What's an appropriate sentence for killing 27,000?

Happy Face

John Demjanjuk, accused of helping to murder more than 27,000 Jews at a Nazi death camp, has gone on trial in the German city of Munich.

Mr Demjanjuk, who is 89 and was deported from the US in May, entered the courtroom in a wheelchair. His eyes were closed but he seemed conscious.

He denies being a camp guard at Sobibor, in Nazi-occupied Poland.

The trial is expected to last until May and, if found guilty, Mr Demjanjuk could be sentenced to 15 years in jail.

More

I make that less than 5 hours per victim.

I know he'll be dead soon enough anyway. Just seemed low.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just seen him on the news being wheeled into court, I couldn't help feeling it was beyond the pale to prosecute him now.

Did you not see Junior Soprano putting on the same act when he was looking at jail time? :razz:

Did you not see Junior Soprano putting on the same act when he was looking at jail time? :razz:

The Sopranos is on my "Only seen a couple of random episodes - enough to realise it was a must see so waiting for a chance to watch it all" list - will probably need a serious illness unfortunately.

I perfectly understand the desire for justice/revenge and there were some survivors in court but fucking hell the bloke's at death's door by the looks of things.

dont pitty him or show him mercy. He didnt show either of those things. Let him die in jail for me like

He's not likely to be a recidivist like. Course jails aren't only there to keep the streets safe. But i can see both sides.

Strange that America would send him to his trial 70 years after the event while Washington insists Bush and his lot shouldn't be investigated because Iraq is history now.

These people down the food chain who get prosectuted for war crimes oh dear. Realistically what could he do? Go to Hitler and say right I can't be arsed killing all these four be's, you can guarantee Hitler would have him killed too, horrible situation to be in.

These people down the food chain who get prosectuted for war crimes oh dear. Realistically what could he do? Go to Hitler and say right I can't be arsed killing all these four be's, you can guarantee Hitler would have him killed too, horrible situation to be in.

Quite the opposite, the Germans went about it with gusto and vigour and in their world renowned efficent manner. To this day they busy themselves watching each other and noting if No.5 hasn't changed to his 'winter wheels' or Wolfgang down the road seems to have too big a car (Is he paying his tax??) etc..Essentially a country full of boring and over officious cunts with an eye to correctness and status and all the tedium that goes with it. A humourless pack of automatons fresh out of the black forest, riddled with angst and guilt. Only the Swiss are more boring. Who do I blame for the war crimes? The Germans not Hitler, the were asking for it and imo almost willed Hitler into existence. A dark moody race that can nerver be fully trusted.

Quite the opposite, the Germans went about it with gusto and vigour and in their world renowned efficent manner. To this day they busy themselves watching each other and noting if No.5 hasn't changed to his 'winter wheels' or Wolfgang down the road seems to have too big a car (Is he paying his tax??) etc..Essentially a country full of boring and over officious cunts with an eye to correctness and status and all the tedium that goes with it. A humourless pack of automatons fresh out of the black forest, riddled with angst and guilt. Only the Swiss are more boring. Who do I blame for the war crimes? The Germans not Hitler, the were asking for it and imo almost willed Hitler into existence. A dark moody race that can nerver be fully trusted.

Enough about Isegrim, what do you think about Germans in general though.

This.

Even today, kids would rather be part of the gang in school than stand upto the bully and lots of decent men and women walk by as someone gets a filling in.

Must have been a lot of decent Germans who found themselves in horrific situations.

By all means if theirs proof of evilness in lower ranking guards go and get them, but not just because they were guards.

comparing hitler and the nazis to the school bully. Fuck me

Nice uniforms though :razz:

:P Aye.

:P Aye.

not as nice as the italians tho. they had STYLE...................... :P

Hugo Boss made the German Uniforms.

As much as some people were trapped and almost forced to carry out some acts there was some utter evil bastards fighting for the Germans. I read about some of them in ''Home Run'' and there were some who didn't quite get the fame as the big offenders who were ridiculously evil none the less.

It takes a special sort of person to be a concentration camp guard, I expect he had choices along the way. If indeed it is him, which it probably isn't.

The British invented concentration camps

yup, to subjugate the Boers in S.Africa. they put all the Boer farmers wives and kids in the camps. conditions were pretty bad in these camps and there were quite a few deaths from disease but the British didnt go out of their way to exterminate them.

Every muppet says that. there is absolutely no comparison. :P Ours were chicken wire and loud halers, theirs were Siemens and Thyssen Krupp. I had so many discussions about he holocaust while in Deutschland I consider myself quite the authority on the subject these days. :razz:

yup, to subjugate the Boers in S.Africa. they put all the Boer farmers wives and kids in the camps. conditions were pretty bad in these camps and there were quite a few deaths from disease but the British didnt go out of their way to exterminate them.

Perhaps the name was invented around that time or as a result of that (not sure tbh) but similar camps existed before that so you couldn't even say the British invented them imo.

aye well - lets prosecute some poor bloody god knows what at the bottom of the killing chain while the bankers and industrialists were let off....................

aye well - lets prosecute some poor bloody god knows what at the bottom of the killing chain while the bankers and industrialists were let off....................

It's hard to see that ever changing. One day.......