Its the future!!!

Kid Dynamite

The production of electricity is only going to get cleaner and cleaner as the coal powered powerstations are replaced with Nuclear.

Where are you going to build them? And what will you tell the nimbys?

I can't argue, there are two of the fuckers within 25 miles of my house. :)

So chronic masturbation is a side effect of radiation poisoning then? :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The future is the Teleporting mobile phone.

Also, we'll all wear shiny one-piece bodysuits and have meals in pill form

I know this to be true.

You don't security clearance to be mouthing off like this! :)

Pipe down Agent Parky- misdirection is the key!

It was supposed to be a impenetrable field of electricity that went into the sky to stop planes flying.

He claimed to be able to defend the entire boarders of the UK.

Something like a massive Van Der Graff generator on the floor and some means of broadcasting it wireless into the air creating a force field that would take planes out of warfare!

America has it.

The future is the Teleporting mobile phone.

Also, we'll all wear shiny one-piece bodysuits and have meals in pill form

I know this to be true.

You don't security clearance to be mouthing off like this! :)

I have carefully nurtured my online persona as an inconsequential tit with nothing of note to say, and you very nearly go and blow my cover in one post!

Back to Freemason Academy for you Agent Parky :D

The production of electricity is only going to get cleaner and cleaner as the coal powered powerstations are replaced with Nuclear.

Where are you going to build them? And what will you tell the nimbys?

You generally find that those living near to Nuclear power stations are favourable. They are the best paying jobs in invariably rural areas.

As soon as either electric or hydrogen powered cars genuinely take off, there will be utter carnage.

People somehow manage to be run over by trains because the don't hear them (despite them producing a lot of noise as they approach and that when you are stood ON A FUCKING RAILWAY LINE you should be paying attention for trains - there's only 2 possible directions after all).

So silent cars are going to hundreds of thousands of men, women and children. :) (probably even more than the cancer from all the nuclear waste storage facilities)

As soon as either electric or hydrogen powered cars genuinely take off, there will be utter carnage.

People somehow manage to be run over by trains because the don't hear them (despite them producing a lot of noise as they approach and that when you are stood ON A FUCKING RAILWAY LINE you should be paying attention for trains - there's only 2 possible directions after all).

So silent cars are going to hundreds of thousands of men, women and children. :) (probably even more than the cancer from all the nuclear waste storage facilities)

The answer to your population reduction scheme,then.

Carnage in all countries where the green cross code is largely ignored.

So silent cars are going to hundreds of thousands of men, women and children. :D (probably even more than the cancer from all the nuclear waste storage facilities)

Don't think even the carnage of silent death on our roads will be enough to do that.

Only immigration balance + breeding controls will ever get us down to 30m in the UK.

Maybe worse will be electric motorbikes and electric buses and lorries (if they ever get the technology up to making them).

Although the reality will, after the initial carnage of course, be 10mph speed limits in all towns and it being quicker to run than take your electric car. :)

Carnage in all countries where the green cross code is largely ignored.

Stick some ear plugs in then walk around crossing some busy roads, even though you will know what you are doing (as opposed to just popping out for some milk and just not thinking about it) it is surprising how much we rely on hearing as well as eyesight for things like judging when it's safe to cross.

Kids will likely be the biggest proportional rise in deaths though.

So silent cars are going to hundreds of thousands of men, women and children. :D (probably even more than the cancer from all the nuclear waste storage facilities)

Don't think even the carnage of silent death on our roads will be enough to do that.

Only immigration balance + breeding controls will ever get us down to 30m in the UK.

Maybe worse will be electric motorbikes and electric buses and lorries (if they ever get the technology up to making them).

Although the reality will, after the initial carnage of course, be 10mph speed limits in all towns and it being quicker to run than take your electric car. :)

make them with downloadable "driving tones".

picture it- thousands of tricked out Novas belting out Crazy Frog or the latest Blue Monkey shite- Carmageddon

The perfect time for the glorious return of....

sinclair-c5.jpg

Stick some ear plugs in then walk around crossing some busy roads, even though you will know what you are doing (as opposed to just popping out for some milk and just not thinking about it) it is surprising how much we rely on hearing as well as eyesight for things like judging when it's safe to cross.

