat, sun was bright and has since dried out the wicket, no swing or much seaming, England are dominant, wicket slowing up and is inconsistent just in time for Australia to bat again, England won't need to bat a second time.

Better bowling attack tbh :lol:

Part one of the mission accomplished. Now lets make sure we win the series and keep heaping on the humiliation. No taking the foot off the pedal.

Or the neck.

Where's Wellsy btw?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
England beat Australia in Melbourne to retain Ashes

Fourth Ashes Test, Melbourne (day four):

England 513 beat Australia 98 & 258 by an innings and 157 runs

;)

Not gonna claim to love cricket, but know and have known enough Aussies to understand how arrogant they are towards England when it comes to rugby and cricket, that's why I'm chuffed we've won. Seems like we didn't even need a second gan and we still pissed on them. Just get a draw in the fifth and we're laughing.

you just KNOW that every Aussie you meet will say

"Naaaaa , mate. Cricket isn't big where I come from -it's Rules/Union/League/F1/rounders/darts that everyone is interested in back home"

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

"Naaaaa , mate. Cricket isn't big where I come from -it's Rules/Union/League/F1/rounders/darts that everyone is interested in back home"

That's what we say to be fair, but imo cricket and rugby are minority sports in this country. Football is 50 times bigger than anything else in Britain, it's part of the fabric of this country more than any sport in any other country. It defines the nation imo.

Just get them back by removing your bar change from those little plates they hand it to you in.

That's what we say to be fair, but imo cricket and rugby are minority sports in this country. Football is 50 times bigger than anything else in Britain, it's part of the fabric of this country more than any sport in any other country. It defines the nation imo.

YOU obviously didn't go to Good School ;):icon_lol:

i was watching the interviews dont know who was getting interviewed as im not a big cricket fan but he said the atmosphere was like they had 75.000 fans in st james park. :icon_lol:

It would have been Swann - a passionate NUFC supporter. Although a Sotherner ;) , his folks are from the norh east and he has always had 'the bug'.

In reality though cricket is a summer sport and has everyone interested in it, it's a national interest, and the game is part of the heritage over here. The other sports you've mentioned are winter and have strongholds in various parts of the country but not as a whole. Anyone who says darts is big needs a slap too tbh.

In reality though cricket is a summer sport and has everyone interested in it, it's a national interest, and the game is part of the heritage over here. The other sports you've mentioned are winter and have strongholds in various parts of the country but not as a whole. Anyone who says darts is big needs a slap too tbh.

I was being ironic - whenever an Aussie sportsman or woman under-performs that's the answer I get when I bring it up - amazing how the popularity of sports waxes & wanes down-under on the last result :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: