Man U are paying £69m interest a year on their debts.

Park Life

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hova
They can afford it.

Mmmm...We'll see.

:D Are you suggesting that there's even a chance that they can't?

I suggest you read up on how their debt is organised.

I suggest how you read up on how much money they actually make!

What the 45m loss they made last year?

Don't make me hurt you.

They're obviously feeling the pinch like. That's why they paid 30mill for Berbatov. In fact I just tried to ring glazier and it was engaged. Then I rang up the administrators and it was also engaged!!! Man U are history!!!!

Do you understand what leveraged buyout means?

Couldn't give a flying fuck ;) They're in no financial difficulties whatsoever...

.. while they're successful

couple of season without silverwear (which is unlikely but possible) and they'd be in trouble.

Why? They aren't going to stop being a massive global brand by having a couple of poor seasons.

They can afford it.

Mmmm...We'll see.

Don't make me hurt you.

They're obviously feeling the pinch like. That's why they paid 30mill for Berbatov. In fact I just tried to ring glazier and it was engaged. Then I rang up the administrators and it was also engaged!!! Man U are history!!!!

Couldn't give a flying fuck ;) They're in no financial difficulties whatsoever.

Just like Lehman Brothers, GM, Northern Rock etc.

They can afford it.

Mmmm...We'll see.

Don't make me hurt you.

Couldn't give a flying fuck ;) They're in no financial difficulties whatsoever.

classic internet argument there "I have no idea what you are talking about, so I am obviously correct"

They can afford it.

Mmmm...We'll see.

Don't make me hurt you.

Couldn't give a flying fuck ;) They're in no financial difficulties whatsoever...

couple of season without silverwear (which is unlikely but possible) and they'd be in trouble.

Why? They aren't going to stop being a massive global brand by having a couple of poor seasons.

They make their money because of their success, so I'd wager if that success were to falter, so would their income.

They can afford it.

Mmmm...We'll see.

Don't make me hurt you.

They make their money because of their success, so I'd wager if that success were to falter, so would their income.

Not necessarily even that. If the recession worsens...and subscriptions to Sky Sports slow down...and future tv deals aren't what the last one was...and people can't afford so many official strips....and people can't justify the ticket price...

That would be tough enough for them, without Fergie's retirement and the inevitable crash that will follow.

As already said that success has to be pretty much guaranteed for the cash to flow and for various sponsors to continue to finance adv and shirt deals. If they stop winning and I mean start finishing 3rd and 4th then the front foot risk and upfront loans will start to pull them down faster than a normal club.

They made a whacking loss in the last accounts and that is taking into consideration an overall player transfer profit plus the extra tv money (about 18m extra for them). One wonders what will happen next season with the growing debt and perhaps no player profit and certainly no bonus tv pay out.

Glazer has done a clever thing in that he has saddled the club with the debt for his leveraged buyout against 25yr future earings (bit like Fatty and our norther rock money but on a wildly more risky scale)...His bet was that he could continue to grow revenue, I'm not an expert but I have a hunch that in the current financial environment that revenue has all but topped out for football in real terms.

If the plan is going well and they are posting losses what will happen when the first hiccup occurs, for they owe money not only to Bank of Scotland, but also JP Morgan, with whom he signed (allegedly) an asset ownership deal ie if he starts to default JP will gain control of transitional assets ie players. If these dominoes start to fall JP could make Man U sell players to service debt.....It will not could. Glazer alone is standing against somewhere between 700-900 Euro loans (only as guarantor - against the clubs future earnings).

I'm not saying they are in trouble, I'm saying it is risk/gamble of sorts and with ballooning interest and ever increasingly nervous banks there are interesting times ahead.

Edited by Park Life

Quite an outstanding sum!!! :D

sack the board. Terrrible. They obviously don't know what they are doing.

I'd buy yourself an mp3 player mate, this hifi of yours seems to break every record you own.

Can anyone be arsed to make a league table out of that

Beats working...

Debt....

Chelsea - £701m

Man U - £699m

Arsenal - £416m

Liverpool - £280m

Man City - £147m

Fulham - £197m

Newcastle - £106m

Boro - £93m

Aston Villa - £73m

Sunderland - £69.2m

Wigan - £66.4m

Spurs - £65m

Portsmouth - £57m

Bolton - £52m

Everton - £39m

West Ham - £36m

Blackburn - £17m

West Brom £8.9m

Stoke £2.3m

Hull - £1m

Edited by Happy Face

Debts of £17m, that is pretty good. Shame our turnover is so poor, otherwise we'd be even better. Oh how I'd laugh if Man Utd ended up 5th next season, and therefore out of the Champions League. They need to win either the league or the Champions League most seasons to make ends meet.

Club Profit

Liverpool n\a

Arsenal £36.7

West Brom*£11.3

Fulham £3.2

Spurs £3.0

Blackburn £3.0

Everton £0.0

Hull* -£2.0

Sunderland-£4.9

Stoke* -£5.6

Aston Villa -£7.6

Boro -£8.3

Bolton -£8.4

Wigan -£11.2

Portsmouth-£17.0

West Ham -£22.0

Man City -£32.6

Newcastle -£34.0

Man U -£44.8

Chelsea -£84.5

*Non Premiership

Most profitable non top 4 team came bottom. :D

Club Wages/Turnover

Liverpool n\a

Stoke* 106.25%

Wigan 89.30%

West Brom*80.15%

Portsmouth77.59%

West Ham 77.54%

Hull* 76.67%

Newcastle 74.01%

Fulham 73.18%

Boro 72.50%

Blackburn 70.39%

Chelsea 69.76%

Aston Villa 66.67%

Bolton 65.99%

Man City 65.86%

Everton 58.55%

Sunderland58.33%

Man U 47.27%

Spurs 46.12%

Arsenal 45.53%

*Non Premiership

I mentioned it during the season, but i'm still not sure why relegation is so much more catastrophic for us than it is for Boro.

Debts of £17m, that is pretty good. Shame our turnover is so poor, otherwise we'd be even better. Oh how I'd laugh if Man Utd ended up 5th next season, and therefore out of the Champions League. They need to win either the league or the Champions League most seasons to make ends meet.

Hope Citeh push on this year.

I mentioned it during the season, but i'm still not sure why relegation is so much more catastrophic for us than it is for Boro.

Club------Turnover--Debt------Wage Bill-Wages/Turnover-Profit----Interest

Newcastle-£100.8----£106.0----£74.6-----74.01%/////////-£34.0----£6.6

Boro------£48.0-----£93.0-----£34.8-----72.50%/////////-£8.3-----£7.2

EDIT: Suppose it's that £40m wage bill difference.

Edited by Happy Face

Which we should be ditching anytime soon.

Which we should be ditching anytime soon.

As a percentage of turnover it's just the same though.

We'll both lose the same TV money which is a far smaller proportion of our turnover than it is to them. And, as you say, our wage bill can be halved easily. I reckon they're in more shit than us......except they've got a good, stable chairman who doesn't throw a wobbly every month and will support them in the lower league as he did in the top one.

Fucking hell, Fulham have more debt than I realised.

me neither, possibly some remaining from the stadium renovation?