Aye, even listening to loud music when you're out walking makes it that much more disorienting. Or at least I'm twice as careful when crossing roads but that might just be me. :)

sinclair-c5.jpg

those handle bars must reek after a night on the Guinness.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

So silent cars are going to hundreds of thousands of men, women and children. :razz: (probably even more than the cancer from all the nuclear waste storage facilities)

make them with downloadable "driving tones".

picture it- thousands of tricked out Novas belting out Crazy Frog or the latest Blue Monkey shite- Carmageddon

Given that they've banned pedestrian crossings that bleep in many places can you imagine people living on a street that has bleeping cars coming past at 3am. :D

sinclair-c5.jpg

They were pretty energy efficient, given that you could only go about 40 metres on the battery then you had to pedal however much further you were going. :D

Aye, even listening to loud music when you're out walking makes it that much more disorienting. Or at least I'm twice as careful when crossing roads but that might just be me. :razz:

It could be just the headphones unbalancing you. :)

I'm just reading MacKay's Sustainable energy without the hot air, very interesting.

Nuclear is not the answer fwiw. Oil crisis would be replaced by a nuclear crises as uranium stocks would be depleted in twenty years or so. (Out of Gas, David Goodstein).

Currently 4% of our energy is from Nuclear and Renewables.

Tide - Too expensive

Deep Offshore wind - not near my radar!

Shallow offshore wind - not near our birds!

Wind - NIMBY MADNESS

Biomass - not in my countryside!

PV Farms far too expensive!

Local PV - No, they would spoil the visual amenity of the street

Solar heating - No, they would spoil the visual amenity of the street

Wind - No they're ugly and noisy

Public consultation is the problem. Force brown and black outs on them, they'll sharp change their minds. This won't happen though, so wtf are we to do?

I'm just reading MacKay's Sustainable energy without the hot air, very interesting.

Nuclear is not the answer fwiw. Oil crisis would be replaced by a nuclear crises as uranium stocks would be depleted in twenty years or so. (Out of Gas, David Goodstein).

Currently 4% of our energy is from Nuclear and Renewables.

Tide - Too expensive

Deep Offshore wind - not near my radar!

Shallow offshore wind - not near our birds!

Wind - NIMBY MADNESS

Biomass - not in my countryside!

PV Farms far too expensive!

Local PV - No, they would spoil the visual amenity of the street

Solar heating - No, they would spoil the visual amenity of the street

Wind - No they're ugly and noisy

Public consultation is the problem. Force brown and black outs on them, they'll sharp change their minds. This won't happen though, so wtf are we to do?

I work in the industry..

You're absolutely right about uranium stocks, they are ultimately a limited fuel, though 20 years is out of sink with most thinking.

Suggest that our energy future will be a combination of all of the above, apart from PV farms here. Costs will fall in wave and tidal energy and ultimately bills will get much higher. A change in attitude regarding energy efficiency is also much needed and much overdue.

But wind will more than likely lead the way in the UK.

Suggest large scale near shore wind farms are a given. We will almost certainly litter the country with onshore turbines and on a good windy day that should be enough for everyone. On a non-windy day (which can be mitigated against to an extent by profileration) there will be a need for other fuel sources.

There is a lot of talk about deep offshore turbines being potentially used as hydrogen producing stations and the worlds first floating 100m turbine was launched last week, bringing that a step closer.

We will ultimately still rely on fossil fuels until the silver bullet is found, for my money the person who invents a huge energy storage device will be richer beyond his wildest dreams..

What about underground flywheels as energy stores?

And what about this space based thing the Japanese are doing, harvesting the sun and sending some insane beam of power down to earth?

What do you do Donald?