Allen Shellenberger

Angelus71

Sad news for the members of the rock band Lit and their fans....(or fan, ewerk)

The band's drummer, 39-year-old Allen Shellenberger, has passed away.

Shelleberger passed away on Thursday after a battle with brain cancer. He was originally diagnosed back in May of 2008 with a Stage 4 malignant brain tumor.

Unfortunately the tumor was inoperable, but he didn't give up and tried combating it via radiation treatments and chemotherapy.

As for Allen's music career, he played his last gig while on tour with Sugar Ray and Everclear last fall.

Mark McGrath even released a heartwarming statement saying, “Allen was a great drummer, but more importantly a great human being. His courage and positive outlook during his battle with cancer was an inspiration to us all. He will be missed dearly by a music community he helped enrich, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and my friends in LIT.”

As for Allen's friend, No Doubt's Adrian Young, he added, “We’re deeply saddened by Allen’s passing. It’s a difficult moment but we take comfort in remembering how much he loved being in Lit, loved being a drummer and that he saw his rock’n'roll dreams come true. Our thoughts are with his family, bandmates and loved ones.”

:icon_lol:

Edited by Angelus71

Strange band for me - I've tried to listen to a couple of their albums but have always given up but when my player is on random and anyone of their songs come up I always seem to enjoy it and vow to give them another go.

Shame about the drummer though.

Their song "over my head" may have well been the theme that our recent managers walk out of the tunnel to.

Can add "My Own Worst Enemy" to that as well, should be Fat Mikes theme tune :icon_lol:

If only he kicked the living shit out of himself.