Euro 2012

khay

Draw this weekend for the Euros.

Seeding pots

Pot one: Spain (holders), Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Croatia, Portugal, France, Russia

Pot two: Greece, Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Turkey, Denmark, Slovakia, Romania

Pot three: Israel, Bulgaria, Finland, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Pot four: Slovenia, Latvia, Hungary, Lithuania, Belarus, Belgium, Wales, FYR Macedonia, Cyprus

Pot five: Montenegro, Albania, Estonia, Georgia, Moldova, Iceland, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein

Pot six: Azerbaijan, Luxembourg, Malta, Faroe Islands, Andorra, San Marino

Going to be another tough campain for Scotland.

Draw this weekend for the Euros.

Seeding pots

Pot one: Spain (holders), Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Croatia, Portugal, France, Russia

Pot two: Greece, Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Turkey, Denmark, Slovakia, Romania

Pot three: Israel, Bulgaria, Finland, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Pot four: Slovenia, Latvia, Hungary, Lithuania, Belarus, Belgium, Wales, FYR Macedonia, Cyprus

Pot five: Montenegro, Albania, Estonia, Georgia, Moldova, Iceland, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein

Pot six: Azerbaijan, Luxembourg, Malta, Faroe Islands, Andorra, San Marino

Going to be another tough campain for Scotland.

How they are ranked above England I'll never know. Ideal group would be England, Turkey, Scotland, Wales, Iceland and Faroes.

stevie, we weren't even in the last euros

add the fact that we havent actually made it past the quarter finals of either the euros or world cup since we hosted euro '96

what the fuck are you expecting?

stevie, we weren't even in the last euros

add the fact that we havent actually made it past the quarter finals of either the euros or world cup since we hosted euro '96

what the fuck are you expecting?

McClaren's fault that, the true England showed themselves against Croatia (Euro Semi Finalists) this time same players beating them 9-2 on aggeregate. Of all the sides in the world I think England has it in them to hammer anyone, when we get on a role, we're just too quick and powerful.

As for the Quarters etc..., we've had one defeat in 8 years in international tournaments in 90 minutes. Who else can say that? If we could take pens and not have idiots like Kim Milton Neilsen and Frisk reffing us, my view is we'd have been World Champions in 1990, European Champions in 1996, close in 1998, European Champions in 2004 and without against them fuckin Italian defensive wanks World Champions in 2006.

excuse after excuse, one for every tournament we've not won, its the same everytime a WC or Euro comes around, we get knocked out but we "should have won" and its either because of a ref or some other bollocks

not getting beat in 90 mins is utterly irrelevant, we've still got knocked out either in extra time or on pens, both of which are part of the game

excuse after excuse, one for every tournament we've not won, its the same everytime a WC or Euro comes around, we get knocked out but we "should have won" and its either because of a ref or some other bollocks

not getting beat in 90 mins is utterly irrelevant, we've still got knocked out either in extra time or on pens, both of which are part of the game

Ancelotti made a great point about England. He said England are the only side in the world, who when all fit have 6 players who would walk in any side in the world. So true as well.

Strength in depth could be England's downfall imo. Fully fit they've got a side to challenge any in the world.

I agree with that 100%. I think our first eleven is almost as good as Spain.

With England there will always be the lingering doubt. Bags of talent, perhaps a stronger squad than Spain but theres always that feeling that they will make a balls of it. Quite like Spain before they exorcised those demons by finally winning something.

Could it be Englands turn this time?

As regards the draw, from an Irish perspective, I would love to have another go at France, as long as Domenech is still there.

I would be keen to avoid England, I see them as the only team that would give us a real drubbing.

Belgium in pot 4 would be a very tough task for any team, strange ranking considering some of the young talent they have coming through, along with the likes of Vermaelen, Fellaini, Defour, Kompany, Witsel etc.

With England there will always be the lingering doubt. Bags of talent, perhaps a stronger squad than Spain but theres always that feeling that they will make a balls of it. Quite like Spain before they exorcised those demons by finally winning something.

Could it be Englands turn this time?

As regards the draw, from an Irish perspective, I would love to have another go at France, as long as Domenech is still there.

I would be keen to avoid England, I see them as the only team that would give us a real drubbing.

Belgium in pot 4 would be a very tough task for any team, strange ranking considering some of the young talent they have coming through, along with the likes of Vermaelen, Fellaini, Defour, Kompany, Witsel etc.

Belgium are ranked so low because their national team have been awful in recent years

Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, SCOTLAND Lithuania, Liechtenstein

Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland

Group G: ENGLAND, Switzerland, Bulgaria, WALES, Montenegro

Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta

Group E: Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Moldova, San Marino

Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg

Group C: Italy, Serbia, NORTHERN IRELAND Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands

Group B: Russia, Slovakia, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan

Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, SCOTLAND Lithuania, Liechtenstein

Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland

Group G: ENGLAND, Switzerland, Bulgaria, WALES, Montenegro

Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta

Group E: Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Moldova, San Marino

Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg

Group C: Italy, Serbia, NORTHERN IRELAND Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands

Group B: Russia, Slovakia, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan

tough group..............should still qualify tho

Could anyone with a better idea of international football fill me in on Slovakia.

Russia looked exellent in the Euros until they pissed themselves against Holland.

To me it doesn't look a bad group, though. What do the other Irish lads on here think?

England got a great draw,btw.