Man U are paying £69m interest a year on their debts.

Park Life

Manchester United's owners are £1.1bn in debt - £400m more than previously known - after borrowing extensively against their shopping mall business.

BBC Panorama has found evidence that the Glazer family's debt levels may threaten their hold on the club.

A spokesman for the American family has said it holds more than £2bn in assets.

But the extent of the debt owed by the Glazers is likely to fuel a continuing revolt by some supporters, who oppose their ownership of the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/10237268.stm

Sorry FCUM, but I can't wait for the day Fergie goes and it all falls apart. :angry:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was reading the Grauniad this morning (sorry Leazes) and they reckon the Glazers have mortgages on all of their shopping malls with many of the malls having rents lower than the repayments. The made 9m profit last year from 68 shopping malls in total but a lot of their other business is at risk.

Made me think, they dont sound like they are that rich, just leveraged to fuck on a load of assets.

Was reading the Grauniad this morning (sorry Leazes) and they reckon the Glazers have mortgages on all of their shopping malls with many of the malls having rents lower than the repayments. The made 9m profit last year from 68 shopping malls in total but a lot of their other business is at risk.

Made me think, they dont sound like they are that rich, just leveraged to fuck on a load of assets.

For people with seemingly loads of money it looks like they know more about borrowing than making money...

dear dear me.

All those ManU fans should have been worried about their clubs finances when they were winning those titles and the European Cup. :angry:

Wonder what Ashleysskidmarks thinks of this.........

dear dear me.

All those ManU fans should have been worried about their clubs finances when they were winning those titles and the European Cup. :angry:

They were to be fair. There were massive protests.

Do you know what FCUM is btw? Not just some blokes username.

dear dear me.

Most Man U fans are probably more worried they didn't win the title or the champions league or the FA cup this year after selling the best player in the world (smashing the transfer record) and not replacing him.

Don't you see a correlation between that and the debt?

Selling club tbh.

Edited by Happy Face

dear dear me.

Most Man U fans are probably more worried they didn't win the title or the champions league or the FA cup this year after selling the best player in the world (smashing the transfer record) and not replacing him.

Selling club tbh.

you obviously think you can win trophies in football without being in debt

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

I don't know how you've made that leap like.

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

it's a basic enough point.

Surley its common sense that you want to be somewhere between out of control debt and tightening the purse strings so much so its neglacting the duty to invest & strenghten the team?

Edited by timnufc

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

I made exactly the same point as you myself, I fail to see how you can suggest I think any differently.

They had to sell Ronaldo because the debt's out of control. They can't afford more debt and therefore they can't afford the title or the European cup.

You're suggesting the spiraling debt over the last 5 years under Glazer is an inevitable result of winning things, even though they won stuff for a decade before that with a perfectly manageable debt.

Edited by Happy Face

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

I made exactly the same point as you myself, I fail to see how you can suggest I think any differently.

They had to sell Ronaldo because the debt's out of control. They can't afford more debt and therefore they can't afford the title or the European cup.

You're suggesting the spiraling debt over the last 5 years under Glazer is an inevitable result of winning things, even though they won stuff for a decade before that with a perfectly manageable debt.

and a smaller stadium. *ahem*

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

No I am not. I'm saying they realise that if you want to win things, you have to have the best players and pay the going rate to beat your opposition sometimes.

The very fact that their debt is now what it is, proves my point conclusively. If they want to win the league again, they are going to have to replace Ronaldo properly, and now they will have to replace the likes of Giggs and Scholes too.

We will see what ManU fans reaction is if this doesn't happen.

dear dear me.

All those ManU fans should have been worried about their clubs finances when they were winning those titles and the European Cup. <_<

Selling club tbh.

No I am not. I'm saying they realise that if you want to win things, you have to have the best players and pay the going rate to beat your opposition sometimes.

The very fact that their debt is now what it is, proves my point conclusively. If they want to win the league again, they are going to have to replace Ronaldo properly, and now they will have to replace the likes of Giggs and Scholes too.

Well we certainly paid the going rate for long enough without 'beating our opposition'. :angry: I'd love to see Man U try our approach for a decade or two.

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

So we're agreed. The fans will be unhappy that the debt has been allowed to spiral in the last 5 years.

Given the inextricable link between the crippling interest payments and their ability to fund ongoing success.

Edited by Happy Face

£1.1b of debt, and several failing business equals a whole truckload of shit. One crap season like Liverpool have just had, and we can probably see Man Utd. finished as a force or even out of business. They can't replace Ronaldo, Giggs etc. as they have no money, so the team on the pitch will slowly decline. Any manager with half a brain won't follow Ferguson when he retires/dies, as the debts will pile up, a number of the Glazers' other businesses start to go under, and they'll be following their greatest manager.

Unless the Red Knights are just waiting for the Glazers to really feel the pinch and try again with a lower bid next year, I can't see how this will finish pleasantly for Man Utd.

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

So we're agreed. The fans will be unhappy that the debt has been allowed to spiral in the last 5 years.

Given the inextricable link between the crippling interest payments and their ability to fund ongoing success.

I never disagreed. My point is that if only they had known what a collision course they had been on, they would not have celebrated winning those titles and the European Cup so much would they ?

dear dear me.

All those ManU fans should have been worried about their clubs finances when they were winning those titles and the European Cup. <_<

Selling club tbh.

Well we certainly paid the going rate for long enough without 'beating our opposition'. :angry: I'd love to see Man U try our approach for a decade or two.

Remind yourself again how long they went without winning the league before Alex Ferguson was appointed ;)

You know nowt lad. I hope you are laughing at their embarrassment as they laughed at you.

Oh, wait a moment. ;)

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

Remind yourself again how long they went without winning the league before Alex Ferguson was appointed ;)

You know nowt lad. I hope you are laughing at their embarrassment as they laughed at you.

Oh, wait a moment. ;)

Do you know how many trophies they won in the intervening years btw?

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

I never disagreed. My point is that if only they had known what a collision course they had been on, they would not have celebrated winning those titles and the European Cup so much would they ?

Have you not been watching the protests that have been going on in Manchester despite winning the title three years on the trot and winning the champions league? Some fans went so far as to set up another club. They could see it coming and complained bitterly even while winning things and celebrating accordingly.

Edited by Happy Face

dear dear me.

Selling club tbh.

Have you not been watching the protests that have been going on in Manchester despite winning the title three years on the trot and winning the champions league? Some fans went so far as to set up another club. They could see it coming and complained bitterly even while winning things and celbrating accordingly.

of course. We will see what they do when or if they actually stop investing and attempting to win the prizes though.

of course. We will see what they do when or if they actually stop investing and attempting to win the prizes though.

erm...keep protesting? :angry:

they will be screaming out for investment though.