Road Signs Mock Clubs Relegation

Tom

Begs the question why the obsession with ourselves if the future is so bright. I know we released a few daft magazines when they went down but their recent antics have left me speechless B)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Begs the question why the obsession with ourselves if the future is so bright. I know we released a few daft magazines when they went down but their recent antics have left me speechless B)

Do you really think that every single Sunderland Fan has an obsession with your beloved club?

You've had your fun over the years, now its time for us to mock you. I for one, like many other Sunderland Fans, want to concentrate on our club and what the future holds for us rarther than laugh at your demise. I'll admit, i found this all very funny at the end of the season, but now it is rarther tedious.

Cant fight our corner in that one, a yo-yo club we have been. But times have now changed, your in the championship with no owners, no manager, probably very little to spend on transfers next season and a full sqaud who are thrashing your wage bill and the majority of whom want to leave for bigger clubs.

Whilsts we are in the Premiership with a New Manager looking to take us forward, A new board who will give us full backing and plenty of money for transfers and a future, that if managed correctly, looks bright.

Trouble is mate, your club hasn't the lure of the majority of clubs in your position. We twice gained access to the top tier of English football because of the media created fascia of the club. Our managers at the time could lure the biggest and brightest, we're renowned for our vocal and voracious support, we paid big money and we had history.

If you were a southern club I'd say, sure you could kick on from here. If you were a sleeping giant recently awoken from it's slumber I'd agree you had a chance. You're not though. You're sunderland, even the phonetics of your name sound mundane and M.O.R.

You might get midtable for a few years, you may even break into Europe randomly, but you'll not live long enough to see the club you love challenge for the title.

Granted, it's probable that I won't either. But for your compatriots to call us deluded, then spout their shite... it just sticks in my throat is all.

Do you really think that every single Sunderland Fan has an obsession with your beloved club?

You've had your fun over the years, now its time for us to mock you. I for one, like many other Sunderland Fans, want to concentrate on our club and what the future holds for us rarther than laugh at your demise. I'll admit, i found this all very funny at the end of the season, but now it is rarther tedious.

I would've said no a few weeks back but recent events lead me to believe otherwise.

Cant fight our corner in that one, a yo-yo club we have been. But times have now changed, your in the championship with no owners, no manager, probably very little to spend on transfers next season and a full sqaud who are thrashing your wage bill and the majority of whom want to leave for bigger clubs.

Whilsts we are in the Premiership with a New Manager looking to take us forward, A new board who will give us full backing and plenty of money for transfers and a future, that if managed correctly, looks bright.

Trouble is mate, your club hasn't the lure of the majority of clubs in your position. We twice gained access to the top tier of English football because of the media created fascia of the club. Our managers at the time could lure the biggest and brightest, we're renowned for our vocal and voracious support, we paid big money and we had history.

If you were a southern club I'd say, sure you could kick on from here. If you were a sleeping giant recently awoken from it's slumber I'd agree you had a chance. You're not though. You're sunderland, even the phonetics of your name sound mundane and M.O.R.

You might get midtable for a few years, you may even break into Europe randomly, but you'll not live long enough to see the club you love challenge for the title.

Granted, it's probable that I won't either. But for your compatriots to call us deluded, then spout their shite... it just sticks in my throat is all.

I dont get what your point is with the first paragraph. Thats in the past, im talking about the present and future. I dont know if you have kept track of the Premier League for the past few years, but normally there are four clubs challenging for the title every season, of course i dont expect us to challenge for the title, neither do i expect the likes of Blackburn, Aston Villa, Everton, Fulham, Tottenham, West Ham or the once great Newcastle United either.

Thats the plan over the next few years btw. Top Half, Challenge for Europe. I dont expect us to bring home the premier league title any time soon. However if your lot think your club is or was ever in with a chance, then maybe you are deluded...........

I dont get what your point is with the first paragraph. Thats in the past, im talking about the present and future. I dont know if you have kept track of the Premier League for the past few years, but normally there are four clubs challenging for the title every season, of course i dont expect us to challenge for the title, neither do i expect the likes of Blackburn, Aston Villa, Everton, Fulham, Tottenham, West Ham or the once great Newcastle United either.

Thats the plan over the next few years btw. Top Half, Challenge for Europe. I dont expect us to bring home the premier league title any time soon. However if your lot think your club is or was ever in with a chance, then maybe you are deluded...........

We have been close to winning the title on a few occasions tbh

We have been close to winning the title on a few occasions tbh

I honestly thought we had ''a shot'' one season under Robson.

What I meant FM is that you're not really going to crack the second tier, your club hasnt the draw that bigger clubs do. The best sunderland can hope for is a random jaunt into Europe by virtue of the inter-two-bob or 10th... ish.

