The Premiership '09-'10

snakehips

Anyone interested at all?

Was just thinking that I have virtually nil interest in it this season. Yeah, we're in the Champ, and our interest in 'the promised land' would be diminished, but I'm feeling I couldn't give a rat's arse about the top division.

Maybe football is just dead now, regardless of NUFC's position in the world ?

I will probably watch it, I was going to boycoutt it for a laugh but It will probably be a decent season.

Too many shit clubs in the league this season though.

Was just thinking that I have virtually nil interest in it this season. Yeah, we're in the Champ, and our interest in 'the promised land' would be diminished, but I'm feeling I couldn't give a rat's arse about the top division.

I haven't been interested in it for a long time, there's our games that I watch and that's about it, I cringe at the sycophancy the SKY 4 recieve, I heard the BBC start a report on todays game Man U are playing with Chelsea as simply, 'United play Chelsea at Wembley today', was the reporter a red or something? The league has been a dead dodo for years and only the blinkered or anyone with a stake in it like the odious Scudamore can pretend otherwise.

The gap between the top 4 and the also rans has widened as has the gap between those and the shit below them. Villa, everton and spurs haven't strengthened imo. It'll be Man U for the title again maybe Chelsea. Liverpool and Arsenal haven't the right mix on the pitch yet.

As such I don't think the title will be interesting. The relegation battle will be shit too as there aren't any clubs I "want" to go down.

The gap between the top 4 and the also rans has widened as has the gap between those and the shit below them. Villa, everton and spurs haven't strengthened imo. It'll be Man U for the title again maybe Chelsea. Liverpool and Arsenal haven't the right mix on the pitch yet.

As such I don't think the title will be interesting. The relegation battle will be shit too as there aren't any clubs I "want" to go down.

do you reckon? I think the top four are weaker this season thann they were last bar chelsea i think city or villa could break in and i think the CL dominance will falter too

Burnley, Hull, Stoke, Wigan, Wolves, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Blackburn and Sunderland are all terrible teams who in a good season could all palpably go down.

Then you have the top four and Man City and the dregs fight over the rest.

Nevermind now, I was struggling to be ineterested in the prem while we were in it last few years, its got steadilly worse for us, and in its standard in general outside the top 4. Plus the players become ever more annoying as a bunch of people with their embarassing antics on and off the ptich yet recieve more and more money for it.

Do you mean the Premiership 1? (which might actually be shaken up this year if Man City spend enough)

Or the Premiership 2? (which is basically a slightly more upmarket Championship)

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Manchester City

6. Everton

7. Tottenham

8. Aston Villa

9. Fulham

10. West Ham

11. mackems

12. Portsmouth

13. Wigan

14. Blackburn

15. Birmingham

16. Bolton

17. Stoke

18. Wolves

19. Burnley

20. Hull

Hull will be absolutely hopeless this year.

Burnley, Hull, Stoke, Wigan, Wolves, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Blackburn and Sunderland are all terrible teams who in a good season could all palpably go down.

It's funny because when you list them like that it makes the Prem sound shite, they're all shitty little teams who should be in lower leagues.

... not that I'm bitter :lol:

It's funny because when you list them like that it makes the Prem sound shite, they're all shitty little teams who should be in lower leagues.

at the end of the day they earned it last season and we didnt

at the end of the day they earned it last season and we didnt

Any team ran like ours was last year would have been flirting with relegation, and most of last seasons Premiership teams would have been relegated if they'd been run like we were. :icon_lol: