Coppell gone from Reading

Rob W

He seemed pretty downbeat yesterday before the match, didn't seem confident at all. That saying perhaps a change in management is what Reading need.

I've never seen him any other way as far as I can remember. He speaks with the enthusiasm of a man in his 26th year of selling life assurance.

Tbf i'm glad Reading aren't coming up. (In the case that we hopefully stay up) I'd rather go to Burnley or Sheff U than Reading for a day out.

Really? Both seem pretty grim to me on visits.

Had a couple of good nights out in Reading.

On about an away day surely though. Reading's fucking shit for a night out as well mind.

I feel that I need to defend my current residence here a bit. Not sure how long it's been since you tried it but it's getting better all the time. It's not amazing but it's canny night out.

Danny - Re: the birds, you went to an EMO club, what the fuck were you expecting?

As for an away day, the stadium is a long way out but I got the bus back in to town within 10-15 mins, no half hour queue like.

Tbf i'm glad Reading aren't coming up. (In the case that we hopefully stay up) I'd rather go to Burnley or Sheff U than Reading for a day out.

On about an away day surely though. Reading's fucking shit for a night out as well mind.

I feel that I need to defend my current residence here a bit. Not sure how long it's been since you tried it but it's getting better all the time. It's not amazing but it's canny night out.

Danny - Re: the birds, you went to an EMO club, what the fuck were you expecting?

As for an away day, the stadium is a long way out but I got the bus back in to town within 10-15 mins, no half hour queue like.

I think you are confused, I was defending reading.

Ps Emo chicks are great.

The town centre is crap. I'd imagine you get the odd good bar. Wetherspoons and the like.

ha ha. Chomp chomp.

I reckon you need to get out of town centre and into the orcale bit and the surrounding area thats where the turtle bar was.

But Purple Turtle and the Oracle are in the town centre... :o

There's some canny pubs out in Brock's neck of the woods, south of the stadium on the other side of the M4. Village-y type affairs but without the inbreeding.

The town centre is crap. I'd imagine you get the odd good bar. Wetherspoons and the like.

ha ha. Chomp chomp.

I reckon you need to get out of town centre and into the orcale bit and the surrounding area thats where the turtle bar was.

But Purple Turtle and the Oracle are in the town centre... :o

There's some canny pubs out in Brock's neck of the woods, south of the stadium on the other side of the M4. Village-y type affairs but without the inbreeding.

Im talking about away from the main drag with yates' / walkabouts on it and all that rubbish.

Ps Emo chicks are great.

Apologies, re-read your 1/10 comment and it was clearly about Burnley...

Ps Emo chicks are great.

Apologies, re-read your 1/10 comment and it was clearly about Burnley...

by 1/10 he clearly means that every lass he went at thought he accent was ridiculous and told him to fuck off

And the best name for a pub ever goes to...

Purple Turtle :o

Canny place it is too, as Danny said quite EMO'y but you're likely to see goths, chavs and business suits in equal numbers. Very random mix of invariably nice people, who just want to get pissed out of their heads.

As Ewerk said, he was going to leave this season regardless. He wanted to leave last season as well but was convinvced to stay on for one more. Should've gone after the debut season in the premiership. He was quite out of his depth in the transfer market, and lost the dressing room unfortunately. Couldn't get the players motivated and it showed this season. Really should've gone up with the team they had.

Absolute legend. Really is a cracking manager and quite gutted he's gone. It's thanks to him I've seen some magical football games, and seen the biggest teams in the country come to a stadium where not long ago we were watching Walsall and Blackpool etc slog it out.

Have to thank him for all he's done for the club, he's been a loyal servant and always comes accross as a thoroughly down to earth bloke. Wish him all the best! He's managed over 1000 games in his career so I think the guy is entitled to a rest!

As for nights out in Reading, there are some great village pubs near the ground. About 20 mins walk from the stadium. The Swan which is just off the Junction 11 of the M4, and The Farriers Arms (where I work!) up the hill from it. Meenz and I have had some good footy days getting a few beverages in and then walking up to the ground. :panic:

The town centre isn't up to much. Purple Turtle is only decent when it has a few people in, and like Danny said, it's rather emo-central. Cracking pinball machines there though. :D

Q bar is considered the main club of choice, it's where the likes of Leroy Lita frequent. Says all that needs to be said about the place tbh. :o

Better than a night out in Sheffield though. I was there not long ago and dear Christ I thought I was going to get jumped from any angle. Horrible, horrible city.

I'm glad Reading aren't coming back up because I don't consider them to be a proper football town. For the same reason, I'd like to see Hull, Wigan (both RL towns) and Portsmouth (too many sailors) get relegated.

:o