Newcastle will be back and putting partisanship aside ofr the moment, when we're in the premiership we're a club that doesn't look out of place amongst the 5th-9th placed team. If the mackems ever scaled that height the talk would not be of "rightly so", it'd be "you fucking what?"

No offence, but your just not that big a deal.

proof positive is the column inches spent reporting on a (now) championship club, ahead of premier league clubs. Portsmouth are in the middle of a tortuous take-over, West Ham are on the skids, but the back pages talk about Newcastle United. For better or worse, we matter more.

Friendly, does it bother mackems that we don't care about them half as much as they care about us?

It always makes me chortle that whenever I read through the SMB and they get accused of being obsessed their retort is always "Nor, there's loads of threads on Newcastle websites about us!" when on any given day you could struggle to find one thread about the Mackems on either here or N-O. Even when their world is falling down such as when Keane left I think there was one solitary thread on either board B)

What I meant FM is that you're not really going to crack the second tier, your club hasnt the draw that bigger clubs do. The best sunderland can hope for is a random jaunt into Europe by virtue of the inter-two-bob or 10th... ish.

Newcastle will be back and putting partisanship aside ofr the moment, when we're in the premiership we're a club that doesn't look out of place amongst the 5th-9th placed team. If the mackems ever scaled that height the talk would not be of "rightly so", it'd be "you fucking what?"

proof positive is the column inches spent reporting on a (now) championship club, ahead of premier league clubs. Portsmouth are in the middle of a tortuous take-over, West Ham are on the skids, but the back pages talk about Newcastle United. For better or worse, we matter more.

We wouldnt look out of place in the top half of the table imo. We have a good manager, a quality stadium, a huge following and if we get the right players in, then like i said earlier, the future is bright. Your club on other hand..................................

The reason your on the back pages as much as you are is becuase of the simple fact that your club is in such a state atm, the majority of stories are mainly about who will take you over, will Shearer be manager and which players will be staying/going. Exiting stuff! if thats anything to be proud of then im happy for you.

We wouldnt look out of place in the top half of the table imo. We have a good manager, a quality stadium, a huge following and if we get the right players in, then like i said earlier, the future is bright. Your club on other hand..................................

The reason your on the back pages as much as you are is becuase of the simple fact that your club is in such a state atm, the majority of stories are mainly about who will take you over, will Shearer be manager and which players will be staying/going. Exiting stuff! if thats anything to be proud of then im happy for you.

If Sunderland would be in a situation like us right now, do you think there would be so many stories?

Friendly, does it bother mackems that we don't care about them half as much as they care about us?

It always makes me chortle that whenever I read through the SMB and they get accused of being obsessed their retort is always "Nor, there's loads of threads on Newcastle websites about us!" when on any given day you could struggle to find one thread about the Mackems on either here or N-O. Even when their world is falling down such as when Keane left I think there was one solitary thread on either board B)

It makes me laugh that you lot like to think we care and are obsessed with your club, come off it. I know your up shit creek at present and the best comebacks you have are about bringing up the past and what Newcastle nearly achieved, but f*ck me, you the deluded ones if you really think we care about your club over our own.

It makes me laugh that you lot like to think we care and are obsessed with your club, come off it. I know your up shit creek at present and the best comebacks you have are about bringing up the past and what Newcastle nearly achieved, but f*ck me, you the deluded ones if you really think we care about your club over our own.

Road signs, shop signs, fake bids for the club, 'Premiership parties', t-shirts, wristbands etc. Howay kidda, to say you're not even the slightest bit obsessed flies in the face of everything that has been going on since we went down :)

And to be fair you started the ball rolling with "Look at what we nearly won" posts by saying we'd never came close :D

Edited by Ketsbaia

If Sunderland would be in a situation like us right now, do you think there would be so many stories?

So many stories! B) The only stories, like ive said, Shearer, Mike Ashley and what players will/stay or go............................

Your Friendly Mackem mask is slipping mate. You can't say anything we don't already know, all you are doing here is trying to rub our noses in it. It'll end in tears. Shall we do attendances yet?

What are you doing here?

Your Friendly Mackem mask is slipping mate. You can't say anything we don't already know, all you are doing here is trying to rub our noses in it. It'll end in tears. Shall we do attendances yet?

What are you doing here?

Please God no. It'll end in a big club argument and they're gayer than Meenzer B)

So many stories! B) The only stories, like ive said, Shearer, Mike Ashley and what players will/stay or go............................

Theres loads of stories about new owners, Shearer and who goes and who stays. But you didn't answer my question, do you think there would be so many of stories like that if you were in the exact same situation?

What are you doing here?

Im not trying to rub anyones nose in it mate, im just having my say as a Sunderland Supporter. I was quite happy leaving it as it was with my first post, but for some of you to come back and say we are obsessed with your club and how big you think your club is, then i thought id say something, thats what a forum is for isnt it?