Players we could (realistically) sign?

smoggeordie

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

Only players I'd want would be Pedro Mendes, the young Hamilton midfielder who isn't James McArthur, and Andrew Driver.

I wouldn't want Driver at all, yes he is young but has shown all the signs of Gutierrez in that he can take a man on but once he does it more often than not his cross leads to a goal kick. As for everyone slagging off Balde, I do reckon he would come in and do a great job; strong, powerfull, wins every header, deceptively quick and his only real weakness is his ability to play the ball out of defence. For a free transfer we could certainly do worse than him.

Guest Stevie
I wouldn't want Driver at all, yes he is young but has shown all the signs of Gutierrez in that he can take a man on but once he does it more often than not his cross leads to a goal kick. As for everyone slagging off Balde, I do reckon he would come in and do a great job; strong, powerfull, wins every header, deceptively quick and his only real weakness is his ability to play the ball out of defence. For a free transfer we could certainly do worse than him.

Surely if he's not good enough for Celtic he's not good enough for us? Just a thought like. Always came across as a mercenary to me.

Surely if he's not good enough for Celtic he's not good enough for us? Just a thought like. Always came across as a mercenary to me.

That's the thing he is good enough for Celtic who have constantly played the awfull McManus under Strachan much to the anger of the Celtic fans. He stayed put and has always said how much he loved their club and their fans. They tried to get him to sign some sort of gag order as well which was all a bit strange so it seems he has been frozen out for non-footballing reasons.

I always thought Bobo was Celtic's answer to Titus B. (first name terms like.)

My list.

Kyle Naughton - Sheff Utd - RB - £6million apparantly, Papers say the Blades rejected a £2million offer from Villa and are holding out for £6million but I'm sure he'll be cheaper than that

Danny Fox - Coventry - LB - Would only cost a couple of mill and would jump at the chance of joining us I'd imagine.

Jordi Gomez - Espanyol - CM - Spent last season on loan at Swansea, it's been quoted £3million would take him away from them, not bad, would add some creativity to the midfield for sure.

Fabien Delph - Leeds - CM - Would cost a fair bit but what a prospect, really like this guy, can only get better.

James McCarthy - Hamilton - CM - If we can snatch him away from the other clubs, it'll be like a mini coup, would be a great signing.

Simon Cox - Swindon - ST - Scored a crazy amount of goals last season, young, has a good finish on him and wouldn't be that expensive.

Jermaine Beckford - Leeds - ST - On the list, quite prolific, would definitley join us and they look like they wanna cash in on him.

Joe Mattock - Leicester - LB - Would be harder to get now that they've been promoted but looks a canny youngster.

Andrew Surman - Southampton - CM - Looks really good, has a good strike on him, nice creativity and he's still young, would be an excellent signing.

Adam Lallana - Southampton - CM - Haven't seen this guy play but from what I've heard, one of Southampton's bright prospects.

George Boyd/Craig Mackail Smith/Aaron McLean - Peterbrough - LM/ST/ST - Trio from Peterbrough, granted it's going to be hard to get all three of them, especially now they've been promoted but I think we should really try and get them, particually Boyd and Mackail-Smith.

Medy Elito - Colchester - RM - Haven't seen this lad in action but from what I've heard, he's 19 and he's getting raving reviews, was linked with us last year I think.

Kris Boyd - Rangers - ST - Just because I like Rangers and he seems to be prolific up there yet still out of favour. Although I've heard he's not as good as his goals suggest.

The only positions I have no idea about are the wingers and the centre halfs but I'd be glad with a few of those out that list.

I always thought Bobo was Celtic's answer to Titus B. (first name terms like.)

My list.

Kyle Naughton - Sheff Utd - RB - £6million apparantly, Papers say the Blades rejected a £2million offer from Villa and are holding out for £6million but I'm sure he'll be cheaper than that

Danny Fox - Coventry - LB - Would only cost a couple of mill and would jump at the chance of joining us I'd imagine.

Jordi Gomez - Espanyol - CM - Spent last season on loan at Swansea, it's been quoted £3million would take him away from them, not bad, would add some creativity to the midfield for sure.

