New Zealand qualify for the World Cup

Steve

So what's the alternative? Have qualifying groups open to all confederations? Then we'd just end up with tournaments consisting of mostly European and South American teams, not exactly a 'World' Cup then is it?

Ireland may have been fucked over by the new seeding system, as simple as that, what Ant is advocating is even worse though.

Edited by ewerk

did they? you sure about that

Italy, yup qualified got there

USA 94 yup qualified got there (mcgrath super star!)

1998, finished 2nd in the group lost in the playoffs to belguim

2002..Korea.. yeah we got there there after beating holland.

2006, didn't qualify france and switzerland did

San marino? eh last time (from what i remember) it was like 2007.

Firstly we won, and secondly it was Stan not McCarthy in charge... jog on.

Eh? What did you think I was talking about in my post? Jog on. ;)

Wasn't aimed at you Meenzer :D was pointing it out to the lad who said we missed out due to san marino

Aye, I'm talking about the bit in bold. ;)

The "All Whites" success was fantastic. It received massive coverage on the news and in the papers.

As far as Billy Castell's comments, I think he's right in the sense that rugby (union and league) and netball have always been top dog. That's because these are only the sports in which they've consistently been up there with the best. However there's been genuine pride and excitement at the football here - Kiwis love their sport and love their sportspeople to success. Not that I can see any reason to follow netball, or shot put for that matter.

There'll be a big support for the world cup too, but I expect it'll fall away to nothingness after that when the 2011 rugby world cup gears up in NZ. There's no roots for football here - 1 professional team which is poorly supported in terms of numbers and a nation of 4 million people with very little interest in attending football matches. But it's a massive to qualify, regardless of who they played.

BBC Story

So we have both Australia and New Zealand in the World Cup. Excellent for football in our part of the world. I don't understand the argument where you have people saying it diminishes the event having smaller nations like the Kiwis and the like when bigger nations like France and Portugal may not make it through. It's the WORLD Cup, not the European Championships.

Now I don't know how the seedings will work, but a group of Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa would be fucking awesome. Nine points for the Aussies and the Poms and Saffers can fight it out for second place. ;)

why have you attached a heart to this ?

Not that I can see any reason to follow netball, or shot put for that matter.

Fit women in short skirts should be enough for you Kitman, you've been in NZ to long if the sheep are looking good ;)

;) Aye they're fit all right!

358699.jpg

Hmmmmmm, she wants me

sheep.jpg

Not that I can see any reason to follow netball, or shot put for that matter.

Fit women in short skirts should be enough for you Kitman, you've been in NZ to long if the sheep are looking good ;)

;) Aye they're fit all right!

358699.jpg

Hmmmmmm, she wants me

sheep.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot, you're in Ewe Zeelund.

065600-natalie-von-bertouch.jpg