Robert walks out on Portsmouth

Gemmill

November, and 2 of the top 3 threads are Robert and Bellamy related!

Robert was fantastic when he first came here but his bad points had long outweighed the good even under Robson. His attitude had an increasingly negative impact on his play.

Bellamy was, if possible, an even bigger twat. But his angry little man act made him a better player on th pitch. It's quite possible that he was not popular in the dressing room and things are a little more harmonious without him. But, it's hard to deny getting rid was a mistake from what we can see. Who would not like to see Bellamy and Owen up front this season?

So, a bit of arbitrary accounting; Robert - Bellamy = Evens.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

November, and 2 of the top 3 threads are Robert and Bellamy related!

Robert was fantastic when he first came here but his bad points had long outweighed the good even under Robson.  His attitude had an increasingly negative impact on his play.

Bellamy was, if possible, an even bigger twat.  But his angry little man act made him a better player on th pitch.  It's quite possible that he was not popular in the dressing room and things are a little more harmonious without him.  But, it's hard to deny getting rid was a mistake from what we can see.  Who would not like to see Bellamy and Owen up front this season?

So, a bit of arbitrary accounting; Robert - Bellamy = Evens.

53812[/snapback]

So what's this Evens person like? Is he Welsh as well?

53816[/snapback]

:D

Taciturn Evans. He's very quiet, it's almost as if he isn't there.

53816[/snapback]

Taciturn Evans. He's very quiet, it's almost as if he isn't there.

53818[/snapback]

Sounds like Titus and Testfaye Bramble's Welsh cousin.

Yeah, I quite fancy some of what their parents were smoking!

53826[/snapback]

Racial stereotyping tbh :D

53827[/snapback]

Was waiting for that! In fairness Titus' manner is more in keeping with foetal alcohol syndrome. I'm going to hell for that one.

Look, he got sussed and instead of rolling up his sleeves and making the effort to adapt his game he just couldn't be arsed, which is why he went from producing the goods every week to doing sweet fa for us and now, thankfully, Championship bound Portsmouth who he can't even get a game for.

Harsh but fair. I feel like I've just told a 3 year old Santa isn't real.

Found this on N-O, taken from The S*n:

Laurent: Gizza pass

BY STEVE BRENNER

MOODY Laurent Robert last night launched a scathing attack on his Portsmouth team-mates and roared ‘Why don’t you pass to me?’

The French winger reckons he was frozen out after going on as sub for the last half-hour of Saturday’s 2-0 defeat by Wigan.

He believes people at Fratton Park are already turning against him just nine games after moving to the South Coast club on a year loan from Newcastle.

And Robert reckons Alain Perrin’s side are in such a state that even Arsenal superstar Thierry Henry could not get them going.

Robert rapped: “I played for 30 minutes without the ball. That makes it difficult for me to cross or to shoot. I was only able to make one free-kick.

“It’s difficult for me. I don’t know why they won't pass to me. Everybody was very smart and I don’t like that.

“You have 11 players on the pitch — and they have to play together. Not only one player.

“If you put Thierry Henry or Trezeguet into this team, it would be difficult for them as well.

“We have a week to prepare for the game. The manager speaks and does a good job, everybody has the ball in training. But in a game it’s different.

“You have some people in the club who speak too much and I don’t like that.

“If you have a problem, talk to me face to face, then speak on the TV after that. I have seen five people on TV recently saying that Laurent Robert is not a good player. I don’t like that.

“I have come here to prove that I am a good player. Against Wigan I think some players thought it would be an easy game but it’s not easy every week.

“We need to work hard every week and play together. As well as trying to be strong we need to play with confidence — then we will win.”

Robert, 30, was given a lifeline by Pompey after he was dumped by Newcastle boss Graeme Souness following a series of bust-ups.

But he infuriated Perrin by refusing to sit on the bench for Portsmouth’s clash at Sunderland last month, claiming he was injured.

The Frenchman copped a £50,000 fine for his Stadium of Light sulk and was forced into a grovelling public apology.

This latest attack will aggravate boss Perrin and Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric even more.

Robert admits his antics at Sunderland were out of order — but insists he did not join the club just to sit on the bench.

He added: “That’s the problem now. I have come here to play every week. Sometimes I don’t play well and I stay on the bench.

