Robert walks out on Portsmouth

Gemmill

It's entirely possible that The S*n did misrepresent him this time as Renton says. That said, you'd think he'd have the sense not to talk to the press at all given his record of foot-in-mouth incidents. Of course he may just be thick, a shit-stirrer or both.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more a coincidence than the fact Souness has been shit everywhere he has been probably.

53922[/snapback]

This has nothing to do with Souness. Robert has proved himself to be a complete prick, can you honestly believe otherwise? That this is all some elaborate media hoax?

I know what you mean about how the media portray certain players but Robert's quite clearly taking the piss. You do have to feel sorry for him because he's bordering on retarded but not because he's been misrepresented.

53929[/snapback]

When it comes to handling the media, Robert is a complete idiot, I concur. But then so is Roy Keane. So is Souness. IMO.

I'm not particularly defending him. I know he can act like a dick, as lots of football players and managers can, and in many cases I believe are far worse. The question is, is he, or was he, worth the effort? I think yes, you think no, fair enough. None of this changes what he did or didn't do for us though - I'm not the one continually dragging these stories up.

And no, I wouldn't even wipe my arse on the S*n let alone believe anything they have to say. Neither would you if it didn't reinforce your stereotype I suspect, which is their intention.

53931[/snapback]

Look Renton, here's a newsflash for you: THIS IS NOT MY OR ANYBODY ELSE'S STEROTYPE. IT IS WHAT LAURENT ROBERT IS REALLY LIKE.

How many times does he have to go to the press with this sort of shit before you get that? The "La la I'm not listening" approach can only be taken so long. Sooner or later you'll come to your senses. :D :D

It's entirely possible that The S*n did misrepresent him this time as Renton says. That said, you'd think he'd have the sense not to talk to the press at all given his record of foot-in-mouth incidents. Of course he may just be thick, a shit-stirrer or both.

53934[/snapback]

If he wanted to say it straight (behind his teammates backs) then why didnt he just put it on his website as usual? Though I think I'm right in recalling that he claimed he was misinterpreted on there too once. :D

Robson showed great patience with him, especially after his non-arsed display against Marseille where I personally feel he let his teamates down. Personally, I couldn't give a shit what he does anymore, as long as he doesn't do it for us again.

I agree that Robert is obviously a selfish character. But I never found those interviews he made during his Newcastle career as bad as they have been made out (mostly by the tabloids). This interview here is very stupid but a "scathing attack" looks different to me. It's definitely not in the Roy Keane league of bollocking your team mates. I think Sir Bobby was doing absolutely the right thing by ignoring Robert most of the time and just concentrate on his football talking.

I'm not particularly defending him. I know he can act like a dick, as lots of football players and managers can, and in many cases I believe are far worse. The question is, is he, or was he, worth the effort? I think yes, you think no, fair enough. None of this changes what he did or didn't do for us though - I'm not the one continually dragging these stories up.

And no, I wouldn't even wipe my arse on the S*n let alone believe anything they have to say. Neither would you if it didn't reinforce your stereotype I suspect, which is their intention.

53931[/snapback]

Look Renton, here's a newsflash for you: THIS IS NOT MY OR ANYBODY ELSE'S STEROTYPE. IT IS WHAT LAURENT ROBERT IS REALLY LIKE.

How many times does he have to go to the press with this sort of shit before you get that? The "La la I'm not listening" approach can only be taken so long. Sooner or later you'll come to your senses. :D :D

53937[/snapback]

He is stereotyped though, all the time. Terms like lazy French bastard are common currency, even when he's producing the goods. If its not a stereotype, where is the relevance that he's French?

Its funny how people go hysterical because he says a few inappropriate things to the press, which others do all the time. I don't really want to comment on this latest "outburst" because of its source. What I will say is though I rarely disagreed with what he said when he was with us, including the infamous pre-Sporting comments, all of which were irrefutably correct. I tend to get more wound up over players get involved in sex and alcohol scandals personally, and generally being a waste of space, but there you go.

53931[/snapback]

53937[/snapback]

He is stereotyped though, all the time. Terms like lazy French bastard are common currency, even when he's producing the goods. If its not a stereotype, where is the relevance that he's French?

Its funny how people go hysterical because he says a few inappropriate things to the press, which others do all the time. I don't really want to comment on this latest "outburst" because of its source. What I will say is though I rarely disagreed with what he said when he was with us, including the infamous pre-Sporting comments, all of which were irrefutably correct. I tend to get more wound up over players get involved in sex and alcohol scandals personally, and generally being a waste of space, but there you go.

53963[/snapback]

Man%20wearing%20blinkers%20looking%20worried.gif

53965[/snapback]

E031.jpg

53931[/snapback]

53937[/snapback]

53963[/snapback]

Man%20wearing%20blinkers%20looking%20worried.gif

53965[/snapback]

E031.jpg

53971[/snapback]

little_girl_hands_over_eyes_small.jpg

:D

evil.jpg

53974[/snapback]

So there we have Alex, Gemmill and Manc-Mac. But there is neither a fat ginger nor a bald chimp.

53975[/snapback]

20000130.jpg

capt.sge.bvj05.090605224822.photo00.photo.default-312x380.jpg

53988[/snapback]

:D

Fuck me gently!

Gemmill actually has a jacket like that one in the bottom pic an arl!