Fabien Delph - Leeds - CM - Would cost a fair bit but what a prospect, really like this guy, can only get better.

James McCarthy - Hamilton - CM - If we can snatch him away from the other clubs, it'll be like a mini coup, would be a great signing.

Simon Cox - Swindon - ST - Scored a crazy amount of goals last season, young, has a good finish on him and wouldn't be that expensive.

Jermaine Beckford - Leeds - ST - On the list, quite prolific, would definitley join us and they look like they wanna cash in on him.

Joe Mattock - Leicester - LB - Would be harder to get now that they've been promoted but looks a canny youngster.

Andrew Surman - Southampton - CM - Looks really good, has a good strike on him, nice creativity and he's still young, would be an excellent signing.

Adam Lallana - Southampton - CM - Haven't seen this guy play but from what I've heard, one of Southampton's bright prospects.

George Boyd/Craig Mackail Smith/Aaron McLean - Peterbrough - LM/ST/ST - Trio from Peterbrough, granted it's going to be hard to get all three of them, especially now they've been promoted but I think we should really try and get them, particually Boyd and Mackail-Smith.

Medy Elito - Colchester - RM - Haven't seen this lad in action but from what I've heard, he's 19 and he's getting raving reviews, was linked with us last year I think.

Kris Boyd - Rangers - ST - Just because I like Rangers and he seems to be prolific up there yet still out of favour. Although I've heard he's not as good as his goals suggest.

The only positions I have no idea about are the wingers and the centre halfs but I'd be glad with a few of those out that list.

Doubt that Kris Boyd would choose Championship football over Champions League. And why would anyone like rangers :wub:

Well a few people have said that looking for the relatively cheap Scottish players might be a good option instead of paying an inflated fee for the equivelant English players. So thought I would lay out a list of Scottish based players we could realistically sign, that would also be good for the future of NUFC.

Leigh Griffiths (Livingston) - Young striker playing for an unfashionable club, has bundles of potential and at only 18 looks sure to have a very bright future ahead of him. Livi have severe financial problems so have put a fee of only £100,000 on him, buttons for a prospect.

James McArthur (Hamilton) - Not the player that has been linked with Liverpool and Celtic repeatedly, but this player is a tenacious midfielder with that bit of snarl that likes to cover his back four. Would most likely jump at the chance to move to the NE and unlike Butt and Nolan he can pass a ball.

Paul Dixon (Dundee United) - If we don't manage to hold on to Enrique then we could do with an attacking full back like Dixon who gets up and down the wing all day and also has excellent delivery.

Lee Wallace (Hearts) - Left back again, who doesn't get half the credit of the winger infront of him (Driver), but while Driver reminds me of Gutierez in the fact that he can take a man on but his delivery is terrible. Wallace is the player who has always stood out for me, he is a player I would reckon is Premiership bound in the future.

Andy Dorman (St Mirren) - Midfielder who has a pearler of a left foot, of the players mentioned so far he would be the riskiest one as I haven't seen him as often as I would've liked but what I have seen he seems to have the ability to change a match.

Bobo Balde (Celtic) - Big strong defender who is out of contract so wouldn't require a fee, was frozen out at Celtic by Gordon Strachan for reasons unknown, but under Martin O'Neill was a collosus. No nonsense type player of which we could be doing with.

Well anyway, feel free to shoot down any of them but when I see people suggesting Jason Scotland who was never that good a player up here then it makes me think if any others could make a big impact if they moved.

e mail this to the club.

Yeah true, he rejected Birmingham in January I think, although if the manager accepts a bid for him and tells him he's not wanted, it could be another story.

I had a great game with them on CM4 :wub:

Well a few people have said that looking for the relatively cheap Scottish players might be a good option instead of paying an inflated fee for the equivelant English players. So thought I would lay out a list of Scottish based players we could realistically sign, that would also be good for the future of NUFC.

Leigh Griffiths (Livingston) - Young striker playing for an unfashionable club, has bundles of potential and at only 18 looks sure to have a very bright future ahead of him. Livi have severe financial problems so have put a fee of only £100,000 on him, buttons for a prospect.

