NE Clubs to sue

meshman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going down because we've been shit for the last 37 games. Not because Man Utd will play a weak team.

well so have hull and sunderland, but we've played man u and chelsea mid season when they we're both still playing for the league and earned the 2 draws we've had against them

if hull and sunderland pick up points against those 2 with weakened sides then it is genuinely not fair considering how much is at stake, we aren't talking a mid table place and a difference of 1000000 prize money or whatever

Aye but we've thrown away games we should have won. As Alex said elsewhere, it's swings and roundabouts and tough shit and if it were happening to any other club than Newcastle you wouldn't blink an eyelid.

as opposed to hull and sunderland who haven't? every club in the relegation mire should have won some games they didn't

so my paying attention to it (or not) defines whether it is unfair or not?

Aye and there's as much chance that they'll go down as there is us. Tell me this, if we win, Hull win and Sunderland lose, will you be championing the Mackems' cause?

Why not argue that Liverpool didn't 'turn up' at the Riverside yet they tore us apart at SJP?

well that all depends on what sort of side chelsea play, if it is obviously a weakened one then they shoud have as much chance as hull and a better one than we do against a villa still fighting for something if, however, chelsea go full strength and man u dont then it wouuld be as much an injustice for them as it would for us

In you mind perhaps but would you shout and holler about it or would you shrug and say tough shit?

We're in this mess because we've been garbage - if we get relegated, it's no one elses fault but our own. We've been well aware for quite some time what the fixtures have been.

If we go down, it'll be deserved and to try suing another club because of it would be, petty, pathetic, ridiculous and for once, deserving of all the ridicule that we'd be offered.

as markT said that is such a shit argument, honestly might as well ask you how often you go on mackem matches

But it isn't a shit argument and it's totally valid.

By your response, you're saying it's only an issue because it effects us. Likewise, If SAF plays his kids on Saturday and they thrash Hull, you'll say nothing about it.

You need to accept that if we go down, it's because of 3,420 minutes of football, not just the last 90.

No I'm saying I only care because it affects us since I am a newcastle fan

it wouldnt be anyless bullshit if it was happening to someone else I just wouldn't be that bothered because I dont support anyone else

and of course I won't complain if uniteds kids murder hull, why would I? that would be the likely outcome if the first team played them

I'm well aware that if we go down its our fault that still doesnt make the fact that man u can play nobodies in such a monumental game less bollocks from a "fairplay showing respect to the importance of the fixtures/league" point of view

There is a Premier League rule about fielding a weakend side ? Fuck me, we should keep our heads down incase some notices our previous 37 games ! :good:

Personally I think Man U will beat Hull convincingly whoever they put out and this wont even be a talking point, I think most of us are far less optimistic about us even getting a point against an out of form Villa...