KEVIN KEEGAN SEEKS £10m FROM NEWCASTLE

Christmas Tree

The point about him coming back isn't really worth discussing unless someone else buys the club but I think it's probably time to move on anyway. You never know with this place mind.

Some of us will never "be able" to move on. First love and all that. :)

Even now i know i would be like a silly little kid if it broke on Sky News that he was back. (with the right owners ofcourse).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things: I can't imagine it was his first job offer in those 3 years or so out the game and he could have just just sat on his contract and pocketed the cash.

He's had plenty of offers since as well by all accounts.

Love Keegan, wish it had worked, all Ashleys fault.

But

Did Keegan come back for the Money? Without a doubt.

How so?

Thats a hard question to answer.

Reported money troubles tied with his persona never quite seemed right. Given his history he should have got lots of things sorted and written down as guarantees. Just think he jumped a little too quickly.

We'll never know and tbh i would rather they settled out of court.

But

How so?

Reported money troubles tied with his persona never quite seemed right. Given his history he should have got lots of things sorted and written down as guarantees. Just think he jumped a little too quickly.

So in other words, it IS in doubt? :)

But

How so?

Sounds like doubt to me.

But

How so?

KK is a winner, it was never about the money.

He can't really win with people who are against him because if he hadn't took the action they'd probably have said it proves he quit without a good enough reason. Now he's 'suing the club he supposed to love'. I don't really see it like as it's between him and Ashley. I thought it would be settled out of court in any case though but it'll be interesting to see what emerges if it actually does all become public.

Don't think Messrs Cshley and Co. want a big court action where they are made to look evil.

I read that an OOC settlement failed a few months ago. If Ashley thought he would lose (and surely he can afford a lawyer to tell him what will happen), then he would have settled and am sure Keegan would have taken it, since this could be damaging to him too.

Normally, you'd look at this and think Ashley must have a strong hand but given what we know about him, anything could be possible.

The hearing today is not in public, right?

But

How so?

So in other words, it IS in doubt? :)

:):D:razz:

:) Tucked himself in again there. In a way I'd like it to go to court to find out something resembling the truth whilst at the same time the club could do without the inevitable subsequent shit storm.

He can't really win with people who are against him because if he hadn't took the action they'd probably have said it proves he quit without a good enough reason. Now he's 'suing the club he supposed to love'. I don't really see it like as it's between him and Ashley. I thought it would be settled out of court in any case though but it'll be interesting to see what emerges if it actually does all become public.

Don't think Messrs Cshley and Co. want a big court action where they are made to look evil.

I read that an OOC settlement failed a few months ago. If Ashley thought he would lose (and surely he can afford a lawyer to tell him what will happen), then he would have settled and am sure Keegan would have taken it, since this could be damaging to him too.

Normally, you'd look at this and think Ashley must have a strong hand but given what we know about him, anything could be possible.

The hearing is behind large oak doors deep in the forest, in a land far far away. The elves are on high alert.

The hearing is behind large oak doors deep in the forest, in a land far far away. The elves are on high alert.

This is where I imagine you live with your little pointy ears. :)

Edited by Christmas Tree

This is where I imagine you live with your little pointy ears. :)

It is said there is a hush amongst the trees and no wind stirs and lambs have calved still born. The darkness that entered 20 score and five full moons ago will be met and he shall go no further. An old teabag has been found still unused and the Shamen will make a brew fortified with the blood of blind virgins.

Given the fact you've been a contrary fucker from day one on this board, I'm not in the least bit surprised by your opinion.

Being a "contrary fucker" isn't really hard when you're dealing with opinions ranging from the utterly retarded to the frankly ridiculous tbh

If this was involving any other club, I guarantee those who claim Keegan is a money-pinching bottler would claim he was only fighting for what he was entitled to.

I wish it didn't mean that it could possibly cost the club £10m but for fuck's sake, he is, sadly, entitled to it.

If he's not and that everything they say was in his contract actually was there, then it's an admission they're a bunch of lying cunts for telling us (via the press) that KK had the final say on transfers before this all kicked off.

Regardless of the outcome, our name is being dragged through the shit again. THAT's what I don't like and for that I blame Ashley, not Keegan. He had the chance to put it right 12 months ago. Waited another 7 months before dispensing with Wise though, didn't he?

Alan Curbishley?

Yeah, he's entitled to fuck all either

I wish I could leave my job in a childish strop and pocket £10m. Not to mention the same job I left in a childish strop 11 years ago. Gullible bastards, I could just take, take, take.

There's no way you'd beat McDonalds in court.

If this was involving any other club, I guarantee those who claim Keegan is a money-pinching bottler would claim he was only fighting for what he was entitled to.

I wish it didn't mean that it could possibly cost the club £10m but for fuck's sake, he is, sadly, entitled to it.

If he's not and that everything they say was in his contract actually was there, then it's an admission they're a bunch of lying cunts for telling us (via the press) that KK had the final say on transfers before this all kicked off.

Regardless of the outcome, our name is being dragged through the shit again. THAT's what I don't like and for that I blame Ashley, not Keegan. He had the chance to put it right 12 months ago. Waited another 7 months before dispensing with Wise though, didn't he?

Alan Curbishley?

Yeah, he's entitled to fuck all either

I wish I could leave my job in a childish strop and pocket £10m. Not to mention the same job I left in a childish strop 11 years ago. Gullible bastards, I could just take, take, take.

There's no way you'd beat McDonalds in court.

Not since I barred you for stealing the toys from Happy Meals tbh

Most entertaining thread today.

Anyone who can hurt Ashley for what he has done is just fine by me, the man is a Giant Arsehole. If this does a little more damage to us in the interim so be it, but if any of you think this £10m would have been spent on the team then you are kidding yourself. However I do expect Ashley to rub our noses in this, and try and con fans that Keegan has damaged our chances of getting back to the PL (ignoring who took us down etc). Even if Keegan loses, Ashley will spin this hard.

If the terms of your job turn out out to be radically different to what you signed up to and you feel undermined and ignored then you are within your rights to kick up a stink, the stakes here are just a lot higher than most of us play.

Perhaps Keegan's biggest mistake was believing it would be like the good old days before the PLC. But he cannot have expected transfer matters to be conducted behind his back, by Dennis fucking Wise for fuck's sake.

Keegan might be a bit hot-headed and emotional but I think after SBR he has the most integrity of anyone involved with the club and next to the current ogres and oafs he is a fucking saint.

Edited by trophyshy

Anyone who can hurt Ashley for what he has done is just fine by me, the man is a Giant Arsehole. If this does a little more damage to us in the interim so be it, but if any of you think this £10m would have been spent on the team then you are kidding yourself. However I do expect Ashley to rub our noses in this, and try and con fans that Keegan has damaged our chances of getting back to the PL (ignoring who took us down etc). Even if Keegan loses, Ashley will spin this hard.

If the terms of your job turn out out to be radically different to what you signed up to and you feel undermined and ignored then you are within your rights to kick up a stink, the stakes here are just a lot higher than most of us play.

Perhaps Keegan's biggest mistake was believing it would be like the good old days before the PLC. But he cannot have expected transfer matters to be conducted behind his back, by Dennis fucking Wise for fuck's sake.

Keegan might be a bit hot-headed and enmotional but I think after SBR he has the most integrity of anyone involved with the club and next to the current ogres and oafs he is a fucking saint.

Well said that man :)

Keegan might be a bit hot-headed and emotional but I think after SBR he has the most integrity of anyone involved with the club and next to the current ogres and oafs he is a fucking saint.

:)

THE best post I've seen for ages, 100% spot on!

Spot on