Channel Four Now

Guest Stevie

Fuckin hell brings it all back. I'm no American lover, but these evil bastards, the scurge of the world will do something as big as this again soon am telling you.

Very interesting watching it footage never been shown on the street from 100 different angles of people with footage and watching peoples reactions on the streets. Get it on, it's gripping stuff like.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too true mate, what time did it start?? will watch it on 4+1 later

9 o'clock missed the second plane hitting cos I've been out, but this really is grim, interesting, gripping and exhilirating all in one.

What is it...9/11??

Aye, you've got to laugh at yanks though. Some big black bloke 15 minutes after the second plane hit "arrrrrhhh I think this may be a terrorist attack mayaaan". Intuitive bloke.

150'000 Iraqi's died slightly nastier deaths.

So fuck, does that diminish the memory of 3000 who died in New York. Although the Iraqi deaths were obviously bad too, it's in bad taste mentioning it in this thread.

What is it...9/11??

Aye, you've got to laugh at yanks though. Some big black bloke 15 minutes after the second plane hit "arrrrrhhh I think this may be a terrorist attack mayaaan". Intuitive bloke.

Perhaps more planes and more buildings would have resulted in viewer fatigue.

150'000 Iraqi's died slightly nastier deaths.

So fuck, does that diminish the memory of 3000 who died in New York. Although the Iraqi deaths were obviously bad too, it's in bad taste mentioning it in this thread.

Well I know it was awful but in my opinion the ill advised retaliation was worse. (Cause and effect and thus not too out of place)

I don't think we'll ever know the truth behind 9/11 but it seems to be constantly used as a tool to rule by fear and believe me a lot of people are brainwashed into believing that terrorists will kill us all the moment we stop badgering them with heavy arms in Afghanistan.

Still every other day you hear of a young lad - who beliefs aside - effectively died for nothing.

One of the most surreal days of my life.

My cousin worked in the South Tower for AmEx - She stayed at home that day as her husband and kids were poorly.

Her husband is a pilot for United Airways - he was ill and at home.

Her dad is a pilot for United Airways - He was on the runway at Logan airport in Boston waiting for takeoff to Tokyo. He was told to abandon the flight.

Her brother is a pilot for United Airways - He was in Dallas on a training course.

We couldn't get a phonecall through to the US for many, many days. When we did we realised that someone was looking after our family that day.

at work in Accrington, everything stopped and we gathered round the radio in shock

I suppose predictably disney land did not acknowledge anything happening, they didnt even stop "its a small world afterall" blaring out

the look of sheer terror gets me, i could not imagine being in the city the day that happened

The only place the scale of that could be repeated in Newcastle, is at SJP. I know people here think I'm a racist, I'm not racist, I'm not a facist and I'm not right wing, if you knew me you would know that, but on that day I felt racist, there was a definite knee jerk reaction, I ignorantly thought nuke the cunts, then I thought nuke who? Once I'd gathered my thoughts and composure, I realised we were in the phase of the dirtiest war in history, in the past you could see the enemy, now the enemy lives within ally. I think this is how it will be during my life time. The next big war will probably kill most of us, not just in Britain, who I think is the number one target now given the fragility of location and size, but also most of the people on earth. It's an evil world and I tried to ignore it but I had to take my head out the sand that day.

These poor people, muslims, tao's, fat yank cunt, catholics, blacks, whites, none of them deserved what happened and no one can definitively say 100% beyond reasonable doubt exactly, why and what happened, and that's why it's still an open wound with most good people in the world, and it must be a fuckin living hell for the 3000 families of people who died.

the look of sheer terror gets me, i could not imagine being in the city the day that happened

The only place the scale of that could be repeated in Newcastle, is at SJP. I know people here think I'm a racist, I'm not racist, I'm not a facist and I'm not right wing, if you knew me you would know that, but on that day I felt racist, there was a definite knee jerk reaction, I ignorantly thought nuke the cunts, then I thought nuke who? Once I'd gathered my thoughts and composure, I realised we were in the phase of the dirtiest war in history, in the past you could see the enemy, now the enemy lives within ally. I think this is how it will be during my life time. The next big war will probably kill most of us, not just in Britain, who I think is the number one target now given the fragility of location and size, but also most of the people on earth. It's an evil world and I tried to ignore it but I had to take my head out the sand that day.

These poor people, muslims, tao's, fat yank cunt, catholics, blacks, whites, none of them deserved what happened and no one can definitively say 100% beyond reasonable doubt exactly, why and what happened, and that's why it's still an open wound with most good people in the world, and it must be a fuckin living hell for the 3000 families of people who died.

:munch: fuckin spot on stevie

at work in Accrington, everything stopped and we gathered round the radio in shock

I was in Sunderland working it was about 20 minutes before my break I found out. This fat mackem lass called Janine came down and told me. "Ste-ave STE-AVE you 'erd the gossip" I was like aye "aye i knew that Claire with the hairlip was shaggin what ye caal m", she went "no-ah man, there fift-ea thewsund pea-pul went to work in the trayud centurs, and two 'ijacked playans av went in to them" My first thoughts were this is world war 3 this, I went to the bookies at lunch, there was no racing on 16 screens all with it on. Definitely the most tense I've felt in me life.

One of the most surreal days of my life.

My cousin worked in the South Tower for AmEx - She stayed at home that day as her husband and kids were poorly.

Her husband is a pilot for United Airways - he was ill and at home.

Her dad is a pilot for United Airways - He was on the runway at Logan airport in Boston waiting for takeoff to Tokyo. He was told to abandon the flight.

Her brother is a pilot for United Airways - He was in Dallas on a training course.

We couldn't get a phonecall through to the US for many, many days. When we did we realised that someone was looking after our family that day.

they were all blessed Cath,

someone i knew worked in the north tower, he set off for work but forgot his laptop, he turned back for it, that saved his life