NE Clubs to sue

meshman

We're going down because we've been shit for the last 37 games. Not because Man Utd will play a weak team.

Quoted for truth.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going down because we've been shit for the last 37 games. Not because Man Utd will play a weak team.

well so have hull and sunderland, but we've played man u and chelsea mid season when they we're both still playing for the league and earned the 2 draws we've had against them

if hull and sunderland pick up points against those 2 with weakened sides then it is genuinely not fair considering how much is at stake, we aren't talking a mid table place and a difference of 1000000 prize money or whatever

Aye but we've thrown away games we should have won. As Alex said elsewhere, it's swings and roundabouts and tough shit and if it were happening to any other club than Newcastle you wouldn't blink an eyelid.

as opposed to hull and sunderland who haven't? every club in the relegation mire should have won some games they didn't

so my paying attention to it (or not) defines whether it is unfair or not?

Aye and there's as much chance that they'll go down as there is us. Tell me this, if we win, Hull win and Sunderland lose, will you be championing the Mackems' cause?

Why not argue that Liverpool didn't 'turn up' at the Riverside yet they tore us apart at SJP?

well that all depends on what sort of side chelsea play, if it is obviously a weakened one then they shoud have as much chance as hull and a better one than we do against a villa still fighting for something if, however, chelsea go full strength and man u dont then it wouuld be as much an injustice for them as it would for us

as for boro liverpool, pool were still chasing the league then, it mattered to them and, looking at the side they put out, they weren't fielding a load of reserves

Villa have nowt to play for either tbf and may not be trying their hardest. It's just the luck of the draw in the end.

true enough but at the same time, they can still get 5th and have no "more important" matches over the horizon

Quoted for truth.

while hull and sunderland have looked like world beaters?

I know we got ourselves into the position we are in but so have hull and sunderland and I just think its bullshit that both have potentially easy rides (certainly easier than we had against those 2 teams) at such an incredibly important stage of the season

Quoted for truth.

while hull and sunderland have looked like world beaters?

I know we got ourselves into the position we are in but so have hull and sunderland and I just think its bullshit that both have potentially easy rides (certainly easier than we had against those 2 teams) at such an incredibly important stage of the season

We have been run appallingly and we probably deserve to go down because of that.

Curbishley and Keegan left within a week of each other - one club fucked around, one didn't.

West Ham are 9th, we are 18th and I wouldn't say there's that much difference between the squads.

The fans don't deserve it but Ashley does.

I agree with Andrew how it would be unfair if we went down because of man utd playing a weakened side but i don't think we have any right to sue them. Also about this point:

'Tell me this, if we win, Hull win and Sunderland lose, will you be championing the Mackems' cause?'

That is such a shite arguement. A football fan is only going to care about his own team. He may agree it's unfair on sunderland but he's not going to give a shit especially when they are our rivals.

I've seen the side they reckon he'll put out and I'd happily swap our shower of shite for it, the final nail in the coffin of this season if we tried to sue. Usual Ashley reasoning, blame someone else for our serious failings.

The thing that will really annoy me is if Tevez doesn't play. He hasn't played much football this season so there is no need to rest him for the final where he probably wont even start anyway.

I've seen the side they reckon he'll put out and I'd happily swap our shower of shite for it, the final nail in the coffin of this season if we tried to sue. Usual Ashley reasoning, blame someone else for our serious failings.

I agree with this but if there is a rule that you have to play a strong squad it should be enforced without us needing to take action.

At the end of the day though it won't be Manure that I will be complaining about come Sunday night.

who decides a "strong" squad though? If you're good enough to be on Manu books then frankly you're good enough for the Prem

Unless your names Alan Smith

who decides a "strong" squad though? If you're good enough to be on Manu books then frankly you're good enough for the Prem

Well this is where you would need to know exactly what the rule is. I would suspect that it's wording makes anything other than playing the under 12 team fine. And if that's the case then there's no argument.

I would argue though that the damage they could do by playing a weak team would be no different than the so called advantage West Ham had by playing Tevez.

Aye, because Smith is starting for them against Barca next week...hang on...

If a club goes down, it's no-one's fault but their own. 3 teams get relegated for a reason, and the league table doesn't lie. It would make all clubs involved seem bitter and pathetic.

