Kevin Keegan to do Q & A session

Christmas Tree

Keegan to field questions at Huntly

FRIEND OF THE CLUB AGREES TO VISIT

Published: 22/04/2009

FORMER England and Newcastle United mana-ger Kevin Keegan is taking part in a Sunday brunch at Huntly FC Social Club on May 31.

The Christie Park club’s director of football Andy Troup said: “We hope football supporters from far and near will come along to our social club.”

The event will start at 10.30am and former Highland League linesman Alistair Farquhar will entertain.

Troup said: “The highlight of the day will be an open question and answer session with Kevin, who will be in the area doing some youth development work with ourselves.

“Kevin has also agreed to stay on for a few hours after he has done his question and answer session in order to have a chat with those attending.

“Kevin has been a good friend to Huntly for several years now. The whole connection started through our chief executive Robin Dunseath’s business involvement with Sir Tom Farmer of Hibernian. We now run an annual Kevin Keegan scholarship when the most improved players from our youth teams go down and enjoy hospitality at Easter Road for a Hibs game on the Saturday, thanks to Sir Tom, and on the Sunday they attend Kevin’s soccer circus in Glasgow.

“I’m sure everyone who comes along will enjoy the pleasure of Kevin’s company immensely.”

Tickets for the event, costing £20, are on sale at Huntly FC’s social club at Christie Park, or by contacting Andy Troup on 07500 117382.

Canny away day to meet the messiah.

Do you accept any blame for the clubs current plight?

If you "love" Newcastle United so much, why have you now walked out on them twice as a manager without any explanation, preferring to turn yourself into a recluse instead?

I don't want to fucking hear about it at the minute Kevin. Put it in a book or something once our current situation has blown over. Anything finger-pointing and what-not would cause unrest that we just don't need at the minute.

I don't want to fucking hear about it at the minute Kevin. Put it in a book or something once our current situation has blown over. Anything finger-pointing and what-not would cause unrest that we just don't need at the minute.

It's the day after the cup final so we'll already be down.

Keegan certainly did give an explanation, which was brief but very clear. Players were 'imposed' on him, something he refused to accept, and which was contrary to public assurances by Wise, Ashley and Mort, whatever they say about the small print. The club have never denied this; in fact they've more or less confirmed it through statements Llambias made in January.

Beyond that, there's an ongoing legal compensation case. Just because he chooses not to whore himself out to the media doesn't make him a 'recluse'.

Do you accept any blame for the clubs current plight?

Why should he? They've had 30 league games and a transfer window since then and they still haven't rectified the problems with the squad he was talking about last summer, which is exactly why we are where we are.

If i had the money and owned the club I would re-appoint him in a heart beat.

Will always be a hero.

Still be by far the best choice (that would come) if he was allowed to be the "boss", and would be backed reasonably.

Still can't bring myself to blame him. Yes, I think it is justified to question him for walking out again (even though I agree with his stated reasons for doing so.) And yes, it is inconceivable that we would be anywhere near relegation let alone 3 points adrift and staring down the barrel. But the administration - the same one that lied to him, ruined his plans, and made his position untenable - could possibly have been forgiven if they'd had a plan. It's obvious, 30+ games later,that they never had a clue and the subsequent farce of Kinnear, Hughton, Kevin Nolan, selling Given, et al. is solely down to them. When we go down there's only one man who will be responsible and it won't be Kevin Keegan.

Funny how Curbishley walked out on West Ham for similar reasons yet they're aiming for Europe. And I wouldn't say they're exactly run by the best owners around. Compared to our owner though...

Funny how Curbishley walked out on West Ham for similar reasons yet they're aiming for Europe. And I wouldn't say they're exactly run by the best owners around. Compared to our owner though...

Aye, when you look at West Ham in envy you'd know your club is in the :unsure::razz:

I'd even say Curbishley probably walked out for less.

Aye, when you look at West Ham in envy you'd know your club is in the :unsure::razz:

Without a doubt.

Without a doubt.

Jumped before he was pushed imo

• 1 month later...

:D True gent.

I have an autograph for Gavin to if anyone would like it. He had a hard time hearing me when stuck between 6 drunk elderly Scottish folk. :lol:

I got him to re-do it though. :P