“Last week was a mistake. My groin was injured and I was protecting myself first not the group. After that I spoke with the manger and he understood.

“Sometimes it’s difficult being here because some people think that once I have come here the team will win every week.”

"Everybody was very smart and I don’t like that."

You'd think he'd be used to it by now. Reading that, the bloke really is in his own little dream world. He said the same thing about people passing to him when he joined Newcastle.

“If you have a problem, talk to me face to face, then speak on the TV after that. I have seen five people on TV recently saying that Laurent Robert is not a good player. I don’t like that."

He said, whilst slagging his team mates off in a national newspaper :D

“If you have a problem, talk to me face to face, then speak on the TV after that. I have seen five people on TV recently saying that Laurent Robert is not a good player. I don’t like that."

He said, whilst slagging his team mates off in a national newspaper :D

53907[/snapback]

I hear the Randi Institute is offering a million dollars to anyone who can make Robert understand the irony of that situation.

He'll be in the paper tomorrow claiming he's been misinterpreted.  The bloke is a total wanker.

53903[/snapback]

Because the Sun would never do that. :D

Once again, if Robert is a total wanker, what does that make certain other individuals still at the club?

He has a tendency to shoot his mouth off true. But does Souness himself not do this? I expect you'll conveniently forget his frequent outbursts, at every club he has been with.

He'll be in the paper tomorrow claiming he's been misinterpreted.  The bloke is a total wanker.

53903[/snapback]

Because the Sun would never do that. :redcard:

Once again, if Robert is a total wanker, what does that make certain other individuals still at the club?

He has a tendency to shoot his mouth off true. But does Souness himself not do this? I expect you'll conveniently forget his frequent outbursts, at every club he has been with.

53912[/snapback]

:D:D:D

53903[/snapback]

53912[/snapback]

53913[/snapback]

Aye, why not produce a picture of a fisherman or something? Or you could always answer the points I made, of course. :puke:

I feel a bit sorry for him actually, he always seems to be bullied wherever he goes. I mean, the manager was nasty to him at PSG, NUFC, and now Pompey. Poor bugger, always the victim, coincidence surely?

53915[/snapback]

No more a coincidence than the fact Souness has been shit everywhere he has been probably.

53903[/snapback]

53912[/snapback]

53913[/snapback]

Aye, why not produce a picture of a fisherman or something? Or you could always answer the points I made, of course. :puke:

53917[/snapback]

What points man? How can you defend the bloke? I really don't understand why you don't give up. Whether Souness is prone to outbursts or not doesn't take away from the fact that Robert is a penis does it?

I feel a bit sorry for him actually, he always seems to be bullied wherever he goes. I mean, the manager was nasty to him at PSG, NUFC, and now Pompey. Poor bugger, always the victim, coincidence surely?

53915[/snapback]

No more a coincidence than the fact Souness has been shit everywhere he has been probably.

53922[/snapback]

I'm saying, I'm with Robert on this one, he's the victim. They're all racists.

53903[/snapback]

Because the Sun would never do that. :puke:

53912[/snapback]

53913[/snapback]

53917[/snapback]

trawler%20Portia%203.jpg

:redcard:

53922[/snapback]

This has nothing to do with Souness. Robert has proved himself to be a complete prick, can you honestly believe otherwise? That this is all some elaborate media hoax?

I know what you mean about how the media portray certain players but Robert's quite clearly taking the piss. You do have to feel sorry for him because he's bordering on retarded but not because he's been misrepresented.

53903[/snapback]

53912[/snapback]

53913[/snapback]

53917[/snapback]

What points man? How can you defend the bloke? I really don't understand why you don't give up. Whether Souness is prone to outbursts or not doesn't take away from the fact that Robert is a penis does it?

53925[/snapback]

I'm not particularly defending him. I know he can act like a dick, as lots of football players and managers can, and in many cases I believe are far worse. The question is, is he, or was he, worth the effort? I think yes, you think no, fair enough. None of this changes what he did or didn't do for us though - I'm not the one continually dragging these stories up.

And no, I wouldn't even wipe my arse on the S*n let alone believe anything they have to say. Neither would you if it didn't reinforce your stereotype I suspect, which is their intention.