James McArthur (Hamilton) - Not the player that has been linked with Liverpool and Celtic repeatedly, but this player is a tenacious midfielder with that bit of snarl that likes to cover his back four. Would most likely jump at the chance to move to the NE and unlike Butt and Nolan he can pass a ball.

Paul Dixon (Dundee United) - If we don't manage to hold on to Enrique then we could do with an attacking full back like Dixon who gets up and down the wing all day and also has excellent delivery.

Lee Wallace (Hearts) - Left back again, who doesn't get half the credit of the winger infront of him (Driver), but while Driver reminds me of Gutierez in the fact that he can take a man on but his delivery is terrible. Wallace is the player who has always stood out for me, he is a player I would reckon is Premiership bound in the future.

Andy Dorman (St Mirren) - Midfielder who has a pearler of a left foot, of the players mentioned so far he would be the riskiest one as I haven't seen him as often as I would've liked but what I have seen he seems to have the ability to change a match.

Bobo Balde (Celtic) - Big strong defender who is out of contract so wouldn't require a fee, was frozen out at Celtic by Gordon Strachan for reasons unknown, but under Martin O'Neill was a collosus. No nonsense type player of which we could be doing with.

Well anyway, feel free to shoot down any of them but when I see people suggesting Jason Scotland who was never that good a player up here then it makes me think if any others could make a big impact if they moved.

e mail this to the club.

Greg should do it. Citing his work on the development of the FM games as proof he knows what he's talking about.

also, you're a German mentalist... fyi

e mail this to the club.

Greg should do it. Citing his work on the development of the FM games as proof he knows what he's talking about.

also, you're a German mentalist... fyi

I wasn't offering to e mail it donkey.

Anyway my time is taken up sending horses heads.

I wasn't telling you to Sausage botherer!

What're you predictions for sunderland?

Are you getting fresh gay boy?

Are you getting fresh gay boy?

No, all my gays are made prior to delivery. Sorry.

Matt Derbyshire for £3m? Thought not.

You missed out on Aaron Mokoena on a bosman. He's just gone to Pompey!

I think he wanted top flight football

Possibly, but he also wanted to play regularly, which Newcastle can offer.

Did you get into the top 4 after all?

No 8th. Where did Blackburn finish? Think you'll ever finish above Spurs again? Enjoy your relegation fight next season

No 8th. Where did Blackburn finish? Think you'll ever finish above Spurs again? Enjoy your relegation fight next season

:lol:

Mate, some of you Spurs fans are awful. Every season, 'we're going to be 4th, team x,y, and z are nothing when compared to the mighty Spurs......and so on.' The deluded arrogance of some is irritating to say the least. The crap that was spouting forth before the Worthington Cup final all those years ago really put me off Spurs as a club. Loads of Spurs fans ringing the phone in shows going on about how crap Rovers are, how Hoddle was taking you to Europe etc. And then we won, and the graceless behaviour from you lot just added to it. David Bentley didn't help matters, but then that's more a reflection on him.

That's why I really do not like Spurs. You may be a top bloke in other ways, but when it comes to football, its just not happening.

Mate, some of you Spurs fans are awful. Every season, 'we're going to be 4th, team x,y, and z are nothing when compared to the mighty Spurs......and so on.' The deluded arrogance of some is irritating to say the least. The crap that was spouting forth before the Worthington Cup final all those years ago really put me off Spurs as a club. Loads of Spurs fans ringing the phone in shows going on about how crap Rovers are, how Hoddle was taking you to Europe etc. And then we won, and the graceless behaviour from you lot just added to it. David Bentley didn't help matters, but then that's more a reflection on him.

That's why I really do not like Spurs. You may be a top bloke in other ways, but when it comes to football, its just not happening.

:lol:

Wait your talking as if it was i that started rattling your cage??! I have not come on here, a Blackburn forum or any Spurs forums talking about Spurs Champions league chances. Even when we were 4th in the 2005-06 season going in to the last game I had my doubts... which were confirmed as we all got the runs.

Don't get me started on David Bentley, have him... he is all yours. Waste of money