Autobiographies that changed your opinions of people

Kid Dynamite

Most "autobigraphies" are written by others, it's true. The subject still goes through it with the ghost writer to make sure they're painted in the most flattering light.

That's why I said they're the same as official biographies normally.

I'm confused... are we disagreeing about who's agreeing with eachother the most? :jesuswept:

I found Peter Kay's alittle boring. The worst one I've read was Ginolas, infact I didnt finish it cos it was so bad. I hate it when the book is just an excuse to publicly air all your grievances.

Ginola's was fucking hilariously bad. I've got a signed copy. :jesuswept: I love how he starts one chapter with some profound lyrics to describe our failure to win the title.....from a Lightning Seeds song.

I found Peter Kay's alittle boring. The worst one I've read was Ginolas, infact I didnt finish it cos it was so bad. I hate it when the book is just an excuse to publicly air all your grievances.

Ginola's was fucking hilariously bad. I've got a signed copy. :jesuswept: I love how he starts one chapter with some profound lyrics to describe our failure to win the title.....from a Lightning Seeds song.

Sounds so bad it's good.

Nothing to do with autobiographies, but I was pleasantly surprised Cantona didn't come across as a twat in his recent film. He was/is a lot cooler than Ginola tbf.

Recently read Peter Ustinov's, very disapointed, for someone who was such a great raconteur it was a huge let down.

I'll agree with Alex and say that most autobiographies are total shite, especially footballers. It's the same old shit, although you do get the very rare footballer who has the balls to tell some stories. I bought Kevin Pietersen's for a couple of quid in the airport bargain bucket a couple of years back and what a prize prick the man is. His whole book is all about all the people he's falling out with, how he can't understand why they've falling out with him, and basically how great he is. What a tit.

More to the point, what sort of cunt reads them? See the OP :lol:

most autobiographies / official biographies (normally exactly the same thing anyway) are terrible snorefests.

I take it your mates told you this, seeing as you wouldnt read one yourself of course :jesuswept:

More to the point, what sort of cunt reads them? See the OP :lol:

most autobiographies / official biographies (normally exactly the same thing anyway) are terrible snorefests.

I take it your mates told you this, seeing as you wouldnt read one yourself of course :jesuswept:

I've read the odd one like but you don't need to stick your hand in the fire to know it burns, do you?

Des Lynam's? Fuck me :razz:

Edited by alex

It was in the communal bookcase on holiday if you must know!

Yeah, yeah.

The worst ones (I imagine, obviously) are when people bring one out after they're about 19. Wayne Rooney'll be onto his 5th or 6th before he retires. I hear Gol loved Frank Lampard's though.

Papa John- John Phillips autobiography

shocking the amount of illicit substances that man has put in in body, even more shocking is how he administered some of it (man I hate needles)

classic though, especially the part where Keith richards gets him off heroine by getting him addicted to coke.......seems like a good trade.... :jesuswept:

Young Stalin - never realised he was a TALENTED monster

So talented he wrote it from the grave apparently. Relating to the OP though, most autobiographies / official biographies (normally exactly the same thing anyway) are terrible snorefests.

well spotted young shaver :(:nufc: