Had a real craving today for...

Park Life

Beef Mince

Onion

flour

beef stock

Brown mince and onion, dust with flour, add stock,(you can add a touch of ale here if you want),simmer

Flour

Suet

Seasoning

Parsley

Combine the flour and suet( eg 150g flour,50g suet)

season

add fresh chopped parsley

add water until you have a dryish dough.

roll into balls

put the mince in a casserole, add the dumplings,

cook for about 30 mins until dumplings have cooked

eat

be happy.

( and not a microwave in sight :lol: )

Edited by Monkeys Fist

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beef Mince

Onion

flour

beef stock

Brown mince and onion, dust with flour, add stock,(you can add a touch of ale here if you want),simmer

Flour

Suet

Seasoning

Parsley

Combine the flour and suet( eg 150g flour,50g suet)

season

add fresh chopped parsley

add water until you have a dryish dough.

roll into balls

put the mince in a casserole, add the dumplings,

cook for about 30 mins until dumplings have cooked

eat

be happy.

( and not a microwave in sight :lol: )

Bootiful. ;)

Made the best pasta for the Mrs last night as it was our 18 month anniversary ( ;) ).

I had this stuff in America at an italian bistro, and it was absolutely delicious, so I tried to make it myself.

Sauteed some red pepper in a pan with garlic, then added about a glass of white wine (the restaurant used Marsala wine but Iouldn't find it, so had to make do). Then once that was simmering I added plenty of fresh spinach leaves. Cooked for about a minute then poured in a generous amount of double cream (I might see if single would work just as well in the future), before stirring in a few spoonfulls of grated parmesan.

Oh aye, also threw in a few sprigs of thyme and chopped parsley as the thing was cooking.

Salute. :lol:

Made the best pasta for the Mrs last night as it was our 18 month anniversary ( ;) ).

I had this stuff in America at an italian bistro, and it was absolutely delicious, so I tried to make it myself.

Sauteed some red pepper in a pan with garlic, then added about a glass of white wine (the restaurant used Marsala wine but Iouldn't find it, so had to make do). Then once that was simmering I added plenty of fresh spinach leaves. Cooked for about a minute then poured in a generous amount of double cream (I might see if single would work just as well in the future), before stirring in a few spoonfulls of grated parmesan.

Oh aye, also threw in a few sprigs of thyme and chopped parsley as the thing was cooking.

Salute. ;)

:lol:

Runny eggs, sausage, chips for me with HP sauce. All of which are available in NZ, only the sausages are generally gash.

Get tooled up mate.

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/mincers.html

5mincer.jpg

:lol: I'm British. I would much rather complain about the lack of decent sausages than make them myself.

Apparently there's a decent sausage shop near where I live that's the shizzle. Run by........a Gorman! Wunderbar!

18 month anniversary FFS.

I'm embarrassed for you.

Aw that takes me back. Wait untill you have been together 28 years, We just about remembered our 25 wedding anniversary last year! :lol:

Back to food, today I'm going to a picturesque oldey worldey village in Torquay called Cockington to have a cream tea. Tea tonight will be a slow cooked pork meal...diced pork, chopped tomatoes, red peppers, red onion, stock, mixed herbs left to marinade this morning and cooked slowly in the oven served with brocoli and mashed pots.

Edited by Toonraider

Made the best pasta for the Mrs last night as it was our 18 month anniversary ( :razz: ).

Salute. :lol:

She's a vegetarian, hence your avatar, right? :aye:

I'm embarrassed for you.

Aw that takes me back. Wait untill you have been together 28 years, We just about remembered our 25 wedding anniversary last year! :aye:

Back to food, today I'm going to a picturesque oldey worldey village in Torquay called Cockington to have a cream tea. Tea tonight will be a slow cooked pork meal...diced pork, chopped tomatoes, red peppers, red onion, stock, mixed herbs left to marinade this morning and cooked slowly in the oven served with brocoli and mashed pots.

Get a bit of red wine in there and some white garlic balsamic ffs... :lol:

Runny eggs, sausage, chips for me with HP sauce. All of which are available in NZ, only the sausages are generally gash.

Get tooled up mate.

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/mincers.html

5mincer.jpg

:aye: I'm British. I would much rather complain about the lack of decent sausages than make them myself.

Apparently there's a decent sausage shop near where I live that's the shizzle. Run by........a Gorman! Wunderbar!

Should be a sausage master. :lol:

Made the best pasta for the Mrs last night as it was our 18 month anniversary ( :blush: ).

Salute. :)

She's a vegetarian, hence your avatar, right? B)

Got it in one. :D

I'm embarrassed for you.

Aw that takes me back. Wait untill you have been together 28 years, We just about remembered our 25 wedding anniversary last year! B)

I'm sure this post has some sort of sexual under current :)

I'm embarrassed for you.

Aw that takes me back. Wait untill you have been together 28 years, We just about remembered our 25 wedding anniversary last year! :)

I'm sure this post has some sort of sexual under current :D

:blush:B)