Larndan

wykikitoon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 points you make are mutually exclusive though. I dont think Ive ever accused 'everyone' who drinks to do so just to get mortal, you keep telling me I have though?

I said you bemoan the fact people go out to get mortal. I didn't use the word 'everyone'. You did. ;)

"S-H-I-T-Shithole"

South Shields in the Venice of the North.

You think South Shields smells of shit?

Personally I find the North sea air to be a mellifluous scent.

It's at least 30 years people behind Newcastle, the people are too. That market and the pubs around them oh dear. Them type of pubs were shut down here 20 years ago.

"S-H-I-T-Shithole"

It's at least 30 years people behind Newcastle, the people are too. That market and the pubs around them oh dear. Them type of pubs were shut down here 20 years ago.

Aye, The Black Garter is a gorgeous pub.

"S-H-I-T-Shithole"

At least it's got fucking SKY.

"S-H-I-T-Shithole"

At least it's got fucking SKY.

;)

The Lambton Arms just had a complete refit. Built a lush new bar at the end rather than going the length. Nice comfy fitted seats rather than the shitty stools...

...but they've still got the telly on channel 4 teletext scrolling through the racing pages 24 hours a day.

Proper pub.

Edited by Happy Face

I hate Larndan with a passion. Too noisy, too crowded, people too rude & unfriendly. I would be happy if i never had to go there again. just my opinion.

Not like up here....

Careless hands:

Lost and Found

If anyone misplaced their iPod at SJP on Saturday, then drop us a line here and we'll reunite you with it -

and extract the proverbial about your musical "taste".

We also know of a wallet, picked up at the Gallowgate End and also a ladies watch found outside the South West corner of the ground - both on Saturday. Same email address as above if you want to claim either.

Lucky Ashley never found them though, the Cockney cunt.

I like the proper boozers you get in London, which you don't see too many of in the Toon these days. And it's a great place to go for a couple of days I reckon. Couldn't really be arsed with living there though.

I like the proper boozers you get in London, which you don't see too many of in the Toon these days. And it's a great place to go for a couple of days I reckon. Couldn't really be arsed with living there though.

"East end boys and West end girls"....

A week is enough, but you can have a good week, especially in summer. You're right though. Take the Gate, worst thing that's ever been built in Newcastle in my view, we should be looking to retain our heritage in as many of our new buildings as possible.

I don't agree that London is overrated, there are a million different London's and how they're perceived is dependent on who's eyes are viewing them.

Last summer in a private box at Lords I met the developer who knocked down the Mayfair etc to build The Gate. He was boasting about how the Geordies had moaned about it and they made a fortune.

I was a guest of my friend's family so I didn't stab him thought the heart with a deftly crafted champagne glass knife.