Fergie can put out whatever team he likes. It's a meaningless game for his team, so why shouldn't he be allowed to field a team who will be willing to prove themselves at this level?

Aye, because Smith is starting for them against Barca next week...hang on...

If a club goes down, it's no-one's fault but their own. 3 teams get relegated for a reason, and the league table doesn't lie. It would make all clubs involved seem bitter and pathetic.

Fergie can put out whatever team he likes. It's a meaningless game for his team, so why shouldn't he be allowed to field a team who will be willing to prove themselves at this level?

'If you're good enough to be on Manu books then frankly you're good enough for the Prem'

Was Alan Smith on Man Utds books? Yes he was.

Is Alan Smith good enough for the prem? No he isn't

'Aye, because Smith is starting for them against Barca next week...hang on...'

Are the players that are likely to be starting against Hull at the weekend, e.g. Macheda, Wellbeck, Gibson, etc. going to be starting for them against barca next week? ...hang on....

well so have hull and sunderland, but we've played man u and chelsea mid season when they we're both still playing for the league and earned the 2 draws we've had against them

if hull and sunderland pick up points against those 2 with weakened sides then it is genuinely not fair considering how much is at stake, we aren't talking a mid table place and a difference of 1000000 prize money or whatever

Aye but we've thrown away games we should have won. As Alex said elsewhere, it's swings and roundabouts and tough shit and if it were happening to any other club than Newcastle you wouldn't blink an eyelid.

as opposed to hull and sunderland who haven't? every club in the relegation mire should have won some games they didn't

Aye and there's as much chance that they'll go down as there is us. Tell me this, if we win, Hull win and Sunderland lose, will you be championing the Mackems' cause?

Why not argue that Liverpool didn't 'turn up' at the Riverside yet they tore us apart at SJP?

well that all depends on what sort of side chelsea play, if it is obviously a weakened one then they shoud have as much chance as hull and a better one than we do against a villa still fighting for something if, however, chelsea go full strength and man u dont then it wouuld be as much an injustice for them as it would for us

In you mind perhaps but would you shout and holler about it or would you shrug and say tough shit?

We're in this mess because we've been garbage - if we get relegated, it's no one elses fault but our own. We've been well aware for quite some time what the fixtures have been.

If we go down, it'll be deserved and to try suing another club because of it would be, petty, pathetic, ridiculous and for once, deserving of all the ridicule that we'd be offered.

If they're registered as premier league players, no rule has been broken. End of.

In you mind perhaps but would you shout and holler about it or would you shrug and say tough shit?

We're in this mess because we've been garbage - if we get relegated, it's no one elses fault but our own. We've been well aware for quite some time what the fixtures have been.

If we go down, it'll be deserved and to try suing another club because of it would be, petty, pathetic, ridiculous and for once, deserving of all the ridicule that we'd be offered.

as markT said that is such a shit argument, honestly might as well ask you how often you go on mackem matches

I would argue though that the damage they could do by playing a weak team would be no different than the so called advantage West Ham had by playing Tevez.

if I was a red though I would argue the damage that could be done to the likes of tevez, rooney etc playing against a team of desperate sloggers. Damage to them is damaging man u's chances in the biggest competition going (and for that matter English FA pride)

The rule's (deliberately) too nebulous to be enforced anyway.

yep, this is a pontless argument in the end since there would be no consequences for the team putting out a weakend side

this "rule" is only their so the FA or premier league or whoever can claim they have a rule in place to stop this sort of action

as markT said that is such a shit argument, honestly might as well ask you how often you go on mackem matches

But it isn't a shit argument and it's totally valid.

By your response, you're saying it's only an issue because it effects us. Likewise, If SAF plays his kids on Saturday and they thrash Hull, you'll say nothing about it.

You need to accept that if we go down, it's because of 3,420 minutes of football, not just the last 90.

my argument is the thought of the club we love being made to look petty and stupid by pushing the blame onto the worlds most successful club in a sort of "the bigger boys are to blame not us" way.

If we go down I want to see apologies and humility not spite and blame shifting

my argument is the thought of the club we love being made to look petty and stupid by pushing the blame onto the worlds most successful club in a sort of "the bigger boys are to blame not us" way.

If we go down I want to see apologies and humility not spite and blame shifting

In a nut shell.