Krul or Foster in goal then?

Flair

I think it is time for Harper to go. I can't see him improving any further.

I still think Harper is a top professional btw, just time he moved on.

Edited by Attain

Why is that because a deflected shot that probably no other keeper would have got to went past him?

No because he can't develop any further. Time for young talent to be given the chance. Idiot, I also pointed that out.

Edited by Attain

So we take a proven shot stopper out of the team for what reason exactly?

The youngsters will still be young in a season or two.

Harper is a very good goalkeeper, its the rest of the team that needs adjusting.

Idiot.

He is ok but not very good. He hasn't set the world alight has he? Youngsters need to be given a chance and what better place than the Championship. You are a mong btw.

Edited by Attain

If we don't give Krul his chance now he will be off too. There were a couple of decent Dutch sides linked with him last summer and whispers of interest from Chelsea. I really cannot see him being happy as a back up keeper in the Championship.

Saying that would it surprise anyone to see Ashley cash in on him?

Thats the worrying thing for me, whilst a lot of us are trying to take positives and looking at the likes of Taylor, Guthrie, Krul etc to play a big part can we really trust that the clowns in charge will not let them go at the first possible chance they get?

Harper is a very good goalkeeper, its the rest of the team that needs adjusting.

Idiot.

He is ok but not very good. He hasn't set the world alight has he? Youngsters need to be given a chance and what better place than the Championship.

the reserves

If we don't give Krul his chance now he will be off too. There were a couple of decent Dutch sides linked with him last summer and whispers of interest from Chelsea. I really cannot see him being happy as a back up keeper in the Championship.

Saying that would it surprise anyone to see Ashley cash in on him?

Thats the worrying thing for me, whilst a lot of us are trying to take positives and looking at the likes of Taylor, Guthrie, Krul etc to play a big part can we really trust that the clowns in charge will not let them go at the first possible chance they get?

Exactly. Harper is part of the dead wood at the club. Top bloke but time he moved on.

Good plan. All we need is 11 young and ambitious players (that are better than everyone outside of NUFC thinks), heart on their sleeves, hungry, 110%, die for the cause, play for the club, [insertyourownfootballism], doesn't matter if they are unproven and/or just rubbish, we'll clearly walk the Championship and rip the Premiership to shreds the season after. :lol:

The very last thing we need to do is get rid of proven decent Premiership quality players that 1) will stay and 2) aren't that expensive.

Harper will imo be the best keeper in the championship by a country mile next season, he's still better than at least 4 or 5 PL first choice keepers as well, so in that sense it would be foolish to let him go.

However, the Dutch coaches rate Krul very highly and he has been touted as future Holland no1 for some years now so I'd be very wary of losing him.

I think if he's happy to wait another season or two (he's still extremely young in Keeper years) then I think we should stick with Harper and groom Krul to be the next no1 for years to come, if in fact he is the real deal.

Good plan. All we need is 11 young and ambitious players (that are better than everyone outside of NUFC thinks), heart on their sleeves, hungry, 110%, die for the cause, play for the club, [insertyourownfootballism], doesn't matter if they are unproven and/or just rubbish, we'll clearly walk the Championship and rip the Premiership to shreds the season after. :lol:

The very last thing we need to do is get rid of proven decent Premiership quality players that 1) will stay and 2) aren't that expensive.

We will be in the playoffs atleast if that happened.

Edited by Attain

We will get pretty near the playoffs if that happened.

That is what a lot of people seem to believe. Given that it is so easy it's fairly surprising everyone isn't doing it.

I'm all for blooding the youngsters in the championship, dont get me wrong on that one, but Harper IMO as has been said will best goalkeeper in the championship, he will stay because he is very loyal, his wages arent through the roof, and hes proven at premier league level.

changes for the rest of the team YES....Goalkeeper wise...NO!

I'm all for blooding the youngsters in the championship, dont get me wrong on that one, but Harper IMO as has been said will best goalkeeper in the championship, he will stay because he is very loyal, his wages arent through the roof, and hes proven at premier league level.

changes for the rest of the team YES....Goalkeeper wise...NO!

He definitely will not be the best goalkeeper.

Idiot.

I disagree.

Harper is a good shot stopper, but on the whole a poor goalkeeper.

Forster is a good young keeper and he's very vocal and in command of his box, a good shot stopper and a good kicker.

Haven't seen too much of Krul but he stepped up very well in that UEFA cup game, Palermo IIRC.

However I would trust Harper with the role, he's experienced and he's a very good keeper, you don't just get rid of a player like Harper, especially when he's been at the club for 16 years waiting for his chance.

I saw a couple of games when krul was on loan to falkirk(?) he has excellent reactions - forster is all power and size very commanding and quite agile for a big lad-both are good players but knowing the club policy they will sell which ever one they can get the most for and keep harper no.1

I want Krul to be the no1, Harper is ok as a back up, I mean yesterday he made that save, but he made it look good and others could easily of caught it, he's too slow at getting the ball back in play which is a pain in the ass if were losing and clearing is shocking. It's either in row z even if their is a Newcastle player about, and yesterday I lost count of how many times he kept the ball when a player was coming onto him, instead of kicking it away, he also likes to take them on.

And I can't say anthing more about Krul then Palermo. It speaks for itself.

I want Krul to be the no1, Harper is ok as a back up, I mean yesterday he made that save, but he made it look good and others could easily of caught it, he's too slow at getting the ball back in play which is a pain in the ass if were losing and clearing is shocking. It's either in row z even if their is a Newcastle player about, and yesterday I lost count of how many times he kept the ball when a player was coming onto him, instead of kicking it away, he also likes to take them on.

Most of Harpers so called faults, usually come from the back line putting him under frequent and unnecessary pressure.

Whilst I do rate Krul through what I have seen of him at his time at Falkirk, you cannot judge a player on one game.

David Marshall was just as good against Barcelona for Celtic.